Agnarr - PoP & Epic 1.0

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Khalifa Kush, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Khalifa Kush Lorekeeper

Hey gang,

Just trying to get an idea on how hard I should work on my epic 1.0. Are the PoP items better? Is the epic 2.0 introduced in PoP?
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

3. Khalifa Kush Lorekeeper

My bad - I'm a druid.
  4. Zapsos Augur

There are definetly better items in PoP than your epic, and Druids 1.0 doesn't have any defining ability on it, so I'd probably skip it.

And Epic 2.0s don't come out until Omens of War, an expansion Agnarr will never reach.
  5. Death Strudel Augur

If your epic involves a red dragon scale (I know yours does not), I would avoid it like the plague.
  6. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Why is that? Naggy should be 6 to 12 man able in velious. I'd think he's being killed 20+ times a week now. Prices should be plummeting
  7. Darchon_Xegony Augur

VT Mace is superior in all ways for stats.

The epic clicky is far less valuable after the DoT revamp greatly increased Magic DoT lines. I suppose one could argue it's more valuable being that it actually stacks but when it's putting up 55 un-focusable DMG/Tick compared to the 170 of ES Vambraces or Velious Bracers or the 450 of PoTime Orb, it's rarely worth the 9 seconds to click especially when you're in PoP.

The LMM Scimitar replaces it to some extent with a stackable 75/tick DoT that casts in 4 seconds.

I did the Druid epic on Agnarr somewhat recently. During Classic/Kunark I did all the corrupted camps, mostly solo except seafury, brownie and seahorse which I had an Enchanter friend help with (they summon). Ended up doing most of the running around and foraging stuff on my own. The EK fight I had help from 1 or 2 people but it's soloable at 60 with a correct bind point. I ended up just buying a Krono for 7k and traded it for a Jade Reaver, but they aren't that bad to deal with a friend or two who can Melee. Ulump I trioed with a crappy 41 Cleric box and a 60 Enchanter. The Cleric box wasn't even necessary if you Charm the correct mob.

Faydedar and VSR I ended up doing with around a group and a half of friends. VSR I got lucky that a pick was spawned for an hour or so after a guild came in to to open world VS.

I'm a big fan of the quest, across Xegony, Quarm, Agnarr, Phinigel, Al'Kabor, P99, and another server I've done at least one Druid epic on each. I'd highly recommend the quest even if the clicky isn't exceptional. It is EverQuest after all! The unfortunate thing on Agnarr is that when you're capped in PoP there is very little incentive to kill open world VS which opens up a day window where VSR might spawn, and it's even less likely you'll get 30-40 toons into KC to spawn a pick after Luclin drops. So if you do decide to do the quest, try to knock out VSR as quickly as you can. The rest of the quest you can easily do on your own time whenever. Once you're into PoP a solid 65+ group with a bard and high MR tank, especially a Paladin with Slay Undead can make short work of Venril Sathir.
  8. Death Strudel Augur

You would think, but prices are sky high. He has been really, really stingy with them. Nortlav is OW only and talendor is too much of a PITA at this stage to be worth the time, although maybe by late Luclin/PoP he won't be.

Actually the high price of naggy scales is the BESt reason to avoid bard/warrior epics right now, because people would rather RMT them than use them (and I can't blame them, for 10kr I would also bring it to Phinny or some other server with a life ahead of it).