Agnarr play nice policy?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Smak, Aug 18, 2017.

1. MaxTheLion Augur

How long would you suggest is the limit for somebody to claim a "camp" and why would you place a limit on another persons play time. How would you designate what is considered the boundaries for a "camp" and why would you place a limit on the capabilities of a person or group to kill. I know of people and guilds who will GLADLY claim a camp indefinitely 24/7 leaving no access to anybody and if your desired outcome were implemented, they'd be doing so within guidelines and without capability to dispute. I understand the alternative can be frustrating at times but very few of the more casual players tend to think of the opposite spectrum.
  2. Gingyr Elder

If you could bottle thse P99 tears, could you resell them to Roegan?
    Punchu likes this.
  3. Accipiter Old Timer

I accept the DPS race rules but

A) I've never tried out out-DPS someone who was already on a camp.
    B) I've never had anyone come in and try to out-DPS me at a camp.

The fact that I accept the "rules" doesn't mean I don't adhere to the play nice policy out of personal conviction.
  4. Machentoo Augur

People keep bringing up server load, but forget the fact that Phinny has more or less the same population while also somehow having unlimited instanced zones for single groups (ldon), and the world has not ended. Yes, I realize that ldons work differently than pickzones or even AoC instances, but the point is that Daybreak DOES have the capability to create fully instanced content for single groups. They/SOE have been doing it in every expansion they have released since about 2004, so it can't exactly be some impossible thing for them to figure out how to do successfully.

Bottom line, they have chosen not to go this route. It isn't technically unfeasible (although possibly the work load it would require is simply too great, who knows...)
  5. Machentoo Augur

Where are these guides going to come from? You cannot be a guide on the same server you play on. I suspect the only people who are remotely interested in holding the hands of agnarr players and resolving pnp issues for you are agnarr players...
  6. Punchu Augur

That's admirable perhaps, but foolish in 2017 Everquest.
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

I'm actually the same way and ive seen these ppl in game. If i figure soneone is gonna be cool and not grief i "play nice" even if i know i can dps win and charm grief. There are definitely ppl like this on agnarr as well as guilds that have the philosophy.
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

Why? It hasn't hurt me in the least.
  9. Artanthos Journeyman

The same place guides came from old-school. Other servers or, in this case, other progression servers. Players on Agnaar who were so inclined, could in turn serve as guides on other servers.

I can guarantee you, no server is going to refuse access to guides that can assist with routine issues, be it due to PNP issues or other mundane problems that tend to arise.

While you may not be the type of person that enjoys assisting others, there are plenty of people still around that do. The problem is, the asshats are given free reign to ruin it for everyone while those that would help enforce a PNP are not given the ability to do so.
  10. MaxTheLion Augur

Hi, New Member. Stick around the forums for a few months and realize why many servers would preferably refuse guides. While it might have been beneficial in the past, the people who would volunteer now are the same white knights that keep making ridiculous posts asking to change everything so they can party like it's 1999. (RIP Prince) They are, quite frankly, very dumb people. I'd rather not give them any power or influence over my game play.
  11. Opimo Journeyman

I enjoy the lack of a PnP on the server. It makes the social aspect of the game much more entertaining.
  12. Finchy Augur

If i recall correctly, the state of CA changed it's rules on volunteers, where companies had to pay those people some sort of wage, at which point SoE at the time decided against doing that. I believe it was around that time that guides started disappearing.

I can't remember the specifics of the rule change, but if they weren't in CA they had to get paid or something like that, and only locals could truly volunteer. I heard that at some point, but don't know how true it is/was of if it even had anything to do with guide program.
  13. Jaxarale01 Augur

And yet, a single group can spawn its on raid zone to exp in... Hate, Fear,Sky...
    Not sure if there is any difference, i mean people use their own Hate instance for exp all the time.
  14. Opimo Journeyman

XPing in a DZ wouldn't be very efficient. The mobs don't respawn.
  15. Amoeba Augur

DPS race is complete and utter rubish honestly. Many classes are made specifically to not be DPS and thus lack the ability to defend themselves against those that wish to grief them. But a "tagged first" system is bleh for outside help and social aspects. I won't pretend I know the perfect solution to this at this time.

Spawning individual instances is also a bit weary. It circumvents one of the purposes of these servers.

The problem is population and the desire to "hurry". 2 weeks into Kunark and everyone wants to have VP key, level 60, and their epic. And then sit and wait for 10 weeks.

I enjoy playing alts. What do I find? Most content is pleasantly populated enough but not psycho crazy right now. It's good. But if you are trying for 60, your epic, or VP key within 2 weeks of Kunark unlock you will of course encounter population issues and the issues that come with it.

I personally hate the made WalMart on Black Friday rush. Not my thing at all. But I won't complain about the people that do, it's existence, etc. I'll simply wait to shop peacefully.

Of course, stay classy everyone. No reason to be mean to each other.
  16. code-zero Augur

I never really understood the great love expressed for super crowded zones while at the same time being upset about players in those crowded zones behaving like a troop of savanna baboons and constantly griefing and begging to have heavy handed semi-official vigilantes come run roughshod over everyone.
  17. Febb Augur

The problem is, those agent of change DZ's aren't actual instances like a normal raid instance or LDoN type of instance. One of the devs commented about that. The overhead is probably higher for the agent of change instances and adding those type of instances for much more content would grind the server to a halt.