Agnarr is neat and all, but when is the next Quarm Event?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Bobbybick, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Quarm Event I was really fun for a few weeks (the Event went on way too long overall though), can we expect Event II anytime in 2017 or was this server idea gutted in the favor of just more TLPs?

I nominate TSS for the next event. The first of the level 75 expansions, has a linear leveling path if people choose to stay in the expansion, and group gear is good enough that not too much backgearing in previous expansions is required to beat the raids.

Rewards could be based the following:

Group version:
    Finish the Wanderlust Guild Loadstone to max the aug OR:
    Turn in any 25 pieces for the Charm of Lore

Wanderlust might be a bit too easy since some classes can do the Ashengate exploration solo. My initial thought is that requiring people to get every piece to the Charm of Lore (ignoring raid drops) would open up a lot more possibilities to grief as a good portion of the pieces come from drops from named. Keeping it to 25 pieces means people can choose to avoid certain pieces if they end up being heavily contested and go for a different one.

Raid Version:
    Defeat the Lethar's Final Stand event in Ashengate North OR:
    Defeat the Beltron the Shade King event in Frostcrypt #2.

Maybe 1 title for each event to encourage people to go through both lines?
    snailish likes this.
  2. snailish Augur

Agnarr is early summer, so basically predict between other TLP "bumps" in interest (expac unlocks), anniversary/Fabled, something else special on the calendar, and new expac for live.

Does that make fall 2017 viable?

TSS would be great by the way, creates an excuse to have a level 65 template like the 51/50 from Mayong.*

*I'd still like to see "adjust level" as a creation option on live servers: level 30, 51/50, 65...
  3. Mwapo Augur

It'd actually be pretty neat to lock the next quarm event inside of TSS. Like 10x live exp rate 1-75 race to beat the expansion. No previous expansion content allowed since it is like it's own little self contained world.
  4. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

This sounds like a TOTAL blast.
  5. Machentoo Augur

It would be pretty rough to make it through TSS with no previous expansion raid gear available. You'd have to spend a long time gearing up on earlier TSS raids (fortunately there is a ton of raid content, around 45 total events, by far the biggest raid expansion ever.) Beltron can be gimped still afaik, but you're not going to tank Lethar in group gear, and even just not having access to previous raid augs would make it tough. Even dps and healers would have a hard time just living through the fight without decent gearing. I wonder if there would be enough of a sustained population to push through the challenge.

But TSS in general would be a great point for an event server. Lethar was one of the very first events on Fippy that took more than an hour or so to learn and beat.
  6. Kywen Augur

I thought Quarm was fun, too. I got it all done but haven't claimed the reward yet.. lol. I'd love to see another Quarm event.