All Access - Need A Method To Display In-Game?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by I_Love_My_Bandwidth, Sep 16, 2021.

1. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Since AoC requires All-Access and is now available on FTP servers, we need a way to discern FTP players from AA.

I propose adding something to /who, like a ^^ at the end of their /who return.

Or is there another way to tell?
  2. Angahran Augur

Why do you need to know if someone else is AA or FTP ?
    You could simply ask ?
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  3. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

People lie. People may not have any clue what it is. People's subscription can run out without them knowing.

Let me set the scene:

Angahran wants to access a zone via AoC and collects 5 players to do so. All 6 claim to have AA but the zone will not spin up. Angahran tries futilely for an hour and gives up, later finding out that one of the players just wanted to help but was on a FTP account.

Maybe it's a non-issue, but something I thought about since AoC were previously only available on TLP, which required AA.
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Inspect their gear for prestige items. Easy.
  5. demi Augur

I dont know about you , but lately when my sub runs out I get booted now no matter what im doing ..

this can happen maybe they can do a AA check when inviting people into group for AoC that would say something like the person your trying to invite is not AA .. then that way you can send them a tell and say hey it wont let me invite you cause your not AA ?
    similar to how when you try to invite someone to a group or such that doesnt meet certain requirements such as lvl spread or flagging for a certain zone or a lockout timer .. ?
  6. Angahran Augur

Simple fix, when you talk to the AoC and it tells you to shove off, it should inform you "Bob is not flagged for this zone." or something like that.
    Bigstomp and Nennius like this.
  7. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Does it already do that?
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

But after being booted you should be able to log back in as Silver or F2p.

I like the second (purple) idea. We have that right now on prestige items or rank II spells or placing stuff in guild hall? Can't remember for sure but you get a message on the lines of "you do not have the right membership level to do this...consider purchasing All Access"

And there is also the error when you try to task add someone who does not have that expansion so it could say something like that.

Should be easy to incorporate that into AOC.
    demi likes this.
  9. Accipiter Old Timer

I can't imagine DBG spending a single dime on this.
  10. YourJobNotYourLife Elder

Just tell the unflagged person to log off temporarily. When you request an AOC you only need six people in your group -- they do not need to be logged in.