An honest discussion: zone latency.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Daegun, May 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I have before wizard beams were nerfed, and I just recently did it for slayer. When you pull enough mobs the zone lags out to the point they effectively stand still. You don't even need to snare them.
  2. EverChanter Augur

Again, I've brought up instances of mass killing for 7 classes, and you're the only one who blames a different class as to why yours is "alright". If anything, it's worse because mages are using it to mass kill current content mobs, where rangers and sks are restricted, for the most part, much older content.

I also stated that none of them should be allowed and have been a great harm to the game because SoE is picking and choosing which are ok and which are bad. Wizard beams were "fixed" and the premise is the exact same, so give us a logical reason as to why mages shouldn't be.
    Daegun likes this.
  3. Falos Augur

Edit: not gonna be baited into a dishonest discussion that leads to mages being nerfed yet again based on false info and false comparisons from the vocal minority. I have faith in the devs and the fact that they have access to all of this data and can clearly see this is not a widespread problem but merely an issue taking place on two servers by a select few griefers in which our class should not be tuned or nerfed around.
  4. Explicit Augur

Yeah, false info and comparisons on YOUR part.

Wizard beams being instant AND blinding you has nothing to do with the fact that when you have that many mobs cast time is pretty irrelevant. A for effort though.

As stated, there is already a precedent for this kind of supposed "exploit" -- that is: beams will be nerfed, maybe not now or even 6 months from now but it will probably happen. If they don't, then I see literally no reason why wizards shouldn't be able to participate in the "fun" too.

Gotta love those double standards. Heaven forbid a wizard do it...but it's ok for mages since it's baby's first class.
    Falos likes this.
  5. Falos Augur

*thumbs up, liking your post because it's refreshing to see someone so shameless about their flawed agenda based on dishonesty for the sake of a nerf call.

Keep up the good work.
  6. Explicit Augur

What was dishonest about it? That wizard beams were nerfed for mass-pulling and lagging zones out just like mages are doing now? Oh wait, that's a pretty well-documented fact

Re-read it there pal, I asked for wizards to have their beams back too since it's pretty obvious they don't care what mages do with theirs and neither do I -- it's getting pretty old seeing the double standard fly so high though.

It's getting more difficult to hold your hand through posts when you're so quick to yell "omgnurfz" every time someone even mentions the word "mage"
  7. Falos Augur

The theme of this threads discussion and the tone set by extremely similar posts made a few months ago and a few days ago (which happened to be deleted) pretty much set a very anti mage stance with a focus on nerfs. I can't recall the last time I've called for nerfs on another class.. I won't say I never have but I can't personally recall a time in recent expansions that I have.

It's generally the same handful of people in this thread "discussing" things needing to be (LOL) "fixed" that posted in the mage pet tanking threads in the past. It hasn't even been a month since the last noticable round of mage nerfs and people are already making the class a major target again - not gonna lie. Pretty annoying, especially since this supposed beam kiting exploit does not occur on the majority of servers in the game. I don't care if wizards have an unlimited target AE personally but it's pretty obvious from the theme of these threads popping up that people are trying to get the mage ae's weakened further even though

1. It is a TOTALLY different era of eq than when wizard abilities were altered, and the rate at which exp comes in is far faster these days than it used to be
    2. Mage AE's have other cons to them such as what was referenced earlier: they are not insta cast. There are pro's and con's of both classes AE's (I don't care if they make it so wizards can target as many mobs as mages with theirs though with their insta cast beams)
    3. The EXP from mages doing this is not even the fastest form of exp in the game, It takesa very long time to round up a pull then run around killing it all, it will give you less exp than you will get from a traditional group setting, and there are several other classes that can get decent exp. Necros can kite for decent amounts of exp, Druids can quint kite pretty effectively, bards can reverse charm, knights can still swarm (just not as effectively as it was 5-10 levels ago), zerkers can decap exp, rogues can assassinate the library for decent exp, rangers HS, etc. Lots of classes have access to comparablle speedy methods of exp, some are *slightly slower but take less effort, some are about the same and take a bit more effort),.
    4. Maybe it was someone else that posted this but I am pretty sure you specifically said mage beams should be 'fixed' in an earlier post in the thread (fixed IE another word for nerfed)

The problem is not the classes ability, nothing - absolutely nothing- needs to be changed about the mage ability, what needs to be changes is how a couple griefers on two specific servers are treating fellow members of the server with their actions. I won't quit the game if a vocal minority on the forums leads to yet another round of nerfs against the mage class as opposed to the guilty players within the game being dealt with as individuals.... but I certainly won't be renewing my accounts either. Would rather not be subjected to nerfs that come about from bad choices and bad info.

I did say two posts ago I wouldn't be roped into a debate on this matter further but I suppose I had to contradict myself. I will however depart from this thread with this post being my final thoughts on the matter. Been far too many nerfs in this game in the past few months this vicious cycle of class warfare has to end. All it is going to achieve is sapping the fun from this game bit by bit for the small hardcore crew of players that have stood by this game for over a decade.

If people want to rally against something they should be rallying against the people griefing other players in the game, cheating, autobotting, training, or lagging out zones. These are choices made by individuals behind a keyboard, not problems caused by an entire class.
    Explicit likes this.
  8. SOE-MOD-04 Augur

Gonna go ahead and lock this one up. Please remember that we do not permit nerf calling on these forums as noted in the forum guidelines.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.