Agnarr - Your Do-Not-Group List

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kyrin Kye, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Rokkeb Journeyman

Was playing my ranger and had a halfling female druid come up and kill undead knight while we were fighting it. Then looted and tried to sell us the blood stained mantle. A couple minutes later I saw them in another pick of Unrest. Then just watched through out the night as they kept pick hopping. I was reading in faydwer they were hitting UK and DWB guy, can't remember his name, trying to sell loot to people the just KS'd.

Absolute scumbags.
  2. Kylo Classic Augur

Don't feed the troll.
  3. Kylo Classic Augur

You have a lot of hate in you. You should go seek help, all this hate isn't healthy. I'm concerned.
  4. Zobral New Member

At least it's been up awhile now so some will know to avoid the idiot.
  5. MaxTheLion Augur

My choice to group with people is based on my interaction with them and not on a comment by some stranger on EQ forums which are notoriously full of complainers.
  6. Amygdala New Member

So, is this list about bad people or bad players because there is quite a bit of both on Agnarr
  7. Chatoyan Elder

I haven't spent enough time at hotly contested camps to need a list of trainers/ks'ers/etc, but I'll put people on ignore for being a******s in ooc or chat channels. Not from any particular desire to punish them by withholding buffs or ports, it's just so that I don't have to listen to them anymore.
  8. Ethereal Augur

I'm more concerned that people actually spend time and effort after the initial encounter with someone they had a bad run in with to go through the steps to write their names down and list the reasons. You're giving them more time than they're worth. Usually it doesn't even end there.

I picture people who do this literally pulling out a notebook and scribbling names ferociously, seething, then typing in guild chat, ooc, and on these forums for the next 2 hours about it. Probably only the latter parts of that are true, but still...too much time wasted because someone made you upset.
  9. Reiker99 Lorekeeper

5 seconds to type a name in a notepad file can save you a lot of headaches later on.

Comparing it to IRL is silly because people do the same thing, they just don't keep literal lists.
  10. Velcoro New Member

^^ This.

One thing I've really found is that this population, and I'm not saying everyone so this isn't one of those "everyone sucks but me" posts, but the modern day EQ'er is typically a whining, self-centered b-word. I've seen some of the most selfish acts by some people, but also some of the most selfless too. But since this post not about the latter...

I've watched fight after fight break out in my class channel over trivial things because people can't agree on class strategies. I've seen people throw absolute fits because, despite knowing the loot rules in camps they'd been in for hours, they didn't get what they wanted. What happened between the original release and now? Or were the bads just spread out amongst so many servers before that it was less recognizable.

I've got a few players and a few guilds jotted down that if I'm group lead, or I'm looking for a rep, they won't be welcomed into my group. Sure, it's no big loss for them, but just know that if you're one of those people out there constantly pissing off everyone you run into, there's some of us that will silently go on with life but won't forget about you.

And if people keeping track of the bads disturbs you, you likely just don't like that some are vigilant enough to keep you away.
    Reiker99 and andross77 like this.
  11. AgentofChange Augur

My do not group list includes every single player on the server ;)
  12. Velcoro New Member

Don't blame ya man. Though I'm incredibly under-skilled to box, I fully empathize with the guys running those 6-box armies (or one necro), so much less nonsense to deal with, just comes with a bit higher monthly payment.
  13. AgentofChange Augur

monthly payment? Whatchyu mean? All you kind souls pay for my accounts.