All characters deleted across several accounts

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Galden, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Galden New Member

Logged in today to notice all my characters across several accounts have been deleted, last time i logged into the accounts was a few months ago. Did they have some sort of character wipe for all servers?
  2. moogs Augur

That's really terrible.

Did you share your login info with your spouse, and if so, were you also an Ashley Madison subscriber?

Have you created a temporary character to enter a /petition? The CS rep should be able to tell you when the characters were deleted and when the account rollbacks will be complete. When that's over with, change your passwords...
  3. Galden New Member

no wasn't a Ashley Madison subscriber, don't even know what that is. My spouse never had my login info, she unfortunatly wont play even after my years of attempts.

Guess i'll have to just do like you said and make a new character and see if they can roll back the accounts......
  4. moogs Augur

Good luck. Don't take no for an answer from "customer service".
  5. Nolrog Augur

Couple things to try.

Log all the way out re-run the patcher and log back in. Sometimes things get out of sync

If you didn't share your password (sometimes this happens within guilds for keys) then do a full virus and malware scan. You could have a keylogger that stole your info back then and you just found out.

Change your password immediately if you have not already.

When you make a new character, do not re-use one of the old names. That will overwrite the previous save for that toon and they can't get it back.
    Aneuren likes this.
  6. Sely New Member

I lost a character when I returned to EQ, found out he was shrouded and somehow they "lost" him... once they realized I did indeed have the character at one time, they found him and returned him.