Allow transfers off Agnarr to Mangler on PoP launch...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vessen, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Vessen Lorekeeper

This would be really cool for the people who played on Agnarr and would want to continue their characters' existence to the future expansions.

Only allow the characters to take what gear they are wearing to prevent any inflation of platinum/twink gear.

I do not think it would imbalance the server?

It would help centralize people, cause there is not much going on, on Agnarr.

I would pay for a transfer.
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  2. Thewiz Augur

3. Zansobar Augur

Why not just re-roll if you think you're stuck on a dead-end server? It won't take long to get back up to end game.
  4. Ayoheee Augur

Toons on Agnarr have had ages to lvl up, farm PoP aa, farm PoP gear, farm LDoN augs, etc. Sticking maxed toons into content the rest of the server hasn't had the opportunity to farm definitely results in a worse game.

If they ever allow Agnarr->Mangler transfers, minimum XPAC should be PoR when groupers have had the opportunity to farm potime lvl gear and LDoN quality augs from tasks.
    Brunlin likes this.
  5. yerm Augur

allow agnar to phinny. Allow any subsequent tlp (barring selo naturally) > phinny. Let phinny soak people who want to move on.

Moving to a LESS progressed tlp will always be an awful policy.
    Risiko, PCSS, Kaenneth and 1 other person like this.
  6. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

How about we just delete Agnarr. It's obviously a dead server no one wants to be on anymore.
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  7. Machen New Member

You really don't think it would imbalance the server to have toons with best in slot everything from ldon era show up the moment pop launches, before ldon is even available on the server? Really? Who do you think would win the race to kill Quarm, a guild with zero quarm gear or a guild with full quarm gear already?
  8. curious2 Lorekeeper

i would be ok with them transferring at GoD launch
    Yinla, Tymeless, Skuz and 1 other person like this.
  9. Tweakfour17 Augur

/agree that it should not be at PoP/LDoN but PoR is far away, Time/LDoN is 1 groupable on Coirnav in DoN. OoW would probably be a fair point to allow merges imo
  10. Angered Augur

You can only transfer if you have BIS LDON gear. IM talking the best possible gear you can gear from LDON! Science needs this! LDON GEAR ONLY!
    Gafgarion likes this.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Allowing xfers from Agnarr to Mangler once Mangler unlocks Gates of Discord maybe, but certainly not when PoP unlocks.
  12. Murdukethegreat New Member

Just make it f2p and require membership for AA. Remove truebox and motm and the server would get a much needed lift and make it more true to the era.
  13. feigntrain Elder

waaaaaaaaah! people have spent more time on their characters than me in this PVE game! waaaaah!
  14. Hdizzle Augur

Its actually a pretty good idea. It will give Mangler a shot in the arm when truebox tlp's normally lose players (end of PoP/new TLP roll up). The missing detail is the merge should occur two weeks give or take from GoD release.

No we should not flood a server with toons who have been farming time on 4th alts for 2 years but I understand how those dudes would vomit at the thought of doing classic-pop.. again. Merge right before GoD opens on Mangler so they can hop right in to the new content. Give em a week to let those cold accounts reactivate and get the urge and boom they can join GoD.

It could be a thing. Everytime a TLP is about to enter GoD, Agnarr lets people move to that server. Agnarr can remain as is and be the ultimate slow paced TLP server. The ony thing that's wack about it is truebox lol
    Tymeless likes this.
  15. That0neguy Augur

Will i get to keep my stacks of 50127123 blue diamonds to trash the economy on the new server?
    Hdizzle likes this.
  16. Hdizzle Augur

17. Chopsuey Augur

Agnarr characters should never be allowed to transfer off of that server. I mean. PoP is the best expansion, right? It's surely a thriving community. No reason to leave.
    Nolrog and Ayoheee like this.
  18. That0neguy Augur

You also don't let felons out of jail, which are what players on Agnarr are.
  19. Fraggly Augur

Also, how would potential name conflicts be resolved? Does the older Agnarr character get to keep their name or the home server character? I'm sure no one wants to lose their name at this point in a server, suddenly being slapped with "NameX" would be quite unsatisfying.

I came back when Agnarr launched so i tried it out as a TLP test run, then promptly left once i found myself enjoying it and had a couple Krono to make the transfer smooth. Sounds like OP should have done the same. Enjoy Agnarr, for the rest of your life.
  20. Silver-Crow Augur

Isn't Agnarr the pvp tlp in waiting?
    They just need to start there, go red and bingo, once enough people do that you have your pvp tlp...

It just needs someone who actually wants to pvp i guess.