Alternative to Raid Xp Nerf

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Baulkin, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Baulkin Augur

Why not simply make the requirement to spawn a dz 18 people? Even the smallest raid guild fields that. No one is going into a dz with a 6 day lockout with 18 people looking for xp. If someone does somehow True Box 18 people and wants a 6 day lockout for a single clear of a zone. More power to them.
  2. GeauxTigers Elder

Also whats the point of any trash spawning? If the idea is for a guild that doesn't poop sock to still have access to content there shouldn't even be exp mobs in the instance. It should be the raid mobs or raid related spawns only.
    Adrienna and discordkitty like this.
  3. Febb Augur

They actually have been removing trash and other named from AoC instances for this very reason. They probably haven't gone through all the instances yet.
  4. GeauxTigers Elder

It would be a great change, even if they can only revamp 1-2 DZ's a month. They don't need non-raid related trash. The DZ's are intended to allow people to see content they don't want to poop sock (in raid terms, not group terms) just allow the raid mobs to spawn and remove everything not raid related.

If you wanna go further, make the loot no drop as well. If you don't want people using instances as there personal farming zone, make it locked to the people inside the instance, and make it all no drop.
    HappyPanda likes this.
  5. Hinastorm86 Augur

I assume you mean zones like solb, where most of the trash is pointless? Removing trash in hate/fear/growth, for an example, seems silly for a few reasons.
  6. Karmainaction New Member

Pretty sure they haven't nerfed Coirnav enough to kill the server yet. Keep trying though, you can do it !
  7. MBear Augur

Raid only zones probably keep the trash, such as planes.
    It makes sense to remove the trash from the XP type zones that happen to have an AoC for a raid mob.
  8. Ryder Lorekeeper

Challenge Accepted.
  9. Enchanting_Chanter Journeyman

Why does it even matter? If the 1 or 2% xp you get on a raid night matters that much to you, you and your guild is probably doing something wrong.
  10. MBear Augur

Pretty sure that was his point.
    He appears to be saying that the XP is irrelevant, if they want to stop groups from using instances as a personal zone, rather than a raid event, maybe they should just stop tweaking the other stuff and up the number required for request the private instance.
    That is an easy change and probably breaks fewer things.
  11. GeauxTigers Elder

Growth, Fear, Hate trash is raid related. Tunare calls the mobs in zone to her. CT does as well. Hate trash has 'raid gear' technically, even things like TOV trash should be included. I'm talking about for example in luclins. Places like deep, ssra, AR, AC, VT. There are hundreds of trash mobs to kill per night that are not related to the final boss, do not drop 'raid gear' (these are not raid planes) etc.

For example look at the Seru raid. Only mobs that are related to the raids are up. There are 3-4 trash mobs in seru's 'temple' but i'd argue it's for his personal defense, and not experience. It's the type of thing that should be done for all of them.
  12. GeauxTigers Elder

Correct, they are going out of there way to keep 'groups from having personal zones' when the fix is simply don't let groups have the zones.

The devils advocate of this is 6 people to trigger a DZ might be nice for live (or even Agnarr, Coirnav and other TLP's) to go 'back in time' and one group raid content, but they are raids. They have already taken the stance this isn't a groups 'personal' zone. You should require a raid to trigger it.
  13. Enchanting_Chanter Journeyman

That would be a silly change to make, just nerfing the XP makes plenty sense, if they could do it right. But let's be fair, TBG will make numerous changes each patch and at least one thing in each patch will take 2+ patches to get right. We're already in patch 2, arguably patch 3 to remove idols.

Why does it make sense? Because, why shouldn't small groups of players in later expansions be able to go back and open an instance of a trivial boss with the single group it'll take to kill it. IE: When phinny hit luclin, my group of friends would go back and one group naggy. This change would prevent similar situations for no reason.
  14. GeauxTigers Elder

Which is why, in my opinion, just removing any mob not raid related is the answer. They are already taking steps like removing Efreeti, Warlord, Magus from SOLB raid etc. Do this for every raid. If the DZ is intended for you to zone in and kill the raid mob, that's exactly what it should do. It should not provide you with 400 trash mobs to clear. Removing the XP just makes it unnecessarily tedious and frankly, silly.
  15. Enchanting_Chanter Journeyman

I'm not against that change either TBH. I am against the `just increase the minimum amount of players required` change. That change is silly.
  16. GeauxTigers Elder

The devils advocate argument was the side I am with, if you change it to 18-24 or whatever it locks out people from going back and doing older content with smaller numbers, which is fine imo. It's a classic part of everquest to return to older content when you're much stronger and do it with much smaller numbers, hell it defines a part of the cornerstone of the game.