An Alternative to Mass Summoning Mobs

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Sonavaa_Bertox, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Sonavaa_Bertox Elder

Test updates indicate that SoE will soon land a killing blow to most long-range killing in order to defunct the beam-kiting in most of the high level zones. For those of us who rely on soloing and the ability to take on a mob without face-to-face damage, this solution that they have chosen could spell not only the end of beam-kiting, but the practical end of most soloing options for casual players.

A better beam killing strategy would have been to simply make these mobs unaffected by snare and root abilities (Yes, I am and always will be a wizard). Instead, those of us who used to snare and root while soloing or full speed kiting will be devastated by something tried and true instead of proving to be innovative.

An alternate method of resolving these issues could include Permanent (Self-Only) Auras for hostile mobs where the Aura can be debuffed for 30 seconds using the dispel magic lines. Some mobs may have up to 3 auras that could all be debuffed at once using the latest Debuff AA or the highest level dispel lines. BASH should be adjusted to also have a percentage chance to temporarily remove these aura effects.

Type 1: Immune to Plant Based Snares/Roots
    Type 2: Immune to Ice Based Snares/Roots
    Type 3: Summoning Ability
    Type 4: Immune to Stun
    Type 5: Immune to AOE spell lines.

Change Leadership AA's to be in effect even when not grouped so people who have invested in these skills can inspect the buffs and determine the method of attack and debuff.

Debuffing a mob with any of these auras should disable the aura for a max of 30 seconds and then the aura is once again active.

New 90th Level AA - Refresh 1 hours with additional Hastens - Suppress Aura - Single Target Debuff that wipes the mob's Permanent Auras and suppresses the automatic recast for 2 minutes.

New 100th Level AA - Summon Immunity - Refresh 15 minutes - Prevents summoning for 3 minutes.
    Hastens reduce re-use time by 10 seconds to minimum of 13 minutes.
    Advanced Summon Immunity - Increases Immunity by 5 seconds per rank to max of 3.5 mins.
  2. Wayylon Augur

It's fairly obvious to me they are doing this to hinder all forms of power leveling and rapid AA gain as it affects so many classes. I believe their aim is to sell heroic characters, I hope it fails miserably.
    silku likes this.
  3. fransisco Augur

You don't need root or snare to beam. It works because you gather such a massive amount of mobs together, lag slows them down as if snared.
  4. Dandin Augur

This idea isn't feasible. Just saying it's not possible to code in.

It's been stated multiple times by the developers that kiting and such things like that will still be feasible. (There are many mob types that will still not summon).

This topic has been beaten to a bloody massive pulp. And honestly. It's the only solution to fix the mass killing issues.. (Plural) with many different classes (also plural)

This doesn't just effect mages and wizards. Every one will need to be more careful now.

And guess what. That's okay.
  5. Reviled Elder

Piestro has already stated that the amount of AA gained using swarm/beam methods is not the issue. Sounds like they are trying to address the zone disruption. If thats the case, make the changes to the open zones, but leave the instanced zones ALONE. That way, mages can still beam, kiters can still kite, but open zones where other people are do not get disrupted. I've been through the various threads on the topic and I'm surprised this isn't suggested more often.
    Wayylon likes this.