Agnarr.com and Agnarr Discord Server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Razzle, May 8, 2017.

1. Razzle Augur

First I would like to thank the people that have been helping out on both the Agnarr.com and Agnarr Community Discord server projects. It is almost that time Agnarrians! We added some features to both projects and may add some more later depending on how much time I have. I could use another helper if someone is interested, just PM me on Agnarr.com . Since this is not stickied, I recommend copying and pasting it somewhere else, before it falls off the front page. I have a lot going right now, I might forget to bump it once in a while. Feel free to give bumpage.

Agnarr Community Discord Voice+Text Server. For those of that have not registered yet, you must register with your email if you are not a Discord member. There is a link on agnarr.com to the discord server. Below is the direct link.

Direct link: https://discord.gg/MfQKBcQ

The Agnarr Community Voice Server has the following Voice channels:

Lobby- Open to anyone.

LFG Channel- LFG without being in the game. If you are LFG just hang out here and when someone from a group pops in the channel they will ask for DPS/TANK/Healer between this lvl and that lvl and you go down to the room channel they are in. We also have a text LFG if you want to watch TV or do things around the house while you wait for group (see below).

Guild Raid Channels: There are 10 of these channels anyone can use for pick-up raids or joint raids or whatever. The channels are open. If you want to use a raid room and want to keep people out of your raid room send me a message and I will promote you to raid leader. This gives you booting power.

Grouping rooms: Lots of exp group rooms available. Yes, when I bored I create rooms, so don't laugh at the number of rooms.

Text Channels
    Discord has an app for cell phones so you can monitor the following channels without being in the game... from any cell phone or any device you want to use.

Lobby text channel.Can use this for general chat. People are mostly using text right but I am sure voice channels will be used heavily when the server opens.

LFG channel: This is perfect for LFG offline. Just put the app on your phone to monitor it while you do things around the house or whatever.

Guild Recruitment text Channel: You can post your Guild’s recruitment add in the text channel and it stays there forever. You don’t have to keep pushing it up or bumping like EQ forums, people can scroll up and down. Right now people are using this channel to hook up with other people to form new guilds also. Agnarr.com also has guild recruiting section and a Guild Server Register.

Auction text channel: Offline auctioning is nice. If you are a seller just post what you got for sale and the price. If you don’t know the price just say HAGGLE. Buyers can scroll up and down to see if they want something, if they do them PM the seller here on this server or contact them in game. The post stays there forever until the seller deletes after it is sold. Using this method eliminates standing around and spamming in EC tunnel. If it is a high price ticket item you might want to put it on the agnarr.com bazaar forum as well to get more exposure. I suggest using this Auction text channel even after the bazzar opens for rare or pricey items because people may not be aware they are for sale in the bazzar if it is not a commonly searched for item. You can use this to shop without have to be in the game.

Agnarr.com

We have added a chat box to the Agnarr.com site. The chat is located in the lower right hand corner, so anyone logged into the server can chat with each other.

Progression kills for any guild will be posted on the front page news in the order they are received.
    We subforums for the Guild Recruitment section of the site. One is Progression Kill board, which I am looking it several options. I might just have to use a simple one until I can find something cooler. Even better if I could find another assistant to take care of this.

Added an Epic Hall of Fame. This will be were people that complete their epic can post their screenies with their new toys. The server firsts will be pinned to the top.

We are trying to help people get the most of their EQ experience online with this new server. We hope to achieve these for a long time to come.
    Brunlin likes this.
  2. Razzle Augur

Bumpage for Agnarr! WooWoo!
  3. Razzle Augur

14 more days! Go Agnarr!

PS. there are several new guilds trying to form on Agnarr Discord, if you are interested in getting in on the ground floor of a Guild.
  4. Razzle Augur

We now have several guilds now listed on the Agnarr Discord server. There are also some players LF a guild for Euro and Aussie time zones. Just go to the Agnarr Discord Server for more information and players chatting.
    Brunlin and Kinlin like this.
  5. Razzle Augur

We got someone doing the kill board for agnarr, so now we got agnarr community site, discord and kill board going. Agnarr Community Discord is becoming the central communication hub for the server. If you are planning on playing on Agnarr, we highly recommend you sign up on the Discord and chat with all the other players that are there now. Guilds are being formed as you read this post. There is a guild recruitment section there where guilds are looking for players as well.
    Brunlin likes this.
  6. Dandy Augur

Bump.

Would you guys consider allowing people to link things like Agnarr streams and other community building things in the community discord?

Saw one of your mods come into a stream this evening and give the streamer a hard time for it.
  7. Dandy Augur

BTW, not trying to be a dbag. Just seems like the community hubs of past TLP servers were more community-oriented than they are for Agnarr.

