An idea for a final expansion (if one ever comes)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Xkallubar, Aug 5, 2022 at 7:50 PM.

1. Xkallubar New Member

Honestly I just want an expansion where the players choose whether to fight for Rallos Zek or against him kind of like choosing between Giants Dragons and Coldain in velious. You can help rallos conquer other worlds, norrath, and then the planes, and then after all is done, the rallosian armies fight the only people left to fight, themselves. In true rallosian fashion, they clash until the last living thing in the entirety of all worlds, planes, everything, stands valiantly over the wasteland where all who had ever lived, now lie dead. Rallos then watches over the doomed existence he has made. Rallos then, with no-one but himself to wage war on, kneels down at a shrine to the nameless, fading away forever. With no gods, no life, no people; the pocket of space where all was created blinks away into nothingness and the nameless wanders once more, looking for a new pocket of space to watch, to cleanse his new loneliness. (Applause now at my amazing lore writing skills) BUT WAIT! Before druzzil ro died, THEY SPLIT THE TIMELINE AGAIN! So we are currently playing the lame timeline that druzzil saved from an epic ending.
  2. Rauven Augur

This is kinda literally the storyline of Champions of Norrath: Return to Arms. If you go the evil route, the last boss is Mithaniel Marr.
  3. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Final 'expansion' should just be a large level cap increase (like 10 levels) with no new zones/mobs; and each level takes twice as much XP as the normal scaling (so that the 10th added level takes 1024 levels worth of XP) so that it'll take years for the average player to re-cap; then the fewer remaining players will still be able to beat the toughest content with smaller raid groups.
  4. Fooba Augur

There will be no final expansion, only paid cookie-cutter collections achievements until the end of time.
  5. Lubianx Augur

I agree with Foob, but if there was one, it definitely would be Veeshan
    Cicelee likes this.
  6. error Augur

Probably take the game back to its roots, slaying all the gods in their planes one last time and bringing in Veeshan as the final boss of EQ.
  7. Cicelee Augur

I am curious if the devs have a future plan of how to sunset the game. Or like Foob says, they just turn out a yearly expansion w/achievements and raids.

If it was me, I would make TOL 2.0 (check, Dec 2022), POP 1.0 (Dec 2023) and then POP 2.0 (Dec 2024) with Planes of Water, Fire, Air, Earth, Time and a new zone that houses Veeshan (or Avatar of Veeshan) and call a sunset in spring/summer 2026. And the final raid should not be a guild achievement but rather a server achievement- an open world boss that requires hundreds and hundreds to defeat, not just 54