Agnarr Community Forums now active

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Razzle, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Razzle Augur

I created a private forums for the Agnarr Community. Just register and you will have access to all the agnarr forums. Only the general forum is visable to people that don't register, and you can not post until you do register.

http://www.agnarr.com

Cheerios!
  2. Razzle Augur

Please feel free to add comments on things you would like to see added to the Agnarr Community website on the website. I will probably add a list of guilds and possibly a guild progression section for those active raiding guilds if people want that type of stuff. I own the server and website, so it will be open as long as the Agnarr server is to service the Agnarr community.

Make sure you register or you will only see 1 forum and you can't post until you register either.
  3. Pikallo Augur

Good luck, I hope they do well. Private TLP community forums have historically been pretty desolate.
  4. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Hopefully they do well. If no one else is already planning on doing it, you are probably going to want a boss kill board (a la phinnykills.com) which gives people a good reason to drop by.

That looks like a clash of clans background, I think? You might wanna stick to EQ art, idk.
  5. Storm Lord Agnarr Journeyman

I agree with the kill board suggestion as well as the background art.

Here's an album of official EQ box art that you might find handy:

http://imgur.com/a/r4PCf
  6. steiner Augur

locked and loaded. wish the devs were on this level rn.
  7. Razzle Augur

I was looking through the border templates, unfortunately iclans doesnt have anything EQ specific. I am not a programmer, I just use templets provided. It doesn't allow you to alter the templates with other pictures. I changed the background templates to something else that looks okay.

I will have guild information about each guild and what boss they are currently working on, but nothing as elaborate as phinnykills.com. That is beyond my skill set. Now if someone else wanted to do something that complex, I could attached it too http://www.agnarr.com.

I have seen some private community forums succeed. It all depends on the players on the server. The forums here at everyquest dont separate the progression servers from each other. A lot of players want their own server forums, some dont care. I willing to go the distance for Agnarr players if they are willing to use the Agnarr Community forums that I have created for them. It will be a great place to talk about all things Agnarr.

Another thing I was thinking about doing was everytime a guild makes a progression kill they can send me a screenshot and I will post it on the front page news. I was going to do the same thing for first epics. There are so many cool ideas we can do with our own community server.

So go register and start up some thread discussions today. At least there, your Agnarr threads wont get buried in the sea of other non-agnarr topics.
    MBear likes this.
  8. Kinlin Lorekeeper

Nice, I like this.
  9. Razzle Augur

My PM box got lit up, there is definately interest in this idea. Just go and start threads up on the forums the more active it looks the more people will use it. Adding a GUILD photo section also.
  10. Kolamer Journeyman

Don't forget about the first community site for the Agnarr server located at reddit.com/r/agnarr
  11. Razzle Augur

I will be adding contests for screenshots, coolest avatar, and some server first boss kills in classic with krono prizes. By the time I get finished with it, it will be a really nice community site.
    MBear likes this.
  12. Kinlin Lorekeeper

It already looks great. I've watched you update it like crazy in the past few hours, since i saw this post.
  13. Razzle Augur

14. Razzle Augur

I will be adding a lot of stuff over the weekend. Stuff like ERA specific information on classes, tradeskills, quests and such so people can find all the stuff on the forums instead of having to search the internet for it. There are some other suggestions from people that I will be adding as well.

If you have not registered for the Agnarr Community Forums, come join us today as we prepare for the server opening. http://www.agnarr.com
  15. Lolthorn Lorekeeper

Does anyone else get the feeling that Razzle is trying way to hard to promote his forum? Also, why is that forum even needed when we already have these boards and the Agnarr subreddit which is already established?
  16. Kolamer Journeyman

Exactly! The short answer is that his site is not needed! By creating yet another community site, he/she is doing nothing but fragmenting the Agnarr community. Does it also seem weird like they are trying to buy people by holding Krono's in front of them and saying "You could have this if you register here!"

Lets not ruin the Agnarr community before it even begins. This site and r/Agnarr are all that we need.
  17. Reht The Dude abides...

There are plenty of reasons not to use these boards and many of us don't waste our time with reddit.
  18. Vanrau Augur

A subreddit can't do many things that an actual website where you can develop new code to support player needs. These TLP forums are a mess with way too much garbled information about several servers. If they would split them off into their own sub forums that would help.
    Xanathol likes this.
  19. MBear Augur

It made sense when TLP wasn't getting as much forum traffic and there were fewer servers to have the single forum. Now that there are many different issues, some of which only relate to certain TLP servers, it would make sense to have some subforums here at DBG. That probably isn't all that likely to happen so having another forum option available specifically for Agnarr is nice.
    I don't really care for reddit though I am aware that many use it extensively.
    It makes sense to promote a forum pretty hard and fast early on. If everyone who looks sees no activity, they aren't as likely to check back. Once (if) it gets established that isn't usually a problem.
    Xanathol likes this.
  20. Kinlin Lorekeeper

100% agree with the above 2 posts