Agnarr "Death Death Death!" broken?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by -Denizzen-, Jul 20, 2018.

1. -Denizzen- Lorekeeper

I can't seem to mem any spells on what I selected for my class to be?
  2. Coppercoz Augur

Check your AA’s. You don’t have mem’d spells in monster missions (at least the ones I’ve done)
  3. Accipiter Old Timer

Monster missions suck so bad. This is correct. You get something like 100 AAs to spend and those are your "spells". Once you have made your AA purchases you can save that loadout for the next time you enter hell.
  4. taliefer Augur

i have never understood how anyone thought monster missions were a good idea. we put all this time and effort into our avatars, but hey, here's a blank slate monster you can control! especially monster missions that are tied to progression really irk me. its so dumb.
    snailish, discordkitty and Machentoo like this.
  5. DeseanJackson Augur

Did a number of runs yesterday, seemed to work ok, the spells are just AA hot keys. I thought the overall idea was pretty neat, definitely a fun change of pace, but no actual rewards I could find. We weren't able to beat it, only ever got to Sleepers Tomb but didn't have enough time for all 4 warders. I could see tying it to progression as annoying, but thankfully I don't have to do that on Agnarr.
  6. Ryak Augur

I did remember seeing Agnarr's death on the calendar. I guess it must have been broken since it's still showing on the server list last i checked. :p
  7. HappyPanda Augur

In this case they just autogranted you all of the aa/spells so you don't even choose. The only choice is which ones you actually care to put on hotbars.
    Has been fun running the DDD just for kicks though I don't know of anybody on Agnarr that has beaten it yet. The luck of the draw on item drops seems to mostly determine progress as the same group can run it back to back and get vastly different results depending on which items drop.
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

Ah, cool. My frame of reference is the DoDH monster missions.
  9. Jalarm Jalar

One of the quarm AOEs in the event seems a bit messed up. His infernal flames ability hit everyone for 3k. The other aoes are modified to do less damage.
  10. Ruxx New Member

Please fix quarms fire AoE, it does more damage than most classes have HP in the event.
  11. HappyPanda Augur

I think there was an oversight on that one AE. The rest are reasonably tuned but that one seems way out of theme.
  12. Bananarama New Member

Spent a lot of time working on this, and trying to figure it out. Shame Quarm is bugged or just insanely difficult, and that it only lasts for 2 weeks. Good thing we got like 2 months of gnome races though, right guys?!
  13. Prathun Developer

Checked on Quarm's spell casting info. He appears to use the exact same spells that the PoTime Quarm casts: IDs 3767-3780.

Of those spells, these are the 3k AEs:
    Infernal Flames 3k AE
    Glacier Blast 3k AE
    Venom Blast 3k AE
    Plague Seism 3k AE

There is a bit of randomness to it. There are multiple spells Quarm chooses from each time he breathes. However, the lower Quarm's health, the more likely he is to choose a 3k AE breath attack.
    It appears to be insanely difficult, as opposed to bugged. We can look at extending the duration of the event or making further tuning changes. These would likely not land until the event returns in 2019.
  14. qweasy Augur

If you do make changes, don't forget to remove the ability to use mount / familiar key rings. Some servers having 1k+ more hp and mana than other servers is pretty lame.
  15. Prathun Developer

We do have internal tickets tracking this issue (as well as another similar issue). We hope to address these before next year as well.
    qweasy likes this.
  16. Horyuken Augur

I have not attempted these sadly because I'm so busy :( So i'm not sure what the game board looks like but the QUARM in PoT was doable because 3 of the 4 aoes where blocked by LoS.

Are you able to avoid LoS for healers etc on this version?
  17. Bananarama New Member

I appreciate the feedback, like I said I don't mind it being really hard, but having a bit more time to play with it and see if we can get that randomness to swing our way would be nice.
    Prathun likes this.
  18. DeseanJackson Augur

You are able to LoS from what I've seen, the issue is survivability and time. Being reset to level 50, some classes don't even have 3,000HP to withstand even one AE, and you have to engage at some point obviously because of time constraints. Best I've heard of on Agnarr is getting to Quarm with around 1-2minutes left. I believe it's doable, but extremely tough.

I'd like to see duplicate drops removed if changed for future, why do we need 2 warrior BPs? You can only use one of a lot of stuff and you can only have one of each class. I'd also like to see waiting for the zones to load not count against the event timer, easily lose 2-5minutes waiting for zones to populate/load alone.
  19. Jalarm Jalar

We got to Quarm 3 times last night. One of those times we had 9 minutes left. But, after spending some time setting up, getting full mana, getting all resists buffs on, and trying to do the pull just right he used his 3k damage fire aoe several seconds after we fully engaged killing 3 people instantly. It was a disappointing end to all the lead up.
  20. dentalplan lisa needs braces

Are the warders even killable without getting lucky with melee weapon drops? They had crazy high regen every time I tried this.