An Enraged Bixie Drone

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jaylin, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Jaylin Augur

So... what is the strat on him that doesnt cause the zone to crash. Every attempt to do the Heroic Adventure with him in it, it crashes. Ive seen people say to not kill him, or to kill him at the end, but the last 3 times i did this mission. When he popped he charged my mercs, and crashed the zone thus ending the Adventure completely.
  2. Caudyr Augur

My group killed him at the end without issues. The key is to not be anywhere near him when named spawn...and to not get anywhere near him when pulling - he has a fairly small assist radius, but not sure on his agro radius...as I'm a rogue and I usually do the pulling...and he doesn't see SoS last I saw.
  3. Falos Augur

I didn't even know this named could crash zones, I wonder what causes it. Our fight against him was not a very memorable one.
  4. Caudyr Augur

Yeah it was fairly straightforward for us, as well. We did do it after completing the mission too, though. *shrugs*

It does seem to have some sort of stun or something...not sure exactly what, but it does do something.
  5. Jaylin Augur

aye not really sure. When he popped the first time we were close so he attacked. got to 88 percent and he crashed the zone. The next time, we were at the other side of the zone, and he appeared on the extended target with a merc on his target. Got to 85 and the zone crashed. The third time, we were halfway across the zone, and he had the tank on target. At about 85 again, he cast one nuke which was fine... then literally chained it, i counted about 30 spam messages in 1 second which killed the zone. He is a pushover, and not hard, but havent been able to kill him due to the zone crashing. have to relog in, and go back to home. The instance no longer exists. So it wastes the entire time in the instance if you dont have it completed first if he crashes.
  6. Mered Journeyman

The only time I ran into this mob it aggroed on a merc as I was running by to complete the mission. I got it to 50% and the zone crashed, after 5 min i had to /ex out, rolled back my adv to the first step and reset the AA's I spent/earned on 2 of my chars within like 10 min of running into it as well as the warden kill needed for partisan on 1 of the chars. I had just assumed it was a connection/server hiccup up to this point.
  7. Orbital101 Augur

Dont use any type of pets on those... worked for me as zones crashed every time i was unloading my DPS with pets included. Finally killed them when i dint use any pets... specially the bards pets
  8. Rashari Elder

I have killed this named 3 times without any problems (using regular pet and swarm pets),
    one time had a necro + pets and a chanter + charmpet with me as well.

But since a lot of you seem to have problems, it would be good having a dev look into this
    why it randomly causes crashes.

But this "don't use pets and all will be fine" standard rule number 1 is just wrong, sorry.
  9. Crokker Lorekeeper

This happened to my group also, and we engaged him before finishing the mission as well. We crashed as soon as he got to our group. No one had even a chance to engage when it all froze up.
  10. Jaylin Augur

Heh... managed to spawn him 3 more times. Made sure we engaged him after the mission was complete, or if it crashes the mission was pointless. Managed to crash the zone on all 3 lol. /sigh. Have tried pets, no pets, mercs, no mercs. used dots no dots lol. He seems to get to a point of wanting to cast his spell and goes nuts on it. I just dont seem to have luck with him, so i avoid him now.
  11. Axxius Augur

It would be strange if the status of the mission affected the crash. More likely, it's whatever spell he casts.