An Epic Request and HH

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benzarden, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Benzarden Augur

I'm having difficulty getting the MM step of the An Epic Request task to update. I'm guessing this is related to HH going on. Is there anyway to fix this?
  2. Edrick Augur

The Mistmoore step for An Epic Request won't work while Mistmoore is in Hardcore Heritage form.
  3. Benzarden Augur

Right. Which is why I am asking for it to be fixed so that I can complete my task.
  4. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

It is likely due to the fact that the updates are specific to the zone name (not to be confused with the zone id or geometry id), and I think that the revamped version has a slightly different name, thus it cannot update it?
  5. Benzarden Augur

How difficult of a fix would it be so that both of the zone names triggered the update. Doesn't seem like it would be very difficult, but idk.
  6. Sebbina Augur

So you weren't ready to do the task before HH, and you can't wait until after the zone reverts to do it, but, you do want it changed now. I don't consider the interruptions of HH to zones to be either a game changer or defective/bugged programming, little speed bumps in life are a chance for us to choose between road rage and improved patience.
  7. Edrick Augur

It wouldn't be much of a problem for non-paladins, but when a paladin activates that step of An Epic Request, he starts a series of events that leads him throughout the zone. The quest isn't meant to be difficult and can be completed by people well before level 100. But since Mistmoore is currently a level 100 zone, that poses a problem.

I can't speak for the developer that did all of the Epic Requests steps, but I don't think the time invested in creating a fix is worth it. Unfortunately, you have to wait.
  8. Feradach Augur

Same thing happened to me last year. Just wait a couple weeks.
  9. Benzarden Augur

Thank you for patronizing me. No really, I learned a lot from your condescending life lesson. I will be sure to pin that eloquent little proverb to my Pintrest board as soon as possible.

Look, I never said it was a game changing problem or that I couldn't wait. In fact, I will have to wait. I merely asked if a fix was possible and how difficult of a fix it would be. I didn't consider the Paladin event Edrick, that is a good point.
    Kelandi and SaderakhBertox like this.
  10. Uxtalzon Augur

Nah, just have to wait it out. HH revamps stomp all over old zone quests and factions associated in those zones. I think even the cleric epic is stymied in Sol B as well.
  11. The Drood Elder

GMs have stated multiple times over the years... You will put your Epic crap on hold During HH events there will be NO Changes made.
    You will wait till HH is over there will be no changes made because your a slacker and wanna wait to do your epic during a known HH event time.You have ample time thru out the year to do this dont wait till HH is live.
    End of Story like it or not that is the facts.
  12. SpamFactory Augur

chance of this being fixed before HH is over is unlikely
  13. Benzarden Augur

Can you provide a link to a dev saying that, Drood? Because I certainly ran a search on the forums before I posted this. But thank you for repeating previous answers and providing zero additional insight except calling me a slacker. Very much appreciated. Especially the all caps parts. You seem like a great guy.

It's not like I intentionally waited until HH rolled around to do this. I simply finished the 2.0 earlier this week, and I couldn't get the ornament task to update. Seemed like a bug to me, and not one that would be difficult to fix by just adding the new version of MM to trigger the update. I did not consider the paladin event. I'm over it. I will wait until HH is over with, no problem.
  14. sojuu Augur

GREAT NEWS!!!!!! The fix for this is incoming soon. The patch incoming after September 10, 2014 will have this fix.
  15. Benzarden Augur

Haha, well played.