Alternate Adavancement window missing 2 tabs

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Zamien, Sep 11, 2021.

1. Zamien New Member

i just came back to the game a week or so ago and when i went to play my old mage character his alternate advancement window is missing 2 tabs and does not look like my new characters aa window. I think there is something buggy going on . also my mages aa auto grant is not granting aa's on level up. I am all access member.

here is the new character i made aa window
    image hosted on free site
    https://ibb.co/jvFZhxM

the image of my mages AA window with missing tabs
    https://ibb.co/SRLZ6MJ

I don't know how to fix my old mages aa window is there a setting someplace that changes the layout so that i can see the focus and merc tabs
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Unclick the can purchase at the bottom of the page on the 2nd pic. You see is is highlighted yellow on that one and not on the other.

Have fun. :)
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes, I can see those two tabs missing. But what is really odd is that you have spent 1 merc AA so at some point that tab was there.

So first off on the Auto Grant:
    If Mage is on TLP server that could affect Auto Grant since if I understand correctly Auto Grant runs behind what expansion the TLP is on (https://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:Progression_Servers#What_expansion_do_we_get_this?)

If not then I would adjust the little slider to say 10% going into AA and see if that bumps it into starting correctly.

For the missing tabs:

Can rule out window re sizeing since that window does not re size. No lines to pull to make it bigger in other words.
    We can also rule out All Access, Silver or F2P having an impact since the AA screen should be the same across all 3.

Are you logging in thru the patcher? Or are you by passing it?
    Playing thru steam?
    Using a custom UI?
    Was the mage's UI copied over from another character?
    What level is the Mage?

I would run a file verification. Bring up the patcher. Enter the mages name and pw but stop on the next screen with the big green play button. In the lower left you will see "advanced tools" which is a little cog looking thing. Click that and then select "validate game assets" After that is done continue log in and see if its there. If not log totally out to desk top and then back in to see if a re start helped.

You could also copy the Mage's UI files and save to another location then delete them and allow them to rebuild and see if that helps. (https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/e...e-and-regenerate-general-files-for-EverQuest-

Lets us know on the questions above to help troubleshoot this. You may have to just file a petition but the first thing they are going to tell you to do is file verification and the link I posted about deleting files
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Also I can see you have gotten some AA auto granted since auto-grant will raise your assigned number, without raising your spent.

Spent means you earned and selected AA abilities.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Did you not notice that the can purchase button is turned on????
    Duder likes this.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes I did, and after trying out different on/off on numerous accounts I could not see that the purchase button does anything but change the available AA for purchase in the main window

It did not change the Focus and Merc tabs showing up

And it did not change my auto grant ability.

But so long as the OP finds a solution then I am happy. Be it yours or mine.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

He has no merc points so the merc tab wont show up, the other one that is missing is the focus tab and I'm not sure of his server and level as to when they are available.

My rogue is max on AAs other than the specials with some to spend and that is the only tab that shows on her with can purchase checked.

Was my first thought when I read the issue of tabs missing :)
    Duder likes this.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

If all of the aa for a particular AA tab are already purchased or you lack enough AA to purchase any of them then that sections tab will not appear as selectable when the can purchase button is depressed, at least that's how it works for me with the default UI at max level.
    Duder and Yinla like this.
  9. Zamien New Member

thanks for all the reply's I feel like such a noob not noticing the can purchase button lol
    its been a few years.. also I noticed the error message that auto granting wont happen if i have more the 190 aa unspent. I spent some and the next time i logged in a flood of auto grants came in :)
    Duder, Skuz, CatsPaws and 1 other person like this.
  10. Gialana Augur

EDIT: I didn't see your post where you figured out what happened before I posted the below. I'm going to leave it in case it helps someone else

Your mage is not getting AA auto-granted because he/she has too many unspent AA (253 according to the image). When you have more than 2 times your level rounded up to the nearest 5, auto-grant doesn't work. For instance, if your character is between level 101 and 105, you can not use auto grant if you have more than 210 unspent AA.

When you have more than 3 times your level range, you can't camp without losing the unspent AAs above this limit. Using the same level range of 101 to 105, you can't camp with more than 315 unspent AA.

Having too many unspent AA points is also probably the reason the "Can Purchase" button is selected on your mage, since that is auto selected in this situation.

To get auto-grant to work again, you need to spend some of your mage's AA points. If you don't want to spend any of them on things that will be auto-granted, you can look for the AAs in the tradeskill category. You could also look for AA from the Ring of Scale or newer expansions, but there may not be any available at your level.
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

For future reference, you can add those images directly to the post. Use the Insert/edit image button. Right click on the image in imgbb or whatever hosting you are using, and select "copy image address". Then paste that into the edit box for Insert Image.

[IMG]
    Duder and Rondor like this.