Amount of people needed for a new zone pick?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cstoner187, May 14, 2017.

1. Cstoner187 Elder

Is there a post on the amount of people needed for a new zone pick on LIVE servers only?
    Would be nice to know what kind of numbers are needed for EOK zones. Thanks in advance
  2. lancelove Augur

3. AnzoRagespirit Augur

Honestly they implemented this in a weird way...I understand zone congestion to open a /pick the only issue is now that EoK has been out a while and it's not AS populated. So for instance say your after The Bridge Keepers Memory ( knight shield ) and the camps taken and there's only 6 people in the zone and that's what theyre camping...it could be hours before it opens up, or just a few mins. What I'm saying is why not if you have a group of actually players, not counting mercs, why can't you form your own dynamic zone?

The only downfall to having everyone having their own zone is the influx of items that could potentially flood the market, it also makes what's supposed to be a social game even more anti social than it already is.

My own personal opinion of the pick zone especially for newer content needs lower requirements, I understand for TLP they need larger numbers because people are just weird like that and like TLP for some reason.

In short, /pick needs to have lower requirements.
  4. Cstoner187 Elder

It's not 60. Maybe in FM only. I know droga is 35. Not that important, just nice to have a list for when some zones are nearing a new zonepick.
  5. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

It's variable by zone. They don't release the numbers for each zone. However in most cases it was around 45 players for non open world raid zones and 60 for open world raid zones. However they have adjusted that down a little bit looking at the last patch to change the pick zones so I'm not sure what that number is now.
    Delphwind likes this.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

This post was for the TLP forum but the reason as to why they don't allow everyone to have a pickzone is here. Basically they say it takes up a lot of system resources (and on live servers botters love them, if you google Everquest pick zones you will see forum posts for software that cannot be named discussing them for the purposes of hiding illegal botting activities.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-to-load-balancing-zones-aka-pickzone.238876/
  7. California New Member

Why do you take a boat thats driving nice and straight and turn it sharp right into the jetty? OP was asking about the number it takes for a pick to open up Corwhine, not about illegal botting activies lol.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Read the post I responded to Troll Boy. He asked why they dont allow everyone to open up instances. I explained why and linked a post with Daybreaks explanation.

Don't be so sensitive about your botting activties. :) BTW nice how you make a new account for your trolling :)
  9. Delphwind Augur

I've been in a couple guilds on the TLPs that skip raid nights and take everyone into a level cap group zone to force a new pick open. We then all move into the new pick, break up into groups and take all the named spawns.

Each zone does indeed have a different threshold before a new /pick is spawned and sometimes it's tricky to get it to pop. I remember we were trying to do it in Unrest when Phinigel first opened, we all zoned in at the same time and no pick spawned, even though the zone was WAY over cap ... we had one group zone in and out a couple times then the new pick spawned, took about 10 minutes.
  10. California New Member

Huh? Who is troll boy? The OP asked about zone pick numbers and you are turning it into something about botting. As for this
    that's nonsense. I really dont want to help you derail someone's post but you are kind of attacking me, and after your response here I looked back at alot of your posts and almost half are about botting...why is that?
    DamnataAnimus likes this.
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

LOL you attacked me silly. I was politely responding to someone elses post which you keep ignoring. You aren't the postahpo :)

And it was nice how you made the account just to respond to me I feel special :)
  12. AlmarsGuides Augur

https://www.google.com/search?q=Everquest pick zones&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS712US712&oq=Everquest pick zones&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i64.415j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

One post on the bottom of the first page of google about it.

Edit: Since you may just take this as confirming your bias... I am pointing out that it isn't as big of an issue as you make it seem to be in your original claim.

To answer the OP - each zone has a different threshold and they determine it mostly by Indoor or Outdoor. Outdoor zones have a higher threshold to pop another pick than indoor zones. Some zones though, like Old Seb, are marked as an "outdoor" zone because previously it had too low of a pickzone threshold and people abused it at the start of the TLPs with 10 + old sebs open at once.

If you wanna know the threshold exactly your only choice is to guess. But, you can make a fairly accurate guess based on the evidence of all the other pickzones out there and based on what type of zone you're in.
  13. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Not sure I made it a big deal thought I just noted it. People on those forums seem very concerned about it.. playing with pickzone timers on tlp servers. No big deal to me I don't play on TLP.

"if you google Everquest pick zones you will see forum posts for software that cannot be named discussing them for the purposes of hiding illegal botting activities."

Please feel free to quote me and point out where I made this a big deal or indicated any bias. I simply noted when I did a google search on pickzone timers I found certain forums discussing them and preferring them for hiding botting. I don't recall saying I saw hundreds of posts or dozens of posts I said I saw some posts about botters discussing pick zone changes and how it would affect them.

I did not say this was a rampant problem. I did not complain about it. So what are you talking about?

AND I think it is germane to how Daybreak deals with pickzones that they may be considering how they get used for botting. *shrugs* then again maybe not I don't know what Daybreak is thinking other then for the new server they have said you are not allowed to attempt to play around with pick zone timers.