An Angry Goblin - Agnarr

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Azurefrost, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Astley Augur

Eight different guilds?

Man you'd think that between all these different smaller guilds, they'd be able to bring in their tiny groups to actually get more picks spawned. Probably work something out between them friendly like you claim people used to do, set up a date, bring their guilds in, and pop some picks over and over for their various members.
  2. Hels New Member

I agree with this 100%. I hadn't played in ~12 years and thought Agnarr looked fun and nostalgic, hoped to meet some new folks and do things I never experienced in era. The VP key was zero fun, I just finished that tonight. A buddy had always talked about the Spirit Wracked Cord quest, figured I'd try that. It's about driven me to quit again with how asinine these spawns are. There's no reason 'a shady goblin' or 'angry goblin' could either:
    1) Not despawn on turnin
    2) Be similiar to Giz X'Tin (ranger/druid epic turn-in mob in Kithicor) and stay up for 1 minute after first turnin, allowing players to cooperate and coordinate multiple turnins
    3) Have a 6 minute respawn.

If instances didn't exist and there was still competition, I could understand the bottlenecks, but that's no longer the case. Every guild gets an instance and it wouldn't matter if the entire server had SWC's. The fact TLP content is accelerated by ~75% means these key spawns and quest turnin mobs should be accelerated by 75%. Most people I've met just want to experience the content, not compete to be #1.

Watching these spawns is downright absurd. Players don't even talk to others while watching these spawns because if concentration breaks for even a second, they could miss their chance to turnin the quest with the other 10-15 people piled up there.
  3. Opimo Journeyman

The reality is that those types of Guild Alliances rarely work out in the long run. Tribal mentality sets in and it's difficult to be cohesive when people naturally have an in-group preference that makes them bias towards anyone outside of that group.

The smaller guilds on the server should really fold into the more stable raiding guilds on the server if they want to be successful clearing raid content.
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

Hey I only have a couple hours to play, what do you wanna do?

That's cool, want to go ask our guild and our allies to pop a pick for us?

Definitely man! Let's find some porters!
  5. Xeris Augur

Then don't do this quest and do something else...
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

That's not very American of you to say.
  7. Samueru Journeyman

We were able to get DBG to change the spawn on Chancellor in LOIO by opening support tickets and posting things like this under the support forum. DBG rep even replied to me saying to post in support forum because the devs do read those.

I thought I was missing out on Kunark because of work this Fall. Guess not though. Good luck on getting this changed.
  8. Krezzy Augur

I appreciate out-of-the-box thinking on game issues such as yours. I don't want to say it won't work, but I can see a couple of big challenges to this.
    1) A guild in the rotation all now has the ring for all who want it. How do you motivate them to continue the rotation with others?
    2) From a timing perspective, this works best as a book-end to raiding nights - all participants will be mobile (not XPing or otherwise busy). How can smaller guilds who raid at different times do this?
  9. Simollardes New Member

Used to be 3 days +/- 10% , so 72 hrs +/- 7hr 12 mins

now is 75% of that so 54 hrs +/- 5hr 24 mins
  10. Astley Augur

1) - They all got it? Great, less people waiting at the spawn point. Just be smart and have the people from each guild in rotation spread out. Don't put them all in a row. If you're saying Guild A dropped out after getting what... 5? members their rings... then the 7 other guilds each got 5 members their rings. That's 8 guilds working together to get 40 people the rings. Pretty successful at that point. If no one in Guild A wants it at this point, the remaining guilds have less competition.
    2) - They don't have enough people online during a non-raid time? Or can't schedule non-raid time events? Why are they a guild again? Just to raid? In which case, how many of them REALLY need the item anyway?
  11. xxar Augur

You are also not taking into consideration casual players that are trying to accomplish this task. If I see it up , its being accomplished one way or another. The respawn rate , turn in issues for this quest are at best. There is nothing challenging with a time sink or cut throat mechanics that are designed to screw the next person in line.
  12. Krezzy Augur

1) Okay, let's examine your solution. With eight guilds, each guild brings about one group of people. Any guild with one member seeking the ring will get their pick at the latest eight spots into the rotation. Someone is going to occupy that eighth position. How do you propose they trust the other seven guilds to stay at it that long? Once the eighth spot comes up, how do you propose you get the guild to stay?
    2) Non-raid times have people online who are adventuring, farming for crafting, or even being offline, as frequently happens in casual guilds in between raids.

Your last comment, "... how many of them REALLY need the item anyway?" is difficult to pin down. Are you saying only raiding players really need this item?
  13. Krezzy Augur

Agreed. The attitude shown by DBG here is similar in attitude to DPS race over classic's PNP. It really dilutes the nostalgia.
  14. Machentoo Augur

You really don't even have a basic understanding of the solution to which you are responding, do you?

There is no trust involved.
  15. Astley Augur

1) If all these guilds can only bring 1 group of people... are they really guilds? They're barely individual groups. The whole point of popping picks is to have them all bring enough people to help. You organize it ahead of time... get a commitment from the guilds on how many they can bring at one time, and clear out as many as you can. If you can't trust them to help you out for a few minutes, then why invite them along to the event?

2) No. I was saying whatever small group that couldn't muster people to help them out outside of raid times for something like this, they don't meet the social benefits of helping each other out, why are they even together? If they're all really just minding their own business during non-raid times, and can't be bothered to help a guild mate, then why are they a guild? They're just a bunch of individuals who are in it for themselves, and go ahead and ignore them. If they're only together to raid for gear, and won't help each other, why do any of them need the item? It's not that big of an item for people who aren't doing anything but looking out for themselves.
  16. Krezzy Augur

Your reply makes me think you're taking my quote out of context. If you're confident you aren't, could you clarify what this solution is and why it doesn't involve trust?

It's pretty clear that any plan to gather with several other people involves at least trusting them to show up.
  17. Krezzy Augur

1) I was looking at this from the perspective of spawning a single pick on different occasions with players from 8 guilds. Why don't you describe in better detail how many picks are being spawned, and how many players each guild will need to commit?
    2) This doesn't seem to be a productive item for discussion so much as a rant about casual guilds.
  18. Darchias Augur

Everquest has always been harsh to more casual players. Having intense competition over rare spawns, or ones with long respawn timers, is just the mechanic working as intended.
  19. Jaxarale01 Augur

True... except this specific server was targeted, represented as and advertised to the casual player and everything else about it screams casual playground... which is where the problem lies and how we have just come full circle back to the point of the OP after 2 pages of blah blah...
  20. Machentoo Augur

Source?