Agnarr is the best server in eq’s history .

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by NinjutsuMMO, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Darchon_Xegony Augur

This is truth.

I would trade Agnarr for Al'Kabor in a heartbeat and pay extra to do so even with multiple level 65s on Agnarr.

I miss playing on Al'Kabor.
  2. Leifer69 New Member

If Agnarr wasn't truebox it would probably get many more new players. If they added an new Agnarr-type-server with that ruleset every couple of years then wiped it - merging the players after a couple years into the original Agnarr - I think that would also increase the popularity of that particular ruleset.
    Digler and Pelrond like this.
  3. Madroc Journeyman

Sorry to hear. In reality there's only a handful of guilds here, at least those that still raid/consistently do things. I am not on as much as I used to however much of the guild is, and people with capability to recruit are. By all means, hit us up.

I'm torn, I really would like to experience GoD/OoW again, but this was largely due to my playing on sullon on live and due to the pvp madness in PoP most the server was horribly undergeared (trains mid rathe council are fun) and GoD was an uphill battle. However I do still really enjoy the server and the experiences/friendships I have made over the year and have no reason to stop.
  4. Elskidor Augur

I've been trying to decide on getting back into EQ TLP or P99. I forgot about Agnarr. Might just go back there awhile and bump around.
  5. TLP Addict Augur

I'mma let you finish, but Stormhammer was the best server of all time.

Of all time.
  6. Healiez Augur

Ahhh stormhammer, 3x the cost of a normal server for what 2 extra zones, a handful of special items and a personal gm?
  7. Wengi Journeyman

There were GM events every day, and sometimes multiples per day. There were also a bunch of guilds on rotated content so for some people it was the only way to see end zones, especially those on Firiona Vie who didn't want to join the only 1 guild on the server who raided elemental planes and whos guild leader also ran the RMT market on the server. The leader of Fire and Fury wouldn't let you sell EP tradeskill drops or group outside the guild in elementals, even in GoD so he could have a better hold on the RMT market on ep items, especially bows.

The only annoying thing about Stormhammer was Terethel constantly trying to recruit me to his guild.
  8. Healiez Augur

Interesting, on Fennin Ro 2 guilds were monopolizing elemental content and the gm’s stepped in and made us share. When one of the guilds basically kept breaking the gm enforced be nice and share rules the leader got banned and all the officers suspended.
  9. Elskidor Augur

They really should drop truebox at this point. The server is a few years old and it will never get as popular as it was regardless, but it sure would make it more appealing. Dreading having to hook up these computers again.
  10. Riddish Lorekeeper

Dropping truebox would be a very nice gift to agnarr. Allowing people who do not have access to multiple PCs an opportunity to play a few characters would allow people to have access to more content they want to see. I was able to start a 3rd account recently and I'm glad I did, but I'd be much more comfortable without the laptop in the room, producing heat, taking up physical space, and requiring me to shift my focus and body to hit a few buttons. Also if truebox was removed, I'd probably start my 4th box and consider my group set up complete
    The reason truebox existed on the server no long exists on the server. Remove the truebox, and let my people be free!
  11. Buster_Shruggs Augur

This is why I loved logging into Trakanon. It felt like it was a personal server. The lack of a real player economy was a simple trade off compared to being able to enjoy the game without any drama. The one or 2 box/RMT armies were very easy to avoid. Vox seems like a nice server so far and it has a very healthy player economy.
  12. Buster_Shruggs Augur

Oh wow, your post peaked my interest...what guilds were those? TMO and?
  13. Healiez Augur

Severed

On Fippy as well, citizen and twisted legion were basically monoplizing all the raid content. GMs came in and said come up with a rotation system everyone agrees with or we will make one for you.
  14. Brunlin Augur

Actually, I think they need to make Agnaar free to play like the live servers. This would give the TLP's a free version and a place where new people that want to try playing on a TLP before subbing. In stead of rolling a free toon on live and getting a complete different experience than that they would on the TLP's. It would be good for the 3 guilds on Agnaar as well. If anyone ever got serious and wanted more AA'a than what you can get for free than they would need to sub or if they wanted to play on Aradune after messing around on Agnaar than they would have to sub. I think its a win for everyone.
  15. Garmr Augur

Wrong. The Seventh Hammer was the best server ever. Backwater boomtown during EQ's best days, robust population but not so many as to make it feel to crowded. A few raiding guilds that for the most part were cordial enough with each other (yes yes there were some conflicts) where toxic people where shunned and changed their ways or moved along. Excepting of course Linvarwen, screw Linvarwen. If I can remember your name 21 years later....anyway, yeah great times and memories from back then. Hoping when Miragul gets it's live merge we go to Tunare, as thats where 7th eventually got merged into.
  16. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

No doubt. How can anyone have fun experiencing new content in EverQuest?:rolleyes:

Also, Agnarr is perfect for people who want isolation in a vacuum. A solo player's dream.
  17. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I've been back for a few days, and I will say that at the very least, a lot of raid mobs are dying. I've seen a lot of yellow messages scroll by, not just in the evenings either. It's good to know it's not totally dead, and the bazaar can be hit or miss, but I haven't failed to find the gear I need so far.

Conceptually I'm still happy with what the server is. Live moves too fast, not for most I'm sure, but for the playtime I can commit, too fast. Plus I tend to leave and come back every few years. Having finally hit max level in era for the first time ever (105 in EoK on live), I now come back at 108 with a 115 cap and a few expansions behind. With Agnarr, it won't advance anymore and I can catch up as needed.

It will be slower without mercs and auto-grant, and truebox can be rough even with just a duo, but I'll never be further behind than I am right now. I played when the server opened, and then again for a bit during Velious, and now I'm back to see what what other fun I can have on this server.
  18. ikarinokamii Elder

what i find humorous about this post, is not only does agnarr have way more than 53 people, i would bet that after mangler, ardune, and riz, that agnarr is the most populous TLP server even after 3+ years.
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

Phinny would like to have a word.
  20. Digler Elder

This isn't a half bad idea. Making Agnar free-to-play would also help.

And, Prexus was the best server boys