Allakhazam

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Plykin, May 24, 2016.

1. jeskola pheerie

Allakhazam was a pretty crappy casual wiz on povar back in 1999 and yet look at his legacy. if only all the leet bros around today could ever live up to his success...
    snailish likes this.
  2. Gommy Journeyman

I don't understand the hate on Allakhazam at all. It is pretty much always on my other screen when I'm playing. It costs what, a buck a month? If you can't afford that, stop playing computer games and start using your time to learn a new skill or look for a second job. Nothing in life is free.
  3. Millianna Augur

They support an ad firms that have malicious intent. That's more than enough for people not like them.
  4. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

They don't support ad firms that have malicious intent. I have worked with the person in charge of their ads directly to make sure that problem ads were removed. They have even removed entire ad networks from their lineup to make sure they clean all that up. It doesn't make sense as an online business to support something that negatively impacts your business so no they don't support it.
  5. Perplexed Augur

Agree! I don't get it either.
    I've been a supporter of the site for more years than I care to recall, think it started at $30.00 a year back then. The current charge is dirt cheap, especially since they now carry many other games.
    I've never had a problem.
    If you refuse to pay then install ABP, its free and works great.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Zhaunil_AB like this.
  6. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Alla is a great site.
    Each time i try to contribute, i "stumble" over them having lost my account somewhere along the line and that's it then.
    But i try to help/assist a guildie that actively supports it with posts and data.

EQResource does a lot of things "right" or even "better" perhaps.
    Magelo for some specific stuff.
    And i do not like "tools" that sniff my network packets so i'd never run the item collector or such myself.

But sites like Alla are few and far in between.
    I applaud those that have contributed to keep it up - not just for my benefit, for our all benefit.
  7. Sissruukk Rogue One

I paid my $9, worth it.
  8. svann Augur

IIRC the hate began the day they had an advert for a gold seller site.
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

FTFY
  10. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Never mind, I should know better by now not to post.
  11. Khat_Nip Meow

This is a short vid from a few minutes ago of me randomly browsing Allakhazam on Google Chrome as a non-subscriber. Seems fine to me. :p
  12. Siddar Augur

It's hit and miss, last time I went there things were fine except for videos auto playing. Time before that it was a laggy nightmare with multiple video playing at once. They break through the add block and cause havoc with performance of the site. Plus the annoying sound happening when its not needed for using the site makes multi tasking when using the site painful.

That really the main complaint I have is I can't pop open the site while I play ever quest with out their video adds spamming unwanted sound at me constantly.
  13. Febb Augur

What is this witchery?? Burn him!!

Siddar. Open up your sound mixer and turn browser sound off.
  14. svann Augur

Still not fixed. Everyone retire over there?
  15. Feznik Elder

I saved $9, worth it!
  16. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

It's scheduled to be fixed next week. ZAM had to remove some dependencies from wowhead on the allakhazam platform. That team just got done with that stuff today so hopefully early next week we'll be taking the site down and doing the fixes.