All classes/races available, Random Loot, Luclin Start TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Cyrics, Jan 16, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And I am stating that they have no reason to make a change that would add incomplete classes into the game and draw more complaints. Just because people complain doesn't mean that they will want to do things that they know will draw in more complaints.
    code-zero likes this.
  2. Ragnoruk Augur

It wouldn't be more complaints, it would be the usual number of complaints. I'm sure they can handle it.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That is just a guess on your part and that doesn't address the fact that they would be adding incomplete classes to the game as well as adding new balancing issues. Just because people are going to complain either way doesn't mean that the devs are going to add in the classes to the game in an incomplete state. As has already been pointed out they have had the classes in at TLP launch when the associated expansions are also unlocked.
  4. Mashef Augur

100%

BST/BER need to be removed from their respective expansions.

I would say they should make all race/class combos available at launch via race change scroll in marketplace. Keeps it profitable for them. Can't create them that way on character select.

By purchasing you can agree that things like your race vendors/trainers might not be available for a while as a disclaimer.
  5. coltongrundy Augur

Imagine if they did a meme server where they removed class/race restrictions on items. Monks with Cudgel of Venomous Hatred, Rogues with Time's Antithesis.
  6. Crabman Augur

I guess what I, and probably everyone reading or commenting on this thread want to know really Waring, is what is there to gain by us players for not having these classes in at the start?

It can’t actually be that there’s 7 out of more than 2000 items less for them than the other classes (epic plus sky quests) can it?

So are you just a trilogy purest and think these 2 classes ruined the game along with everything luclin and after?

Do you just hate all tlps because they take a tiny bit of devs time away from real eq which is live?

While I understand that there is an epic that other classes get that you can’t, but I’m wondering I guess why that’s such an issue for only you?
  7. Ragnoruk Augur

I'm no economist but i'm not sure they would need to do that. You assume that they would lose revenue if they allowed the race/class combinations available later in the game from the start.

People generally have a budget for their hobbies. Whos to say that if they save money needing to race change that they wouldn't buy a bag, or exp pots, or whatever else?
  8. Name2 Augur

This isn't even a real limitation. They could make epics available to those classes fairly simply by adding AoC instances for zones required for the epic. I don't think that berserkers would even need anything added would they? Their epic takes place in Kunark and Classic zones. Beastlords would need a couple of moon AoC's added.

This would not break the group game, AoC's already offer dismal xp. They'd have to check and see if any groupable loot was available in the moon AoCs and probably just restrict it from dropping, maybe only spawn the epic mob or trigger mob or whatever inside the AoC. There's really no reason that they couldn't offer a full class experience if they added in those classes like they really should at this point.

Sky quests is like, who cares? Most of those rewards are pretty garbage anyway and replaced within the next expansion or two, sometimes by group loot.
  9. Name2 Augur

This is silly. Making players pay a premium to play these classes does not make them part of the core game. It's more reminiscent of how certain classes were gated to gold accounts like 10 years ago (a practice that they did away with in 2013).
  10. coltongrundy Augur

It's just not true when people say there's no gear for beastlords and berkserkers before their expansions are unlocked. Those classes have been added to so many items. They both have class specific armor in kunark from trakanon & VS, in velious from kael/thurgadin/skyshrine quests, tons of options from kael, growth, DN, TOV; berserkers have class specific ornate & elemental armor in pop; it's just a total lie to say they have no itemization before their expansions.
    Mashef likes this.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They have made those classes available at the start of a TLP when the expansion that they got introduced is also unlocked. Just because you want something and keep asking for it over and over again doesn't mean that the devs will agree with you and give it to you.

I have never said anything about them ruining the game just that in order for them to be available the expansion they came with also needs to be available.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And I don't see anyone making the claim that they have no itemization, just that they will be incomplete and missing some items and other things.
  13. Mashef Augur

Alternatively, if you have to wait until whatever expansion monks can be frogloks, DPG will never get that revenue since the majority has already re-rolled elsewhere. Operating under your assumption, they never know if they can get that revenue until they try it. I get your point but the attempt needs to be made so they can evaluate the success/failure effect on profitability.

If your point holds true its at worst a push financially, the budget gets spent. If people spend more it's a win. If people are happier its a win. It's a win/win situation to make the attempt.

At some point, they should not worry so much about the "classic TLP experience." Yelinak proved that is worn out due the massive flop that the server was. I don't know a single top end guild that is itching to relive classic/kunark on their own. They should worry about keeping people happy.

If the devs don't do some things people ask for then eventually the people fade away.
    Ragnoruk likes this.
  14. Crabman Augur

Sorry I was not clear enough in my question. My question is why do you specifically not want those 2 classes added into classic eq. Not reasons why devs might not want to do it, I just want to hear from someone who clearly doesn’t want them added early.
  15. Crabman Augur

100% agree. The intent of my post was simply asking someone else why they think it’s such an issue.
  16. Mashef Augur

They shouldn't pay a premium for the classes. I mean the class/race combos.

You SHOULD get beast and zerker for free at launch with the standard races available to them. But if you want to be a wood elf beast you should pay instead of waiting until whatever expansion that happens.
    Name2 likes this.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Is it not clear that I see all sorts of issues with the classes being added to the game before the expansions that they came with are unlocked?
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It seems they are trying to add change in with special rules instead of just launching the same server year after year with a classic launch,
  19. coltongrundy Augur

That's weird, I don't know why you thought I would care if you've seen it or not? But I can assure you, I do not.
  20. Crabman Augur

All sorts? I’ve heard one. Epic quests. And you’ve worded it differently in each post. Incomplete classes, quest lines not finished, devs came over to my house for dinner and told me they didn’t want to, and whatever else you’ve said.

So let’s say a new server did come out with bst and ber from classic. You know what you could do to make your experience no different than any other classic lunch? Don’t play those classes. Easy as that. Or if you like those classes and want to play them, then get some of the other 2000 items that are still usable from luclin to velious and not harp on the 1 single item you can’t get yet.
    Skuz and Ragnoruk like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.