An Epic Augment

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Apollyon, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Apollyon New Member

Hello all,
    is it possible to do the necro 2.5 epic at level 110? Dreadshire keep has
    a max level of 85....so seems like its not possible?

thanks for any help
  2. Dreadmore Augur

What do you mean by this?
  3. Apollyon New Member

4. Rickate Augur

Anyone at least 70th level is automatically granted the key to Dreadspire Keep. The information here regards the ACTUAL flag, as it was prior to the minimum level requirement introduced.
  5. Thunderkiks Augur

You can do it at 110. I recently have done this for the first time ever last week. I have made a few run through when lockouts were up and I have been running 2 groups of toons.

Learning the raids was pretty fun, frustrating for a couple, but still fun.

I only needed 1 other live person to help with the sisters event and the rest I was able alone. Tris event I boxed 6 toons for her charm mechanic.

The pages aren't guaranteed either but when you get the blocker drops if you say the correct phrases to the NPC you turn each piece into you can get your page from the final event.

I have since finished myself, bard, shaman, cleric, sk, and rogue.
  6. Tucoh Augur

I did it a few months ago at 110. Bring a couple trackers for the Sisters event.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  7. Magickon Augur

What server are you on? I never picked this up on my necro either...maybe we could team up? We'd have to run it twice of course. I'm on povar.
  8. Apollyon New Member

Thanks for all the responses, good news is it seems I can do it from what everyone has said.
    Still cant seem to initiate the raid...not seeing the statue next to Gaelic, that's why I initially
    thought my level was too high.
    "The expedition may be initiated by anyone at least 70th level by clicking on the furthest statue next to Gaelic the Small at the zone-in of Dreadspire Keep."

MagicKon...im on Saryn server..oh well thanks anyways
  9. Thunderkiks Augur

There are 2 statues. You want the right one. Just click it to get DZ. You will need 6 in group but offline characters count towards the 6.
  10. Felicite Augur

This is important, I believe you can only start the Mistmoore event once per character (maybe I am wrong, but after I started it and got my page, I can't seem to start the event again).

To the OP you want your necro turn in the blockers and say the phrases. If your page drops randomly from Tris note you can reset your blocker answers to spawn a different specific page.

Lots of information here: http://www.eqfreelance.net/strats/strats-dodh.html - look at the blockers and 2.5 pages, also check the bosses. A 110 Necro has enough DPS to solo kill anything, but you still have to do the dance for many of the events.
  11. CrazyLarth Augur

12. Apollyon New Member

So can I loot the pages before looking for Eric Von Schnellerbong?
  13. Thunderkiks Augur

I actually found out, the hard way, that you can start the Mistimore event more than once if you do mess up your answers. The cost? Having to wait out lockouts and do all 9 events again. Wasnt a big deal for me since I have a bunch of toons to do.

Take a lesson from my book though and do it right the first time.

Was literally my first time ever doing any of the events and stuff so I was learning as I went.

To the OP,
    I also forgot to tell you that you will need a healer for Tris. Any healer will work (CLR, DRU, SHM), just needs to be able to single target heal and remove greater curse.
  14. Apollyon New Member

thanks!
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  15. Zinc New Member

I just did this for my necro, so I'll pass along my lessons learned.

I box a Paladin and a Necro, but the Paladin is really my main. I also have a cleric, wizard, bard, and druid on separate accounts. Like others said, you need 6 people in group (no mercs) to request the instance. They don't have to be logged in or in the same zone.

For Tier 1:
    Zi Thuuli is very simple, just straight dps him a few times and he's done. A healer to cure the gargoyle illusion/DT "Spreading stone" is handy. For me, my necro just followed and Paladin soloed him and cured himself.

Redfang is also simple, straight dps. You should have no problem killing him before he depops/repops.

Hatchet is also a pain, but just because you can't speed the fight up too much. I have heard that if you have a rogue or zerker for assassinate/decap its easy, but I didn't have one available. I had to dps him 20% and then wait for the trap to spawn and him to charge and drag him 4x. Generally took me a solid 20 minutes with no mistakes. Boring as hell.