Props on linking agnarrkills.com!
  8. Ellis Elder

Im confused, what was the streamer doing exactly that he got chastized for?
  9. Dandy Augur

She linked her stream in discord. They came into the stream and told her not to do that.

Ironically there was a Zurdula advertisement in the stream shortly after. Lol.
  10. Machentoo Augur

Why would they not want people to link streams in discord? Seems like that's exactly the sort of thing it is there for--to build community interaction.
  11. Basak Augur

It is silly to not permit the streams on discord provided it doesn't get out of hand and spammy.
  12. Razzle Augur

Okay lets not start spreading fake news. The only AD Zurdula has in the the Guild Recruiting Section like the other guilds. No need to start guild bashing. The moderators on Agnarr Discord are from many different guilds. There was some confusion about the rules I had posted.

The rules regarding streaming video were not made clear enough, that is my fault. I have since clearified them. I have an off topic section for videos. I dont want videos posted in the lobby. I told the person in question, they may post them there. That is what the section was created for.

Lets not derail the community. The server hasnt even opened up yet heh. Things will pop up, I will try to be address them as fairly as possible. I selected moderators from many different guilds in hopes that we can solve issues together, instead of targeting my guild tag which has nothing to do with this.

Instead of running to the EQ forms to create a debate about an issue, lets solve it on the Discord together. I am a very reasonable person. Trying to make the masses happy is no easy task, there will always be someone not happy. Voicing the unhappiness here will not fixed the problem there.

I created the discord for Agnarr because I want the community to succeed. I am a 52 year old man that has volunteered to do these things for the players on Agnarr as long as it doesnt stress me out. I certainly dont want my guild being bashed every time some issue comes crops up on discord just because it happens to be my guild tag. That is not what I signed up for. I already take enough heat just for being a Guild Leader of a Large guild.

You should all know by now, I have high hopes for the server, there are no "Hidden Agendas".
  13. Razzle Augur

Ps. I dont mind doing the job for you guys, I just hope you dont drive me bananas in the process. ;)
  14. Dandy Augur

Sorry for offending you, Razzle. I wouldn't want your job. Running a website, a voice server and the biggest guild on the server sounds like a massive pain in the butt.

I got annoyed with your mod. I've been involved in a community hub in the past and it's just not how we ran things. I guess I didn't have to make this suggestion publicly but it seems that it actually did make a difference.

Lastly, I don't want to have a debate, but calling something fake news doesn't erase it from having happened. As far as I know you were not in the stream. I don't think there was a "hidden agenda". I simply found it hilarious that somebody came in recruiting for Zurdula afterwards. It's not a conspiracy or fake news, it's just an amusing coincidence.

Now lets just relax and enjoy the weekend.

Bumperooski! ;)
    Brunlin likes this.
  15. Razzle Augur

Oh, must of missed that tid bit. I was PMd bombed after the ant hill had been been stirred up because of the video thing, because the video rule was to vague. I fixed the problem. Zulus are not suppose to be recruiting in the lobby, I must get out the whip and deal with that issue. Unfortuately, I am not all knowing.... at least outside of my own head.:)

Dont worry about it my brother. Just get ready to rumble, Agnarr is incoming.

Thanks for bumpage! Agnarr Forever RAWWWWW!!!!!!
    Dandy and Brunlin like this.
  16. Razzle Augur

Bumpage. We added couple features to The Agnarr Community Discord, like LF port channels voice and text so you can do stuff offline while LF a port.

If you plan on playing on Agnarr, sign up on the Community Discord, it is the communication hub for Agnarr. You can do auctions from any device, ports, find a guild, talk to other players, use the exp group voice rooms, Raid Channels for joint raids or pug raids, etc etc.

17. Lolthorn Lorekeeper

Don't forget about the Agnarr Reddit page as well! A lot of people said it wasn't going to last, but it is up to almost 400 subscribers. Even DBG knows it is a useful tool for the community! They posted a link to it the other day on the official EQ FB page.

The Agnarr page can be found at https://www.reddit.com/r/Agnarr/
  18. Carns Lorekeeper

Because by very definition these wannabe kardashians will be spammy. #watchmeplaya20yearoldvideogame every 30 seconds. They cannot help themselves.
  19. Razzle Augur

Added Reddit link to Agnarr.com

People are making Pre-Made groups for the Agnarr launch in the LFG text channel. Come find you a group before the launch on the Agnarr Community Discord. Please read the Agnarr Discord rules before posting.

20. Razzle Augur

There guilds and people LF groups, pre-mades, guilds and general chat on the Agnarr Community Discord. Sign up before the server opens.