[Agnarr] Zurdula Guild (US time zone)

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by Razzle, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Tachyon Augur

It'll work just fine! I've done the same or very similar with many guilds over the past 15+ years and made it from Classic to Tunat as far back as the Combine. This kind of system isn't as loot progression focused as DKP (or speed focused), but that's the whole point. It's makes raids more of a social experience where newcomers are welcome to be involved, even if only occasionally.

Loot's easy to come by in the Classic era anyway, especially with raid instancing. And it doesn't hold the weight it once did outside your main tanks and healers. I raided through Time on my Necro barely naked (loam encrusted) on Phinny with a bunch of unspent DKP under my belt.

Variety of player experience also makes raids a hell of a lot more fun because you are actually teaching players how to raid, making a few mistakes and enjoying the victories all the more. I did my year with an experienced guild on Phinny full of vets and while I did enjoy the run I'm trying to remember if we even wiped once along the way through Time? It was kind of paint by numbers. Yes, GoD will be harder, but this server isn't ever going there.

I think it's refreshing to have this option and I /salute this crew for being so dedicated to it!!
    Noblesquire, Troubadurix and Razzle like this.
  2. Razzle Augur

Yes, our members have the same mind set a you do. I got the idea from my old EQ guild, they used the system for 14 years, not just in EQ but other games to. They were a group that hated DKP systems. So they came up with a sort of guided loot council, random, with some priorities.. a mixed system. It has incentives for people that raid more. It was some really out of the box stuff, took me awhile to get use to it. I was use to DKP. It doesn't penalize people for not having high attendance but gives more frequent players a bonus. Since this is a new server we will have to tweek it some until we see who comes to raids more often.
    Troubadurix likes this.
  3. Troubadurix Lorekeeper

As a casual (forced to, due to work obligations haha) this does look more and more intriguing. Move to EU, will ya? ;)
    Razzle likes this.
  4. Razzle Augur

hehe, wish I could my brother! If you see me on Agnarr some late night, maybe we could evergrind together. I will keep my eyes peeled for you.
    Troubadurix likes this.
  5. AgentofChange Augur

It's just an interesting loot system because it sounds like you are willing to give loot to someone who's been in the guild an hour over someone who's been in the guild 6 months. I'm sure your members will appreciate that, especially after random guild member #37 sells yet another toon/item from your guild.

The term zerg guild means the guild is full of unskilled players who bring far more people than is required to kill a raid target. So in a way it does mean large guild. Effectively, a large amount of unskilled players.
  6. Troubadurix Lorekeeper

Of course :) always happy to team up with nice players. :) will be starting in gfay heh..
  7. Basak Augur

There is a wait period for granting loot to new members.
  8. Zeltari-Ragefire Lorekeeper

Even so, its a horrid system that deserves a second look. Total deterrent.
  9. Razzle Augur

No that is not how it works. So you are saying that people in a DKP system never sell items.... or any loot system for that matter. Really? haha. Most stuff becomes no-drop later on anyway.

As far Zerg goes , dont most guilds have 72 players and some change. Plus we have some people that dont raid. I dont think that is a large guild more like a typical guild. As far skilled or unskilled, people making assumptions again. And we are talking about 17, 18 year old content, it not like it is unknown content that just got released. Not only that, it will be the same content forever.

I understand all the hate cause we are doing something against the established order, but that is our business. All the haters need stop high jacking our Recruiting Ad, and go troll somewhere else.
  10. AgentofChange Augur

I wasn't calling you a zerg guild, just letting you know what zerg guild really means. You seemed confused.

As per your loot policy, typically people have to put in effort to get loot. People who put in more effort are usually rewarded with more loot. So when you have a /random policy it often rubs people the wrong way. Some dude who shows up to a raid once a month might just have some lucky dice and win the best loot everytime, while someone who has been at every raid since the guild started might just have some unlucky dice and literally never win a thing, or be last on every item.

Generally speaking people don't like when their effort goes unrewarded. Good luck with your guild dude.
  11. Tachyon Augur

I'll be rolling up my Bard in Gfay. Can't wait to see how many instances we get!
    Razzle likes this.
  12. Troubadurix Lorekeeper

Haha yah, bard ftw. :) hopefully there will be enough players for all us bards :p
    Razzle likes this.
  13. Snoochi New Member

Yes, there will be people who miss out on drops, there is no question about that. however those who raid most will have more chances at loot, each member is entitled to 1 raid loot drop per night, some people will really have to think about what they want to roll for. but on the other end of the spectrum we want to have the more casual members actually want to join in and feel like that they have the same opportunity for loot, there is nothing wrong with you disliking the system, we're not asking you to join if you disagree with it. it's what we've come up with and what we feel will work for us long term, if it so happens to fail miserably we'll address it, but we want all members to have a shot at loot and motivation by doing so to actually come and attend. With instanced raiding we'll have plenty of loot to go around, this isn't the old days fighting over open world spawns.
    Razzle likes this.
  14. Razzle Augur

The bards are taking over! Hide your mobs! :D
  15. Cart New Member

With all this talk it keeps this guild at the top of the forum for guild recruiting. I find that interesting.

I think rules have to be different for casual verses hard core guilds. Casuals might show up to one or two raids a week at most and to keep their interest high you need for them to have reasons to come to the raid at least once or twice a week. I like this system, probably because I'm casual and seen how the other systems work for us.

I agree with the guildleader, if you object strongly to the loot system then certainly don't join this guild. There should be plenty of guilds with plenty of different loot systems. Just find the one you like. Seems like easy solution.

All the talk about this will work or won't work doesn't make much sense if you don't plan to be in guild anyway. It seems like just drama being created for the sake of drama and most casual guilds wouldn't appreciate you showing up bringing your drama with you.

I do agree that a casual guild will have more demands on leaders during raids. However it seems most of the members of this guild have played EQ before and already know how to handle themselves in raids so there will be just a few each raid that have no idea what to do, but it not like you go to a raid this week and next week forget everything about raiding during those extremely long seven days. While more work for the leaders, I don't think it will be overwhelming after a few weeks of raiding.
    Razzle and Tachyon like this.
  16. Troubadurix Lorekeeper

Oh I sure hope not - less for me to do ;) however, it is my experience that there is far between the good bards, and that there seems to be an overflow of the more mediocre ones. :) thankfully, it is easy to spot which one is which :D

Now to kill time until 24th of May... :/
  17. Troubadurix Lorekeeper

Also, I asume that the guild will have some form of raidleadership and officers who helps out with those who don't know what to do :)
  18. Basak Augur

Every facet of Guild Leadership within Zurdula has a counterpart Officer. The best way to say it for most to understand would be all the officers combined, though different duties per officer, has the same powers as the Guild Leader. Like Captain Planet... All the officer powers combined, Captain Guild Leader!
  19. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I'm interested but I'm not making any commitments until it gets closer to the server opening and I know what all my friends are thinking about doing. The raid loot system doesn't bother me. I want a casual guild with raiding options, not a raid focused guild. My primary goal is having good options for getting a group quickly. I will raid when I can, but not worried as much about the loot. Raiding can be boring when people only care about the returns. I'd like to see a good raid environment where people are paying attention but also having a good time.
    Razzle likes this.
  20. Razzle Augur

Very well spoken. That is the exactly the what we are doing, we provide raiding "Options" for our members that want to raid, and other stuff for those that don't raid or raid only a little bit. The raiders have four raid days and times to pick from. If they log and dont feel like raiding, they can grind or do whatever they want to, no pressure to raid. The raiders will be killing crap as much as they want. We already have a full raid officer core set up just for the raiders with several different types raid sign up options.