An Avenging Caitliff

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gragas, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Gragas Augur

What's his purpose in revamped Mistmoore? Old one was for Electrum- Bladed Wakizashi.

New one just runs away when you try to kill him, is annoying. How are you supposed to kill him when he randomly runs away for no apparent reason?
  2. Rainbowdash Augur

He drops loot and is just a regular named. He's not on the same faction as Mistmoore trash in the revamp (you'll notice he is indifferent). He won't assist, or be assisted by, zone trash. However obviously walking into the adds yourself aggros them. Thus he is very killable by people who are not KoS in Mistmoore, everyone else is basically SoL unless they have serious crowd control. Me and Vaft killed him within a couple hours of the revamps coming up on Test, neither of us were KoS in Mistmoore (Not so true anymore....lol). His dmg output is extraordinary even when slowed. Died a couple times but finally got him. Will not likely ever touch him again ;P

It's possible he was intended to only be killable by those who are not KoS... as a unique challenge i guess. I've also seen proposed that he is supposed to have a single target fear but is somehow casting it on himself instead. Either way he makes for one...interesting fight.
  3. Liliana Augur

Def casting/proccing a fear on himself. After he had killed my bard and monk 1 fight, he started beating on my shaman and took off running. I totemed then he stopped and I got a Wear off message saying your cowardly spell has worn off An Avenging Catliff.

My shaman obviously doesn't have a fear spell so I assume he somehow procs it on me which in turn feared him. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I didn't notice any unusual buffs either
  4. Ceii New Member

Clear the graveyard before you pull him and you won't get adds (I'm not actually sure even that is necessary. If he's on a different faction, maybe it doesn't matter and you won't get adds if you just don't chase him). Also, have your tank use an attraction ability like Divine Call on him when he tries to run, and he'll be unable to go anywhere. He's not that hard.
  5. Mykaylla Augur

The cowardly spell is for trying to avoid the aggro- it's meant to train you with mobs. That's what Mistmoore's all about, wandering mobs, high density, train to zone, funky old school pathing!
    You can use abilities like divine call and warlord's grasp when the Caitiff tries to go on one of their "scenic jaunts" and watch it running on the spot, desperately trying to bring friends back to introduce to you.
  6. Edrick Augur

A mob that tries to train you when you try to kill it? That has got to be the best monster AI in game to date!
  7. Nightops Augur

I tried this named on sunday before I knew the mechanics with a pal/bard combo and rog/clr merc set up. I failed round 80%.

Second try, my bard/clr were killed when I tried to chase, but he summoned the paladin away and I learned a key to beat him. I ended up taking him to 15% before I died after a long fight.

My tactic as a paladin was to use our debuff mark spell on him to stop his retribution. Secondly, when he runs, let him run. Use this time to heal to 100% or let spells refresh. He will summon the MT only. Somehow part of the mechanics of the fight will cause the MT to become indifferent to mobs even when fighting him. I Healed/tanked him while my merc rogue put the dps on him. Because mercs are coded not to have agro while moving or fighting, the rog merc was able to chase and dps the named. Rince, repeat, and if your lucky you will kill him.

If your can try with a 2nd merc (with its owner tagged as puller), hope and pray the merc doesnt freeze up and not go with the MT (if its a caster merc). If the named moves to far before the summon, a clr merc is likely to just sit in his current spot out of range for heals.
  8. Liliana Augur

He owns my merc tank pretty bad, I did get him to 20% by putting tank on passive as soon as he feared himself. But he killed him on one of the summons before he ran/warped back. I am totally going to get him before this is over
  9. Rainbowdash Augur

Doesn't necessarily always work. We've had him run throughout the entire castle proper before haha.

He DOES seem to prefer the graveyard though.
  10. Koneko Augur

isn't shadow step a fun spell
  11. Uxtalzon Augur

An Avenging Caitiff strategy:

Best to have someone non-KOS, but it can work either way. Group sets up inside the crypt fall-through room (the ramps lead to Caitiff jail). Pull Caitiff down into the crypt, and hold off any DPS and just hold aggro. He casts some sort of mega-DS on himself that lasts a few ticks that does 7500 to melee and 15000 to magic spells. He only seems to cast it once.

He also casts Cowardice on himself, where he begins to run. Being in the crypt, he will run up the ramp, into the Caitiff jail area, and run through the secret tunnels up the stairs until it wears off. He'll summon the tank, tank drags him back down into crypt. Beat on him until he casts Cowardice again, rinse and repeat until dead. It really helps if there are players that can yank him and stuff when he tries to run, that's one less run back to the group.

As for Lasna Cheroon, that named is just bullcrap. She casts Kiss of Death that kills if your health is over 50%.
  12. Rainbowdash Augur

Where he runs is random, when me and Vaft did it he ran at least 7 different directions :p. But the pull back strategy is a good one!. It's much much easier just to be non-KoS. Spawn him.....then go farm Ring of scale mobs for awhile and come back! ;P
  13. Edrick Augur

Even on the tank?

That's obscene.
    Axxius likes this.
  14. Uxtalzon Augur

Yeah, I was pulling her from her low-poly jacuzzi to the torture rack room in the secret tunnels, and I didn't even make it halfway when her Kiss of Death nailed me for 67472575 damage or something ridiculous. And that's just ONE of her abilities... never survived to see the second one, if any.

and FYI to all those explorers of shinies - she's the *only* flagged undead being in zone. Undead by nature see invis. :) If any group on Povar attempts her (she's been up for days now), I'll gladly pull/engage her first and eat a death just to see her die and see what she drops. I've got a crank theory that there's a knight weapon somewhere in MM!
  15. Filatal Augur

Drops the same ring/earring that the normal Lasna drops. She's nearly impossible to kill with merc healers as they don't know how to let you stay at less than 50% health. Pretty difficult with real healers.
  16. Xikteny Augur

We killed Lasna last night, a little while after you ran by, Uxt. Merc tank (died almost instantly; GOGO MONK TANK), merc healer.

Kiss of Death is a rather annoying mechanic to be sure.
  17. Xikteny Augur

Ad yeah, all she dropped was an ear, nothing very interesting.
  18. Gragas Augur

Knight weapon is on Xicotl (not sure if I spelled that correctly but is same dude used in pally epic), the phers are the 2 guards on the bridge going into the castle.
  19. Edrick Augur

I only see him dropping a Wretched Blade as a weapon, which is war rng brd rog. His other drop is a belt. Does he have a third drop?
  20. Gragas Augur

No sure some sk looted it so thought it was knight weapon, did not honestly look at it cause well junk to me.