Agnarr - Day 1 Halfling Rangers? :D

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gnomey, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Gnomey Journeyman

I haven't been able to find too much information on this....

Do...we get day 1 halflin rangers? -sparkles- And are spells spread out through each level instead of starting at level 9 for hybrids?

It would be even better if they let us have gnome rangers though.........you know you want to......
    Wayylon likes this.
  2. Sillyfish Elder

It starts at classic, that means you get spells at 9 like normal.

No gnome rangers. No halfling rangers.
  3. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

4. Wayylon Augur

So dumb locking classes/races behind expansions at this point.

All race/class combos should be available from day 1, along with Beastmaster, and Berserker should also be added.
  5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

6. nagash101 Augur

yes i agree with that, they need to add the Beastmaster and Berserker at launch. Not being able to make a Berserker ever on Agnarr really sucks.
    Wayylon likes this.
  7. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

I dont think zerker would be able to complete their 1.0 ever though. Not sure if that would be an issue.
  8. Wayylon Augur

It wouldn't be an issue in my opinion. The Berserker 1.0 has a kinda OP ratio anyways and there are plenty of good 2handers once Velious hits (I haven't played a TLP so no idea on what version of VP weapons are in).

So ya for the first few xpacs Berserkers would kind of suck (I think anyone rolling a Zerker would know and be fine with this), but this is a PoP locked server they would be fine in final iteration.
  9. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

There's decent enough 2handers from raids/groups that Zerkers could use in each expansion. The class would be kind of a joke in terms of dps compared to Monks with their OP epic fists, but if people want to play with a handicap then whatever.

Just a few examples of group/raid weapons.

Classic
    Blackened Alloy Bastard Sword
    Soul Leech, Dark Sword of the Brood

Kunark
    Blackstone Maul
    Herbalist's Spade
    Argent Protector

Velious
    Palladius' Axe of Slaughter
    Exquisite Velium Claidhmore

Again, they would still be a very handicapped class as their damage doesn't start to become decent until Omens era, but the itemization is certainly there in the earlier expansions.

FWIW they even have their own velious armor questlines, that I don't even know if anyone has ever done. Why would anyone go back and grind Velious faction for mediocre armor once Gates hits? There was essentially zero info on these quests on Alla until I did a bunch of Velious quest merges a few months ago and noticed there was an extra giant/drake/dwarf with no information attached to them.
  10. Wayylon Augur

I think they would be fine once they have PoP AAs: +21% chance to flurry, +50% hit damage, +96 Frenzy dmg bonus, +198% crit, etc.
  11. Razzle Augur

They opened with those class/race combos on one progression server then they dialed it back and took it away and just let the people who had already made those keep them.
  12. snailish Augur

I think the first thing it comes down to "are these global settings?". Agnarr is likely going to be a unique ruleset that isn't repeated... with the slight chance of a later-lock server being added at some point. I wouldn't be betting on 5 Agnarr-style servers being active at the same time. I doubt dev effort is spent on ruleset changes that diverge from global settings that aren't among the current "flip the switch" settings like FV loot code.

race/class combos assigned to various eras I would guess yes they are global. (with the caveat that once upon a time the one zek server offered some unique race/class/deity options... so was that done globally switching something, or did that server run on its own requiring extra dev maintenance?)

Berserker tied to GoD I suspect yes this is global.

So then it comes down to "Does changing this have a negative impact on Live and/or any other future progression ruleset".

In these cases... no impact on live. If future progression servers wish to relive the beast and Ber reroll bump when the expac goes live... then yes there is an impact. I suppose the dev team could ask themselves "Do we gain more sub $ holding off on these two classes, as we have been doing, or is there more value moving forward by all classes available at launch?"

Race/class combos adds a layer to the question of... "How much $ in racechange potions do we lose allowing all race/class combos from launch?"

Progression is not a replica replay of exactly how it was, so smoothing things and making improvement is reasonable. A more replayable, fun game = more $. If making no change is more $... we can post about the change repeatedly but it likely won't happen.
  13. Wayylon Augur

If money is the issue I have no problem paying a fee to unlock Beastlord at start and making Berserker playable.

They could even charge more for Zerker because you only have to wait a few months for Beastlord.

Early unlock race changes would make them money too...
  14. Brunlin Augur

Halfling ranger and gnome paladins come in at the same time that the newbie racial/class armor does. @ POP
  15. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Both class/race combos unlock at the start of Luclin on TLP servers.
  16. Brunlin Augur

I stand corrected
  17. Rhodz Augur

I always thought they made far too much work for themselves just making the game worse on TLPs.

I would have tuned it to geography being expansion locked and using the game mechanics in live form.
    Sure some work involved, in fact a lot but far less than this confusing and difficult model now.

Yeah some race-class combos missing at first, but thats ok those lands have not been discovered yet, but a Wood Elf BL is better than no BL and the extended targeting is just to die for...some of these changes were just great and should not be lost to TLPs just because of xpak nonsense.
  18. Machentoo Augur

Play a different server? There are something like 15 servers where you can play a Zerker, and 1 where you can't...