After you kill these, drop the expedition and go turn in the first 3 blockers to get rid of the snare component before you try sisters. You definitely don't want to be run speed restricted for this event. Make sure you give the right responses. Tris dropped the caster page first try for me, but I have killed her 4 more times and it hasn't dropped again. Its better to go straight for MM for the guaranteed drop and the boss "The Dark Savant" title.

Sisters is kind of a pain but not all that bad really. I used the guide in the comments of ZAM for this event. Necro hailed Brenda and Paladin hailed Christine and Althea. Paladin never tattled on Althea to Christine or vice versa. Sometimes you get unlucky and get a bunch of rounds of Christine and Althea asking about each other so you can only get a tattle for Brenda. I tried 3 boxing this with a char per sister and found the alt-tabbing unwieldy. For me, 2 boxing was a lot easier. An additional tip for this is make sure you have killed Zi Thuuli before you trigger sisters event. Its kind of a pain if you spawn him while killing adds during the sisters event.

For Tier 2:
    Devlin Rochester is straight dps. Ignore all his emotes and just burn him down. Easiest T2 fight.

Roley and Adriana are kind of annoying. I brought my bard in and cleric for this fight. Again, this is probably easier if you can decap/assassinate but I couldn't. I needed the bard for the bane weapon. I tried it with just my Paladin first but I found you get sent to the library for the melee bane weapon about 10x as often as to the lab for the Knight bane weapon. You should have at least 2 bane weapon classes there so you have a 2/3 chance of getting sent. Advanced loot made this easy. I just had my necro pet attacking Roley to keep him dpsed to whatever percent he was locked at. My bard just stood there and my paladin fought Adriana and got ported. With advanced loot, I'd just give the weapon to my bard without needing to run him anywhere.

The Performer is far easy to solo than duo. Get the hotkeys made up first and set up your chat filters for the emotes. Then just stand next to the performer and agro the mobs as they come in. Don't use auras or AEs because you can kill the Performer. Just try and agro them before the first gets to the Performer and the rest of the mobs should agro you rather than him. As emotes come in, hit your hotkeys to sing the lines. Do this for 20 minutes and you are done.

Tris is still annoying because of the charm proc in werewolf form. Seems unresistable even at 110. I had my necro, cleric, and paladin there for the fight and the first time I tried it, the event reset 3 times in a row because all of my characters were charmed. I eventually found a pretty easy way to do it. Right after triggering the event, my Paladin would dps Tris down to 0% in werewolf form. You can't kill her, so just go all in. As soon as she hit 0%, I put the necro pet on Tris with taunt on and backed the paladin off. I was never charmed by allowing the necro pet to do all the tanking. Once she emotes that she is changing forms, I backed the pet off and immediately starting healing and casting RGC with cleric and Paladin. Overhealing is a good thing here because she can be at 100% but not full health. I wasted some RGC casts because of that. I had to heal her again at 100% and RGC again before a successful cast. You need 4-5 successful casts of RGC to beat the event. And remember to face your characters away from Tris in human form.

For Tier 3:
    Mayong is a straightforward dps fight now. I hailed him and triggered the event with my necro and then just dps'ed all the adds and then MM. No one got DTed or anything like that.

Last tip, turn your music on if its not. The zone has some really nice ambient music.

All the emote information can be found here. It was a huge help to me, so thank you to the Freelance team!
    http://www.eqfreelance.net/strats/strats-dodh.html
    Dreadmore likes this.
  16. Magickon Augur

Your post was very helpful. In a bit of a situation right now. I'm 100% fully flagged for demiplane (raided here in era) have dinner invitation, have killed mayong before, have 5/5 invitation of blood etc, all of that...

But I'm in the library and the book to click to mayong is still emoting You select a random book from the shelf, but the contents are in a language that is incomprehensible.

It's so frustrating! Have killed everything, and can't get to Mayong.
  17. Magickon Augur

18. Magickon Augur

PS The strange chest (that's the bonus chest for doing the responses correctly) didn't spawn for me at first. It took a little bit. This is very stressful! If this happens to you, just wait. Don't panic. :)
  19. Rizzin Elder

Zinc allowed me to tag along on this a few times (because I screwed up the responses and Tris didn't drop the pages). Follow his instructions to a tee an all will work well.

Magickon is correct that the second/last chest takes like 1.5 to 2 minutes to spawn after killing Mayong.