Agnarr, Velks: I can't "bear" it :)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Herf, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Ryak Augur

I'm quite certain this is the kind of thing that only took him 5 or 10 minutes, didn't involve having to consult with anybody, etc.
    Herf and Prathun like this.
  2. Prathun Developer

This was the kind of thing that took 5 or 10 minutes, and didn't involve having to consult with anybody, etc. :)
    Kattria Minx and Herf like this.
  3. Machentoo Augur

Now we are not only writing his patch notes for him, but his forum posts too.
    Prathun likes this.
  4. Herf Augur

"These are not the droids you are looking for." :D :D :D
  5. Rhodz Augur

Heheh right, funny what happens when the corp woks get out of the way isn't it.
    I just take the opportunity to present that "valuable dev time" chiding when possible.
    Yeah I know it wasn't you but dang guys.
  6. Prathun Developer

Yeah, I totally get it. When the team explains that we see value in a proposed change but don't have the development resources to tackle it at the moment, that's often the honest answer but it's not the one that'll make anyone happy. And it inevitably leads to follow-up questions about why the team did X instead of Y, especially if X feels frivolous in comparison to Y. The thing is, without an intimate understanding of the team's composition, our varying skillsets, our tools, our process, the complexity of any given task, and our personal lives, the rationale behind any schedule or priority decision is going to look like a baffling mystery. It's my hope that we can demonstrate enough good will to mitigate the assumptions that our decision-making process is coming from somewhere capricious or cruel.
    Kattria Minx, Rhodz, Herf and 4 others like this.
  7. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

We appreciate yall. Most people understand what you are saying. Even if they don't like it.
  8. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Confirmed. Ryak = Prathun
  9. Ryak Augur

I was going to reply 'i wish', but, his software dev job sounds more stressful than mine, mostly due to the whole 'codebase being old enough to vote in the US' thing .

I just recognised a familiar situation: "Oh, you want this conveniently trivial thing? (30 seconds of keyboard sounds) Done. Will be in the next release."
    Herf likes this.
  10. Kahna Augur

I have always assumed that anyone working on an 18 year old video game with its technological epoch of sedimentary layers must be doing so because they despise the game and want to torture the fan base for their own personal enjoyment. Are you saying this is wrong?
    Prathun likes this.
  11. Machentoo Augur

In return, we as a community will volunteer to continue writing your patch notes and forum messages. You know, to alleviate that little bit of pressure and give you more time for what really matters.

We can even take turns making the next big TLP announcement on your behalf. It will be fun. What could go wrong?
  12. Ryak Augur

Ooo ooo can I write it?

Guzzle likes this.