Alliance spells

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by smash, Jan 7, 2017.

1. IblisTheMage Augur

OK, I just realized that I do not understand how Alliance work :D :

Does it have to be another mage that "consumes" the counters, or can the Alliance-casting mage consume them as well?
  2. Sancus Augur

The Mage that cast the alliance cannot use the counters.

For the Mage alliance specifically, it's worth noting that Line of Sight nukes (Spear, Storm, Bolt) also currently cannot use counters.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  3. IblisTheMage Augur

Thank you very much, Sancus.

So absolute minimum number of mages is 3. Good info.
  4. smash Augur

Problem with 2 beats is that, each beast need to have 4 dots + alliance spells in their memorirized,

Both need to have alliance memories, if they wanna be able to, and then 4 dots, because 2 dots are not enough, its not fast enough to cast them, also if you fire off the same dots Again, you just wasting mana. So if you recast 2 dots, then you throw out around 16k mana.
    Still all the cost of 4 dots = around 27-32k mana. Top beast on magelo got around 156k mana, thats 1/5 of the mana

Also there is a recast delay of 3 sec, so 4 dots are close to 12 sec to cas for 1 beastt. Which is 12 sec, you cannot assist your Group by example casting Dict Fury and other stuff. Pretty sure, your Group can make up the 2 mil damage, by your assistance from your buffs,

So to use the alliance + dots on second beast is too expensive
  5. Cicelee Augur

Which means that the magician alliance is broken and useless at this time, considering 3/4 of your raid DD spells are storm and spears...
  6. segap Augur

You could have yours be based on a random proc that sometimes doesn't proc for over 30 minutes. Thanks fickle RNG.
  7. Duhbeast Augur

You don't need to load 3 dots, you just need to recast one of your dots once. If you load the 96 dots for group it can work, just not really worth it.
  8. Gilth New Member

False. Each dot 'tick' counts as a counter. So you need 1 other beast to cast two dots for fulminations. It's ridiculously easy.
  9. smash Augur

Wished it was so, tested and failed.

When you have casted got 4:

Then it should come with :

Cast on you: The venomous alliance is fulfilled!
    Cast on other: Soandso 's venomous alliance is fulfilled!

Did not get any, when having friend cast VA on mob, and I then have dots running, nor casting

Tested on combat dummy, and it should trigger there too, as far i know ?
  10. Duhbeast Augur

It is true that you only need 2 dots from the other beastlord, but it gets fairly close to fading before it triggers.
  11. smash Augur

What Gilth says: ticks Counts as counters, and that I dont see they do.
  12. Brohg Augur

Can't be fired during burns, but as long as ITC isn't running, then two magicians with Chaotic Fire at the top of their orders, and using Firebound Orb on cooldown, will fulminate a third magician's Alliance.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  13. Zigie Journeyman

Scroll: Venomous Alliance
    Magic, No Trade
    Race: ALL
    Rec Level: 101

Level Needed: BST(101)
    Spell Effect: Forms a venomous alliance over your target, adding 32671 damage to other Beastlord Damage over Time spells (between levels 96 and 110, with a minimum damage dealt of 3000) that land on that target for up to 18s. If %L spells land in that time, it will trigger a fulmination, dealing much more damage to the target!

I guess the spell description for it is just wildly off then. You are saying the dots ticks count, but the description says land in that time, not proc or dot over that time. And to be honest...if our guild's BSTs tossed out 4, or even 2 dots on a mob that blocked a single necro dot from landing...we would never hear the end of it. If only unlimited dots and debuffs could land on mobs
    Whulfgar likes this.
  14. Brohg Augur

If your guild's BSTs, or anyone else in guild, allowed class propaganda to block plain numbers from landing on your brains, then you shouldn't hear the end of it, because you're stupid and leaving a pile of dps just sitting around unused.
    Chaosflux likes this.
  15. Chaosflux Augur

Numbers are hard.