Agnarr Community Voice Server is UP and other stuff

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Razzle, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Razzle Augur

The Agnarr Community Voice Server is up. Got to agnarr.com and click on the Agnarr Community Voice Server button on the menu and it will take you to the voice server. You must register with your email if you are not a Discord member. After that, the link on the agnarr.com site will take you straight there.

The Agnarr Community Voice Server has the following Voice channels:

Lobby- holds 99 people.

LFG Channel- holds 99 people. If you are LFG just hang out here and when someone from a group pops in the channel they will ask for DPS/TANK/Healer between this lvl and that lvl and you go down to the room channel they are in.

Guild Raid Channels: There are 10 of these channels. Each channel holds 99 people. If you are a raid leader just let me know and I will promote you to Raid leader and you can use any of these channels and have control over the one you occupy.

Grouping rooms: There are 485 rooms available to the public. Each hold 6 people.

Text Channels

Lobby text channel. Can use this for general chat.

Guild Recruitment text Channel: You can post your Guild’s recruitment add in the text channel and it stays there forever. You don’t have to keep pushing it up or bumping like EQ forums, people can scroll up and down.

Auction text channel: If you are a seller just post what you got for sale and the price. If you don’t know the price just say HAGGLE. Buyers can scroll up and down to see if they want something, if they do them PM the seller here on this server or contact them in game. The post stays there forever until the seller deletes after it is sold. Using this method eliminates standing around and spamming in EC tunnel. If it is a high price ticket item you might want to put it on the agnarr.com bazaar forum as well to get more exposure. I suggest using this Auction text channel even after the Bazzar opens for rare or pricey items because people may not be aware they are for sale in the bazzar if it is not a commonly searched for item.

We have added a chat box to the Agnarr.com site. The chat is located in the lower right hand corner, so anyone logged into the server can chat with each other.

We are currently working on adding two subforums for the Guild Recruitment section of the site. One is Progression Kill board, which I am looking it several options. I might just have to use a simple one until I can find something cooler.

The second form is the Epic Hall of Fame. This will be were people that complete their epic can post their screenies with their new toys. The server firsts will be pinned to the top.

We may add a Agnarr wiki at a later date. Most of the good ideas come from players. If you have any suggestions send me a PM. If is doable, we will try it.

We are trying to help people get the most of their EQ experience online with this new server. We hope to achieve these for a long time to come.
    Rhodz likes this.
  2. Storm Lord Agnarr Journeyman

A few suggestions:

1. You need moderators.
    2. Way too many voice channels. The raid channels will probably never be used. I'd be surprised if more than one or two group channels are needed.
    3. Muted AFK voice channel that automatically dumps people in there after they've been AFK for a certain amount of time.
    4. Maybe add a text channel for rules and a channel for people to share their twitch streams.
    5. You mentioned spending money on this. I don't know what that means but one of the great things about discord is that nobody needs to be spending a dime on it.
  3. Storm Lord Agnarr Journeyman

4. Razzle Augur

I need volunteers before I can have moderators. The Channels are there if people want to use them. Better to have a lot than not enough. I will set up an AFK channel. Money is for addons, but they didnt have any that would really be benefical.
    MBear likes this.
  5. eqenthusiast1983 Elder

Razzle I think you are personally more hype about agnarr than anyone else, and I have to say I love it.

I am pretty hype about it myself. I think it's going to be more geared to those of us non super hardcores who want to experience it one more time, on our terms. And we love our PoP of course. Hopefully a lot of the toxics will stay away from agnarr.
    Grisnkh, Rhodz and MBear like this.
  6. Razzle Augur

I am pumped for sure. I agree with you. Seems like there are aways be people that will be unhappy though, that kinda bums me out. But I will look on the brightside of things and hope for the best regardless of any negativity.
  7. Kahna Augur

Fewer grouping rooms that hold more people. What if a group of friends wants to hang out while they all do their own thing. What if you need to get the replacement guy in and you need to talk him to the camp.
  8. Razzle Augur

Good point. I will see what I can do. Thanks.
  9. Baulkin Augur

Awesome job getting the discord setup! I love the idea of the AFK channel pulling people out of general who are AFK for excessive amounts of time.
  10. Razzle Augur

Thanks! I am trying to get all this stuff done before the server opens, because I will be playing long hours when it opens, heh.
  11. Razzle Augur

Bumpage ... come register on agnarr.com!
  12. Dandy Augur

Did this server ever take off? If it's being used I'd like to join up. All the links I've found are expired.
  13. Snoochi New Member

https://discord.gg/gyv26hf try this link. it's fairly active, over 100 users online currently.
  14. Dandy Augur

That sounds healthy! Thanks.
  15. Brelic Elder