[Agnarr] Zurdula Guild (US time zone)

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by Razzle, Mar 22, 2017.

1. jeskola pheerie

So if I am normally a raider but I decide I don't want to raid tonight because the targets are old or boring or i don't think the numbers will be on, I can just go group instead while the rest raid?
  2. Razzle Augur

Correct. Its your $15.00, do what you want to do online. We are not going to give you the stink eye. We will raid something with whatever numbers show up, big targets, little targets, epic mobs, quest mobs, whatever. We don't want people getting burnt out doing only one aspect of the game. We do have people in the guild that don't raid at all, the only do group exps, quests, tradeskills and such because of limited play time.
  3. jeskola pheerie

Before Instancing this was always doomed to failure, however I can see it actually working to some degree these days.
  4. Razzle Augur

That is the beauty of instancing, there is aways something to kill with whatever size raid force you have show up, your not competing with other guilds.
    Noblesquire likes this.
  5. Reminiscing Journeyman

Just going to enjoy this one. I'm down with the rules on the website. #loveclassic
  6. Razzle Augur

We are forming pre-made groups right now getting ready for the server to open. We will have about 20 pre-made groups or so having fun the 1st week. We have space for latecomers, we are still pre-server recruiting people wanting to enjoy Classic once again.
  7. Razzle Augur

Still pre-server recruiting. 20 days still.
  8. Haak Augur

I know there are still many members out there looking for a place to call home on Agnnar. We welcome members across the entire spectrum of the EverQuest experience. Whether you are a returning player or trying the game for the first time, we will have a place for you. Our focus is to help our members achieve the balance between life and fun by creating opportunities that fit your schedule, whether that's to raid with our flexible raid team, group with friends new and old, or simply join our active Discord community and strike up a conversation with like-minded individuals. In Zurdula, the experience is what you make it, and we look forward to building this community with anyone who would like to join!
  9. Razzle Augur

Zurdula has change its loot policy to a DKP hybrid system that benefits all players regardless of playing time.
  10. Barlow Elder

Razzle, can you elaborate on said hybrid loot system?
  11. taliefer Augur

its on their webpage, bulletpoints seem to be:

earn 1 dkp per hour
    items are only bid on using dkp one day a week, which rotates each week. other 3 days its the /random rolling
    lose 20% of your DKP each week.
  12. Razzle Augur

Yeh, the decay rate is to off set hoarding points because of loot won by randoming. That is only part of our system, our website has the complete loot system. The system was designed for our specific guild composition. What works for us, may not work for other guilds. We are not asking for peoples opinions about our policies so please dont post them here, this is a recruiting ad. We are just making a statement that we are using a DKP hybrid system and that the information is on our website.
  13. Realist_on_Agnarr New Member

Razzle and Basak, you two are cute. I understand wanting to make a guild as childhood friends and now being barely old enough to drive a car, but I think you are already in over your head.

Having to defend everything you say, change, or do, proves your inexperience in handling ANY sort of diversity or confrontation. /sigh

It's cute that you chime into every other Recruitment thread to get your randomly long signatures in there, as well as your two cents of childish chatter, but c'mon guys.. it's obvious you are looking for quantity over quality, and will be spamming random channels daily, so please make sure to let us know what name(s) you choose at launch, so we can ignore them and move on.
  14. Basak Augur

I don't know who Razzle is. Your assumption here is weird. I've been a guild leader 10 years, this is first time I have not lead a guild in a long time.

I am not defending anything, I am just trying to say why we do things the way we do, people just jump because they don't like what we do. I don't like the way we do things either, but I have loyalty to a guild when I join them, regardless if the server is open or not.

I chime in personally on other recruitment threads to get to know my fellow players, not sure why you would even bring this up on my part. I'll be happy to let everyone know who I am when server launches as I wouldn't want to deal with anyone with such high negativity and childishness as yourself, at least AgentofChange is good about things and doesn't talk down to people. You could learn from him.
    Troubadurix and Talon like this.
  15. Snoochi New Member

Perhaps if they weren't being trolled constantly by other people trying to stir up drama they wouldn't feel the need to defend anything. Not quite sure where you got it in your head that they're children and RL friends.Regardless they're just a portion of Zurdula's leadership, we're all working towards making this a successful and prosperous guild for all members, I do not blame them at all for defending themselves against the rampant trolling that have taken over this thread and I do not see how that makes them bad leadership.
    Troubadurix likes this.
  16. Ellis Elder

Considered this guild until I read the guild recruitment thread over on reddit where your recruiter was saying really dumb things about bards. Which have since been deleted. But given that bards can't roll on FT items unless literally every cleric, necro, mage, wizard, enc passes on it first....uh, no thanks.
    Some guilds have a problem trying to min/max their item awards too much and classes like bards end up getting crapped on because what really is "best" on a bard besides bard-specific items? Haste items and weapons? More efficient on melee dps. Plate? More important for clerics and tanks. FT? give it to casters! And classes like bards end up having no fun and getting treated like alts. This leans too much in that direction for me.
  17. Razzle Augur

This is a recruitment board.... you go and check out all the guilds and pick out one that suits you. That doesnt mean you go to each guild that you dont want to join and complain about their policies, just dont join them. Why is this concept so hard for people to understand?
    Talon likes this.
  18. MBear Augur

It seems like people could send a PM to the leader of a guild to give feedback on guild policies rather than muddy up the recruitment threads expressing how unhappy they are with the policies.
    Razzle, Talon and FattyBearsteaks like this.
  19. Ellis Elder

How does it harm a recruitment thread? It bumps it to the top and makes it more visible if anything. Opinions about guild policies are kind of relevant to people considering joining a guild. It's pretty trivial to keep the OP updated with relevant guild information. Sorry that you don't like critical feedback - some people appreciate community feedback as to their policies. No one is perfect after all.
  20. Tachyon Augur

They'll be so much loot to go around on Agnarr that almost any policy will work out in the long run. I wouldn't fret too much over the specifics. The most important thing is a positive attitude and enthusiasm, and these guys have both!
    Noblesquire and Talon like this.