An Angry Goblin - Agnarr

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Azurefrost, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Ifrit New Member

bump...I've been out clicked twice now after sitting my character at the spawn point for 3 days, likely from third party click software...this has to be fixed.
  2. RandomStrategy Augur

Who still does this quest?
  3. Aziuno Augur

Apparently people who don't have guilds, otherwise he would have just popped a pick and been done with it.
  4. Ifrit New Member

5. Aziuno Augur

6. HoodenShuklak Augur

Well, looks like he just did!
  7. Krezzy Augur

I'm still hoping to get it done. Last time I popped in to check, there were ten other people in the room in FM waiting for it.

... all of whom were guilded.

Frontier Mountains is pretty remote from existing raid content such as Temple of Veeshan (or Temple of Ssraezshra, starting tomorrow). It takes 50 zone population to pop a pick. This trick only alleviates the issue for a fraction of the players working on the quest.

But to heck with everyone else, you got yours, right?
  8. Xeris Augur

Lol. Womp womp. If you put in the effort you woulda had it by now :p
  9. Repo New Member

10. Accipiter Old Timer

11. Krezzy Augur

You're contradicting yourself from past posts. By earlier admission, you got Shady due in part to effort I made, and (mostly) due to your willingness to screw over another player who had mobilized his guild.

These posts are a continued effort on my part, and on the part of others with a similar mindset.

Effort should not mean being a member in a zerg guild that can mobilize 50 players to spawn a pick in a remote zone. That's clearly not at all the original intent behind this quest, which otherwise can easily be completed by one or two toons. (In fact, Undead Dragon Sinew was added to Juggernaut drops so that killing Trakanon would not be a quest requirement.)

Effort should not be DPS-racing another person; this is completely at odds with the original PNP in place when this quest was live. Most of the community on Agnarr and other TLP servers came for the nostalgia. Getting KSed (or KSing others) is not part of that nostalgia.

TLP servers are designed to accommodate many times more high-end players than EQ originally had. A consequence of this is far more competition than the game ever had for long spawns. To accommodate the far larger population of end game players, reducing long spawn timers to a small handful of hours, or changing the mob spawning mechanic, is very reasonable.
  12. RandomStrategy Augur

Truth be told, I didn't even bother with it.
  13. Krezzy Augur

Thanks for the context. Many other players are still pursuing this quest.

The Spiritwracked Cords are still a hot item for many PCs. I know a few players who have the faction, urn, and sinew to get this. When this content was originally released, it took a couple weeks of periodically checking to get it, and DMs enforced PNP. The experience is unfortunately drastically different on Agnarr, a "nostalgia" server, where the crowds are far larger than they originally were, and where a hamfisted sort of PvP has sprung up around this and other long spawns.
  14. RandomStrategy Augur

Oh, I know, I helped spawn many a pickzone to get other my guildies one. I just...ah...am part of a raiding guild that does enough I got pretty much BiS for all my gear in Velious. Those first three days of Velious nearly killed me.