Alchemy potion restrictions changes

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ngreth Thergn, Jun 13, 2018.

1. HappyPanda Augur

Truth.
  2. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Why bother mentioning it with these changes:

[3763] Black Plague
    Target: Caster PB
    AE Range: 375'
    Resist: Disease -300, Max Resist Chance: 80%
    Reflectable: No
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0s, Recast: 20s
    Duration: 5.7h+ (3390 ticks), Dispelable: No
    1: Increase Disease Counter by 18
    2: Decrease Movement Speed by 80%
    3: Decrease Current HP by 700 per tick

Distillate of Immunization
    I cures 8 disease counters ( 2x4), no req. level
    II cures 12 disease counters ( 3x4), req. level 5
    III cures 16 disease counters ( 4x4), req. level 10
    IV cures 20 disease counters ( 5x4), req. level 15
    V cures 24 disease counters ( 6x4), req. level 20
    VI cures 28 disease counters ( 7x4), req. level 25
    VII cures 32 disease counters ( 8x4), req. level 35
    VIII cures 36 disease counters ( 9x4), req. level 45
    IX cures 40 disease counters (10x4), req. level 55
    X cures 44 disease counters (11x4), req. level 65
    1 minute recast delay

DoT lands every minute. Potion recast comes up every minute. You will take no damage from this.

Most importantly though, Bertoxxulous is the highest AE Damage event in the expansion. However look at the lower damage ones in Phase 4 or in Elementals. Potions can and do cover all of your AE damage taken in many fights in this era.
  3. Arrk Augur

Every min???... or ever 20 sec....

Point still stands ... you are taking more damage then "6k every 2 min" ..... if your underestimation were the case on a fight that last 4-5 min.... that damage is easily mitigated by normal healing ... the Truth is it takes a lot more healing to the raid overcome the event...
  4. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Recast time does not always correspond with how frequently they use the ability. Feel free to check your logs. You will see he uses each AE once every 60 seconds. Unless they've changed this in the last few months.

It takes a lot more right now on Agnarr. But whenever everyone can instantly cure the raid DoT every time it lands and can offset every other rain Nuke AE with another potion, assuming they never resist a single AE. That's dumb.

Those potions don't belong on a PoP era server at all.
  5. GeauxTigers Elder

I don't think they belong on any server that's a TLP but that's me

Edit: pre-PoR (or DoN whatever)

There was an argument long ago made by a developer, however, that just because we had to do it one way once upon a time is no justification for having to do it that way forever.

I just honestly don't think the possibilities of the potions are really fleshed out in numbers in these posts, the impact of instant cast, no resource, equal to best current cleric hot is crazy.
  6. crunkmonk New Member

The goods news is the five of you on the TLP servers who dislike these distillates don't have to use them.

EQ is an old game. I don't understand how constantly crying for nerfs and/or things being taken away will help any of us. If you want an annoying and painful old school experience go play on P99. Let the rest of us have fun.
    discordkitty likes this.
  7. GeauxTigers Elder

Take a step back from the knee jerk reaction and honestly evaluate what you enjoy more.

Easier, log in, auto attack, afk, talk a bit on discord way...
    Or how it was meant to be, a challenge (for its time) that was not trivial...
  8. Darchon_Xegony Augur

The "you don't have to use them" argument doesn't really work on an MMO.

Raid guilds will expect you have HoT potions to cope with raid events. I know on Phinigel mine and others handed out HoT potions to allow you to faceroll through the AEs. I was hopeful they fixed this for Agnarr and Coirnav with the last patch, but alas. 25-30 characters will be clearing PoTime in era riding double DPS, increased mitigation, and out of era potions.

Was hoping the flagging of Innate Melee DPS AAs to The Darkened Sea was the next step in making TLPs a bit less of a faceroll, but alas.
  9. Arrk Augur

Most of the people crying about it are most likely p99 who want TLPs to be more like p99 and less like TLPs...

I would rather play TLP then p99
  10. Arrk Augur

You proved my point.... thanks
  11. Darchon_Xegony Augur

That you just want to faceroll through content and not be challenged at all?
  12. crunkmonk New Member

It's not a knee jerk reaction. While a lot of us have fond memories of those times, they're gone. With all of the changes made to Live over the years EQ is never going to be a huge challenge again if you're rolling into this content with 10 groups of people - no matter what you ask them to take away/nerf. There's no going back.

Read the forums. Most of these guys don't even have the patience to PUG for experience. They don't want to suffer through hours upon hours of raid wipes for the "challenge." While the vocal minority here on the forums often long for the good ole days, I think it's time to start accepting it isn't going to happen.

Taking things away, especially things people are used to having, only hurts the population. Don't we all want people to play with? Putting these distillates back in after some evaluation seems like the right move to me.
  13. Risiko Augur

I still have yet to see anybody say how this change will NEGATIVELY IMPACT the servers or the players.

Saying something is broke, not supposed to be that, not that was in the past, intended to be like xyz does not in anyway inherently mean that it will negatively impact anything or anybody in the game.

Kiting was an unintended game mechanic that very well could have been described as "broke" back in the day. Instead "fixing it", SoE left it in, and it became a staple game play mechanic that defines many Everquest gamer's memories of the game. It's a game mechanic not found in most other MMORPGs. Thank God they didn't "fix it" just because it was "broke".

The point is, just because you can prove something is "broke" in your eyes in the game does not necessarily mean it is bad or wrong for the game over all. It is up to the game designers and developers to determine what is right an wrong for their game.
  14. Arrk Augur

I would rather not have to have guild mates box 20 extra characters just to clear content... p99's want everything nerfed so 72 people HAVE to raid for stuff to get done.

How people do content in their instances shouldn't matter to you if you are not in that instance. Join a guild of like-minded individuals and refuse to use the pots... more power to you.
    Risiko likes this.
  15. Gildor New Member

EDIT: found the answer I guess, it's mentionned in the test patch note, so it's for next update I supose; might be a good idea to make it more clear in this subject ^^

I dont get it: it say for example that distillate of clarity 6 have no restriction, yet I still cant craft them on Coirnav (who is in kunark fyi).
    Are this change not in game yet or something?
  16. RandomStrategy Augur

It's not yet implemented. The next patch that comes out should be implementing these changes to the distillates.
  17. GeauxTigers Elder

Did nerfing the shaman procs ruin TLP's like it was claimed?
    Did removing any of the out of era AA's?
    Did removing Harm Touch?
    Did nerfing Quest XP hurt them?
    Did blocking teleporting ontop of spawns and raid mobs on new TLP's kill them?
    Did changing tradeskills or alchemy?

Probably not, I think TLP's are just running their course (people who like slow xp like coirnav are a minority) and the servers like Agnarr have 20 guilds killing Quarm, They can change whatever they want at this point. There is no excuse for insane advantages from market or bazaar.

If anything we have a bigger audience (p99 etc) now

Lets be real, TLP = nostalgia paycheck, give me the nostalgia, not pots
  18. GeauxTigers Elder

Like if I'm Ngreth, this game is 20 years old...I love it, I love it and hate it, I love the players and hate the players, I love my job and sometimes hate my job.

But in the end, I'd want to be the guy known for keeping it classic. I'd push for a server with loot on corpse when you die, real corpse runs, real hell levels.

Keep the cosmetics of the spells and UI etc and just go full classic. I bet people would go insane and never forget it.
  19. GeauxTigers Elder

Quarm can be done with 20 ppl without boxes my duuuuuude, come on, even without potions!
  20. Febb Augur

There are no need for boxes on raids if you have the minimum amount of people needed for raids.