Alchemy potion restrictions changes

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ngreth Thergn, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

This my only complaint here as well. These should be looked at.
  2. Eldrian Augur

Let's do an actual comparison

Elixir of Healing X
    Must be 65 to use
    heals an average 700 per tick

Spell:Holy Elixir
    Cleric level 65 spell
    heals 900 per tick

Yes the potion is slightly better during PoP, but then it quickly gets left behind by GoD.
  3. Polekn Augur

So make it available in GoD?
  4. Eldrian Augur

That would not be so bad, but PoP and GoD are so close together anyway why go back and fix something that is so trivial?
  5. taliefer Augur

Or just adjust the healing done by the potion down a bit
  6. Darchon_Xegony Augur

You can't simply look at the raw value.

Those potions are instant cast (meaning you can use them while running around), any class and 2 min reuse makes it's far more powerful in these expansions where 2-3k AEs are at the top end. Plus those Cleric spells cost 600-700 mana.

It doesn't get left behind. On past servers people were clicking those potions frequently through PoR to cover healing on classes who aren't healers. Obviously its power will diminish as expansions continue and HP values inflate. But DoN is the correct time for these to be introduced, when they were added to vendors.
  7. Arrk Augur

It actually makes no difference. These potions, all of them, offer a way for spells to be cast without that class present. The all have a use and function that is replicated by in game class spells... so there is no reason to exclude any of them unless they are more powerful than in game spells. There are on par with the spells... that is all that matters.

The only concession I can see being made is maybe up the recast timer to 4 mins....
  8. Arrk Augur

At "600-700" mana that at current regen rates is like 6 or 7 ticks aka... less than a minute
    The potions are 2 min....

Again the potions are weaker
  9. Eldrian Augur

I have faith in the release schedule for these potions that Ngreth laid out. Pots will be relevant but not out of era for content. Not everyone will be happy, some folks will always complain. For my part, Good Job Ngreth, and thank you for your efforts with this.
  10. Scrax Elder

These potions are not weaker and the people saying they are know it. They are being disingenuous.

The potions are INSTANT CAST.

They can be cast by people soloing raid content that can't normally cast the spell. They can be cast by shadowknights trying to solo naggy (or whatever). They can be cast instantly by a warrior while being hit by multiple mobs.

They are way way way more powerful than the actual spell and are not appropriate in era

And you all know it.
  11. Arrk Augur

Cause soloing content 5 expansion past is game-breaking....
  12. Risiko Augur

Why does this bother you though? I have yet to ever see anyone say, "we don't need a cleric. We got some potions. Fill that group spot with a dps instead." I've never seen that in the history of playing Everquest.
    Lelaanla likes this.
  13. Nuttmeg Augur

Technically, nothing stops the cleric from casting it on you while you are running around.
  14. Nuttmeg Augur

Technically, a cleric could also cast the spell... on the person soloing... as he's running around.

And we all know it. The potions seem fine.

Edit to add that a cleric can also cast it on the warrior who is being hit by multiple mobs. Or even precast it before the warrior pulls multiple mobs.
  15. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Yes, but in all of those scenarios there is a stationary, second character, who is spending mana to provide that healing.

You can't compare the ability to heal yourself on the run to, "well another person could heal me as I run by".

Really, just flag the HoT potions to all unlock during DoN.
  16. Briano Journeyman

Thank you so very much for the effort put in to this and all the work you are doing.

Does this mean that Curzon and Lucidem will start dropping on Phinny post patch?
  17. HappyPanda Augur

Doh!
  18. Kahna Augur

Yes, drop the potion so people box more clerics, because boxing more clerics is really what this game needs to make it better.
    Lelaanla likes this.
  19. Redhead Journeyman

20. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Probably not, but the recipe will be unlocked!