Agnarr's Future

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pan The Man, Oct 17, 2018.

1. FluttyMan Elder

just curious what expac is Agnarr on?
  2. BlargBlargBlarg New Member

3. Raina Elder

Can't believe the future for this server is so bleak. I would have never guessed, and I doubt anyone else could have seen it coming. Very unexpected.
    Barton likes this.
  4. RandomStrategy Augur

You're conflating the bleakness of this forum and its members with the rest of the server.
    Barton likes this.
  5. mattie diesel Journeyman

Did y'all expect them to lie about being timelocked at PoP? why is this such a surprise, lol
    Agnarr is fine, play the game instead of wasting time talking about it, do stuff with people.
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

When i signed up someone told me "pop" meant possibly open progression, and i just never really questioned it until now.
    Dythan likes this.
  7. HappyPanda Augur

I also do not support an Agnarr 2.0 but there is no proof so far that PoP lock isn't viable.
    We have new people starting the server regularly and people come and go to a much greater degree.
    Some people spend much of their time on other servers but still like to play periodically on Agnarr.
    In all, the server is very successful and there are still many of us having a good time. I don't see why that would really change any time soon.
    Elskidor likes this.
  8. Vedette Journeyman

Aren't all servers about to be locked at the 20th expansion? I could see Agnarr having a second wind in a year depending on the next TLP.
  9. Xeris Augur

Faceless
    Addictions
    Charge the lair
    Fourth meal
    Dark sun rising
    Europa Agnarr
    Divinitas
    Zurdula
    Mess
    Defiant Kings
    Imperium Deus
    Flames of Reverence
    Scions of Time
    Repetitive delinquency

I count 14 guilds still actively clearing potime on Agnarr. There may be 1-2 I'm forgetting. There are also a handful of other guilds that are still actively in Elementals and lower. All in all there are probably 25 active raiding guilds on the server.

New players are still coming, people are returning from breaks... it's pretty solid. Obviously it won't be like this forever but there is still a strong community of people actively playing on the server.
    HoodenShuklak, HappyPanda and Repo like this.
  10. Montag Augur

These people asking for more expac on Agnarr are projecting their desires on others. Many of us only came back to EQ at all cause of the locked nature of Agnarr.

I think Agnarr will outlast every existing TLP because the target audience is people who want a pop-ldon locked server. Lots of people from alkabor and p99 and old timers like me and many of my friends who are not at all interested in any expac from gates onward.

People who want to just quit at sof or whatever and start over again and again ofc are done with agnarr, that's fine, they aren't who this server is for.

Also, for people with busy lives and want a server they can afk for 2 months and continue where they left off. Agnarr is the only choice.

I'm currently like 65% best in slot for every slot on my main and a few of the desired "fun" items. Once he has every raid dropped bis, fun item and clicky, like the AA unlock clickies in time. I'll get cracking on my box, that's like another year right there.
    Repo and Elskidor like this.
  11. Elskidor Augur

I enjoy the fun of new TLPs and my time on FV live, but I see Agnaar as my home. I want nothing else unlocked otherwise I'd go elsewhere. It's the one (DBG) server that will remain in an era I enjoy. I can also see random guilds that would like to do Classic-PoP progession form up in Agnaar as their temporary thrill seeking venture.

When I feel the need to check out a new expansion I'll hit FV again in December/January for awhile. However, at least I'll know Agnaar will still be right there where I left it and not several expansions ahead and done left me behind.
  12. Xeris Augur

Ya I think the biggest draw for me is that the server won't progress. I can get the best of everything, I can quit, take a break, or do whatever else, and I won't fall behind.
  13. taliefer Augur

Agnarr is the EQ security blanket.

I havent played there since before kunark launched, and have no plans to play there again, but just knowing its there sitting at PoP era if i ever get so inclined is a nice feeling. The exp rate is fast enough if i ever feel like leveling a character from 1 to 65 for funsies, i can see myself doing so on agnarr.
  14. HoodenShuklak Augur

Take it to the good times, see it through the bad times....whatever it takes is what I'm gonna do.
  15. Zinkeh Augur

That would be amazing. I'm not leveling up 3 more 65's lol.
  16. Zinkeh Augur

17. Fhiele Augur

We're 8 months post-PoP, server is still strong. Lots of us May 24th'ers have quit or are tired, but I know half my guild at least is made up of people who joined after server release. I think we'll see plenty more life on Agnarr. The next TLP will make a dent, no doubt, possibly a big one. Nice thing about PoP-lock, you never really get behind. You can go play on the next TLP and come back after you max level in Kunark and don't feel like there's anything worth doing. Agnarr has good bones.
    HappyPanda likes this.
  18. HoodenShuklak Augur

That's another thing too.

Assuming you don't quit EQ altogether, Agnarr lets you casually stay relevant to your guild. You don't lose any ground just idling, which for EQ, is almost anathema to its core.

So, even if a 2-box FV TLP server launched tomorrow I would probably dabble over there, but I can still raid Time one a week on Agnarr.