Agnarr - Cleric Starter Gear

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dystopiandream, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Dystopiandream New Member

Hi everyone, I just started back after a very, very long time away (stopped when LDON came out), now with a cleric on Agnarr. I'm having trouble remembering and searching for a clean list of basic, cheap cleric starter equipment that I can shoot for while leveling. I remember the banded armor set, but that's about it. Any advice would be appreciated, and sorry if this has been posted before; I didn't see it anywhere.
  2. RandomStrategy Augur

I don't know what your budget is, but:

Savant's Cap +3 wis (last I saw was 50pp)
    Split Paw Hide Gloves +2 wis (I have spare pair I can just give you to clean out my bank)
    Some weapon (I think I have a Cold Iron Morningstar I can just give you)

Charred Guardian Shield (it's the big one, I think they're going for 1k or less now)
    (Alternative: I have a shield of kurn or a shiny brass shield I think if you want it)

Banded armor (I'll make you a set)

Polished Bone Bracelets are pretty cheap, last I remember +3 wis.

Hit me up in game later tonight (I'm playing D&D after work, so around 10 or 11 PM Central Standard).

Edit: I may have a spare set of silver jasper rings and earrings +2 wis each (earrings may be +1, I forget).
    Kattria Minx likes this.
  3. Accipiter Old Timer

Bracers of the Reverant are good. Last I saw they were around 500pp. Might not be easy to find, though. The quest is easy, albeit time consuming waiting for the trigger to spawn. The mobs you have to kill are around level 30 so you can't do it until later.
  4. Yruc Augur

5. RandomStrategy Augur

NEVERMIND -> I'm sleepy and misread a name of an item....good grief on me.
  6. Dystopiandream New Member

Wow, thank you everyone for the advice. I am playing a dwarf cleric of Brell Serillis.

RandomStrategy thank you! Very, very much appreciated.
  7. Death Strudel Augur

Other than the snobs and farmers who want to try to pump up the krono economy, the reality is you can do 1-50 with just banded. I did, no issues . You can get banded for cheap, sometimes as low as 1pp/ac. You won't even need that until level 25 or so (later, if you are maniacal about your agro).

The only gear you will ever get that really helps group chain pull leveling is flowing thought, and that won't be in game in appreciable quantities until Luclin. For raids where massive burst healing is an issue, your guild can run you through hate and get you a set of ethereal mist, should take 2-3 full clears depending on luck.

You can of course load yourself down with BAMs and GEBs and all sorts of nonsense, but it will be hard to camp for due to farmers blocking spawns, and will cost stupid money and will not be that useful. I would use that money for greater concentration pots and distillates instead, that is far more helpful to levelling and group content.
  8. RandomStrategy Augur

BAMs don't drop anymore (just FYI for anyone reading this and wanting one). They'll return with Velious launch.

GEBs are still a pain in the with usually one camp.