[Agnarr] Universal Chat Down; What Does It Affect?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Your_Ad_Here, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Your_Ad_Here Augur

So the past 2 days, UC has been constantly down for me on Agnarr. When it happens, I notice I can't use certain macros I've made, including one for Advanced Loot and even buffing myself. I've also seen NPC chat that normally has blue bracketed words in it, not have the bracketed words anymore.

Is there anything else that UC affects? Can I only speak in /say and /ooc when it goes down?
  2. Yruc Augur

Do you mean that chat channels link General / Faydwer / Cleric (or what ever class) are missing when you login?

Those channels only support upto 400 people being in the channel at once. So if you login and there are already 400 people in a channel you will not be able to join it. You can try joining it every so often and grab a spot if someone logs out..

just type /join general /join faydwer /join cleric
    If there are 400 people still in the channel, it will show

Channels 1 General(401)
    channel not found
    and then kick you out of that channel, but if it works then it will say
    Channels 1 General (399)

Hope that helps
  3. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

Macros and NPC bracketed text aren't connected to the Universal Chat service. It sounds like you have some connection issues. Most likely your router/firewall is blocking the port that the chat service uses.
  4. Your_Ad_Here Augur

I mean a red text saying Universal Chat is unavailable. And I'll have to check my connection. Macro for healing works but not others, and they were fine 3 days ago. I have to open the macro up, hit accept, then it might work.
  5. Your_Ad_Here Augur

Wanted to take my post from above and make it a bit clearer (sadly the edit timer expired).

No. What I mean is I get the dreaded red text that says something in the order of ... Universal Chat service is unavailable at this time. When that happens, I can only see and chat in /say, /ooc, and /shout.

There was some players speaking about how their ping was over 700, though I have yet to go over 92ms for myself.

When I logged on just now, all but my Kiting macro worked. Then when I tried them again, they didn't. Doesn't make any sense. And they all worked fine 3 days ago.
  6. Your_Ad_Here Augur

So, it seems that when I log into the game, all my macros work once ... then no more through that play through until I log out, then back in.

This makes no sense. I've deleted all my macros, even went through the config file for my character to make sure nothing was there of the macros. I can create the macro, have it work once, then it stops working.

EDIT: Okay ... I think I figured it out.

When I learned Forage, a fellow druid pointed me to find out how to make a Forage macro and bind it to my movement keys (A + D). It seems, when my Forage macro goes off, in that minute or so cool down, I cannot use any of my other macros. Shame.