An Epic Retelling

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Orbital101, Jun 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iila Augur

The quest itself is exactly the same. But if you do ~*something*~ special, there's a new reward*. And the first person on each server to complete it get a serverwide message, and their name on a plaque on the wall in Felwithe.

*new reward is currently bugged for everyone.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Uuvin Augur

ah so the key is the bonus way. and who tells you the bonus way?

[Fri Jun 17 20:23:04 2016] Lady Carolline of Thex says 'A lovely, enthralling tale, but not so much different than the last few times you've told it.'
    [Fri Jun 17 20:23:04 2016] Your task 'An Epic Request' has been updated.

I did it the same old way. 4 times now.
  3. Iila Augur

You get a hint in the achievement.
    [IMG]
    The top one is the same hint given by clicking on an empty plaque in Felwithe.
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

My account is showing a "Lock" (Red Lock symbol) on "An Epic Retelling." Did it appear like that before you did the achievement?
  5. Iila Augur

Yes, that's normal. The achievement won't appear at all if you can't get it.
    Benito likes this.
  6. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Ok thanks!
  7. Riou EQResource

Yes, not sure why it shows that way, maybe its how they have to set up it being hidden until you hit up the 2x epic request checkmarks
    Benito likes this.
  8. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Should you do your class-epic event first? Does it tell you if you did the bonus? Or run around the other class checkpoints first?
  9. Riou EQResource

You should always do your classes first yes so you can quit if you failed.

From what I can tell the only way to know if you fail or not is to click Preview Reward after you update your step. If it says 1 AA you failed.

If it says 1 AA, Player Flags and (currently) your 2.0 epic ornament name, you success'd.
  10. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Excellent! Thanks!
  11. Uuvin Augur

[Tue Jun 21 16:47:42 2016] The words 'Devout Empathy' are inscribed on the plaque above an empty line that awaits the name of the first worthy Archon.

not much hint there.
  12. Uuvin Augur

nope. I don't get it. did whole thing again and I see no where I can do anything different. it makes absolutely no sense to me. I am not worthy - I don't have enough empathy I guess.
  13. Eanelder Augur

the new items (that i have seen) are not what I expected. Not as flashy as newer items, and look similar in quality / era as the epic 1.0. Were these recently found graphics that the devs wanted to make use of?

Also ... the Mage version seems to be mounted up side down.. Looks like a harpoon or spear instead of something a caster would use.
  14. Triconix Augur

Cool, thanks for the info. Was this posted somewhere? I don't think I've ever seen anything about it until today. And is it on live servers right now?
  15. Orbital101 Augur

keyword for success at end on all the class as been 'should make for a more interesting telling of this tale... imo if you dont see this message at the very end, start over.
    Iila likes this.
  16. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Did that phrase appear at the end of the class-specific event?
  17. EnchFWO Augur

Don't feel bad... the clue for the Enchanter one is "Returned Gift"... T_T
  18. Iila Augur

I'm sure it will make perfect sense, once you figure it out.

Just like a prophecy.
    EnchFWO likes this.
  19. Lianeb Augur

Warrior clue was pretty easy to discern

"Flawless Combatant"
    EnchFWO likes this.
  20. Orbital101 Augur

yes
    Benito likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.