[Agnarr] Which EPiC weapons are a must have and why?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Risiko Augur

Seeing as the Agnarr server opens a new Expansion every 3 months, I thought it would be interesting to have a discussion on which epic weapons as they pertain specifically to the Agnarr server.

Which class epic weapon(s) are a must have, not worth getting, and why?

Remember, this discussion is based SOLELY on the Agnarr server and the fact that it will open Velious in 3 months from now and Shadows of Luclin 3 months after that.

I will start it off...

Class Epic:
    • Cleric epic is a must have.
    Why?
    • The clicky no-mana-cost resurrection is a useful group and raid ability that will be used for all expansions on the Agnarr server.
    ps... yes I am bored at work. Indulge me. ;)
  2. MaestroM Augur

Bard Epic:
    Singing modifier (one of the very few in the game till Elemental)
    Modifiers for all instruments (no other item in the game has this. Saves instrument swapping)

Quite simply it will not be replaced until you gather several pieces of elemental/time gear because of the instrument/singing modifiers.
  3. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Cleric might be the only one
    I'll wait till some does the M-Q for 10 krono or less than jump on it.

Even with hundreds of krono I always feel no item is worth more than 5 krono, maybe 10 krono for an epic.
  4. Kahna Augur

Cleric epic is the only one that will really have usability for the duration of the server. Though it will be replaced as a worn item. The mage epic will be used for the next 9 months, making it worth the effort to get.
  5. Roxas MM Augur

ranger epic is awesome as well. Having the slow proc as a non slow caster can be a lifesaver for sure. It's still in my toolbag of my lvl 90 ranger from when i quit. for raids obviously it's not as hot.
  6. Zanados Lorekeeper

For grouping, yes.

Sadly for raids you cannot use the epic pet- too much aggro generation. MotM hurt mages big time.
  7. Finley Augur

From a raiding perspective only the cleric one is required as it just impacts recovery time so much. From an an individual perspective a lot are mechanically "better" than others, but they're all milestones - most individuals are going to think of their own epic as "required".

On a server like Agnarr some might have use for their entire lifetime. The monk one comes close; but the druid and necro ones definitely hit that. You might not root/dot frequently, but they're both good tools for that even in PoP. Rangers will always be able to use the slow portion of theirs (not sure if there is a better weapon for it by the time POP concludes, but I don't think so). Magician one falls out of use in POP, but its a very substantial increase in player power through Luclin.

And some epics are just so good and so easy it's a no brainer to do them quickly and early anyways, like Ragebringer.
  8. Superdeath Lorekeeper

no, the necro epic is bad once you are in PoP. the clicky class item for necros out of potime is a snare that is actually used thru level 70+. its less than half the cast time, and lasts longer.
  9. Strawberry Augur

10. MaestroM Augur

That's my move, bro.
  11. Sagarmatha Augur

Every player should get their epic weapon out of respect for the game and server.
    MaestroM likes this.
  12. MaestroM Augur

I really think its this.

Epic quests are far and away the best idea that EQ Devs ever had.

Because there are low hanging fruit parts of each quest, it encourages everyone in the game to participate in their epic quest. This makes them extremely personal, rather than a forgettable piece of gear that drops off of a dragon and gets replaced by a later expansion. Not everyone raids nightly, but almost everyone notices when an item or NPC they need for their epic is around.

For me anyways.
  13. Wayylon Augur

Monk epic is a must have.

Even after you upgrade weapons you still always have free 40% spell haste at all times and 100hp gloves with good saves.
  14. Xanathol Augur

SK epic obviously, so you can experience the true joy of EQ - sitting at a quest NPC for hours waiting for him to spawn so you can race other SKs to simply hand in an item since he will despawn when someone does. Doing this once would be legendary but you get to do this twice - now that is what makes this EPIC!
    Bailen likes this.
  15. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

This sounds like an event that should be live streamed for others to enjoy. Don't forget the awesome hashtag!
  16. Bailen Augur

The mage epic is obsolete around PoP? What replaces it?
  17. malaki Augur

The level 61+ pets? And by that point the stats are trash.
  18. jhaimes Lorekeeper

so are you saying the new pets are trash?
  19. Bailen Augur

I think it means it doesn't work on the over 60 pets.
  20. malaki Augur

As a stat stick you replace it in Velious with Staff of the Silent Star. Epic pet becomes outmoded by PoP pets.