All classes/races available, Random Loot, Luclin Start TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Cyrics, Jan 16, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ragnoruk Augur

I disagree. I think special rulesets could much more popular than another Phinny clone. Obviously not a PvP server though.

I'd be surprised if they even offered a traditional TLP this round after Yelinak.
  2. Triconx Augur

It's still hits high population, regardless if it's considered as a failure by the player base. Making a Phinny clone is like printing money because the mindless re-rollers will just flock there while deserting Yelinak.

Why doesn't DPG take so many risks? The community proved the risks they make usually go unnoticed and judged before they even try it. They'd much rather their brain dead clone server rather than an actual unique fun server ( Vaniki).
    code-zero and Yinla like this.
  3. Manafasto Augur

I was bored with Yelinak right before Kunark released. Standard TLPs are not the way.
  4. Ragnoruk Augur

Yes, I played on the brain dead server. Yelinak did ok but that was following on the heels of Mischief & Thornblade. I have doubts that a traditional TLP now would do as well. I could be wrong though.

DPG did take a risk with Vaniki. It's good that they are willing to try new things but the ruleset just didn't appeal to me. That's why I chose Yelinak.
  5. Ragnoruk Augur

6. Ragnoruk Augur

I think they still have their appeal for many people but not one after another anymore.
  7. Mashef Augur

Look at TLP like "Seasons." No one would re-roll on the same Diablo season over and over (or they would just play non-seasonal version of the game). Which is what a classic TLP is here, a non-season version of EQ being re-released. Yelinak proved that the gen pop has grown weary of that grind. It's time for more seasonal flavors.

Each TLP should be adding a something or two to the game if not more. If you don't like the new seasonal TLP you can stay on your existing server or quit the game until the next seasons release. They have a number starting point for popular ideas, including this thread.

Eventually they gave in to the concept of the players not voting on progression but rather time gating it, it was a huge success. Eventually they gave in to instanced raids, it was a huge success. Eventually they gave in to the FV loot system people and it was a huge success. Combined with FV loot they threw in loot randomization and bonus loot drops! Not even sure that was requested, it was brilliant.

Eventually they WILL give in to classes available at a starting point somewhere in the early eras of the game. It will be a huge success and they will add a few wrinkles of their own like they did with mischief.
    Ragnoruk likes this.
  8. Faydra Augur

The krono farmers love them.
  9. Cheet Elder

The only issue would be how much of my money they could take.

Why not try it?
  10. Cheet Elder

actually that's a pretty strong combo if the zerker is raid geared.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Because of all the various issues that I listed before? If you wanted to play on a server that had the classes at launch they just had one that you could have been playing on.
  12. Cheet Elder

There are no issues. You are wrong.
    ISmellLikeInnySwamp likes this.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

As I have said plenty of times in this thread there are issues and it can be evident by the fact that they released a server at GoD which also included all the classes. If there was no issues unlocking that server they could have released it at classic. But the fact that they released it at GoD and made it level locked indicates that they have issues with unlocking those classes early.
  14. ISmellLikeInnySwamp Augur

I'm glad that you took a few days off to gather your thoughts and post the same thought again.

Please stay on topic. Are you going to choose a beastlord or a berserker for the upcoming classic start tlp?
  15. Manafasto Augur

I will be picking BST.
  16. FranktheBank Augur

In a world where we have the mischief and vaniki and previously selo rulesets, I would not have any issues believing bst/ber releasing in classic is unfeasible. It's certainly less work than mischief or vaniki required.
  17. Tweakfour17 Augur

But on a scale of Vaniki to Mischief, where do you think the return on investment would land for bst/ber in classic?
  18. Arclyte Augur

I like how making EQ fun again for potentially thousands of players has to have a cost analysis from the forums. Do all you guys hold stock in DPG or something?

I have no interest in playing either class, but I think it would be fun to have both of them in my groups at the start for a change of pace
  19. Tweakfour17 Augur

We all enjoy Eq or we wouldn't be here. We want to continue to enjoy EQ, so don't you want the company to make smart use of their time? There's been alot of discussion on what bst/ber would require in classic. Is it sufficient to just have them open but no trainers, no epics, no class armor? Should the devs re-add the planar armor, move npcs and quests lines forward? How long will that take? Could that time be better spent elsewhere? I don't own stock in Dbg but I still want them to continue to be profitable so I can continue playing.
  20. Name2 Augur

Daybreak just cancelled their 2nd attempt at some Marvel mmo about 9 months ago. EG7 took like a $23 million hit to cancel that project and is dividing the $50 million over 3 years investment that they planned to make into that project across multiple projects under the Daybreak umbrella. I think they specifically named LOTRO, DCUO, and "multiple first party long-term projects" (I closed the tab and can't remember 100%). No specific mention of EQ. The bigger issue surrounding EQ's operational budget may be that it didn't get mentioned in that reinvestment statement, and as a player that makes me wonder why the flagship IP isn't included.

If the company, including parent company, can afford to swing around that kind of cash and ultimately write it off, they can afford to decouple these classes from expansions, which should (generously) be a 1 developer/3 month scoped project which would land it in the tens of thousands as far as cost to implement. Remember, they were pretty easily able to restrict class availability regardless of which expansion is available with the original iteration of gold/silver accounts.

As players, we don't need to be thinking about the company's financials when we talk about features that we want to see added to the game that we continue to play. It may not be a popular feature request, sure. But how would they know whether the investment was worthwhile unless players continued to ask for it? Counter arguments are fine but keep them on point as far as why they don't belong in those eras from a gameplay perspective. Let Daybreak and EG7 worry about the financials (which I believe actually looked pretty good recently re: Daybreak revenues, all things considered).
  21. Waring_McMarrin Augur

We don't need multiple threads making the same or very similar request on the front page of the forums to get across the idea that it is important to some of the players.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.