[Agnarr] Class challenge

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Twong, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Twong Journeyman

Which class would you say is top 3 in hardest to get to level 60 on Agnarr?
    Might make sense to make two lists: Twinked and get own gear.

Own gear:
    1. ranger
    2. paladin
    3. wizard

Twinked:
    1. ranger
    2. paladin
    3. druid

>What do you think?
  2. AgentofChange Augur

3. welly321 Elder

what did I just read.
  4. Twong Journeyman

Sorry if I am not clear. I am wondering which class would be hardest to level to 60 on the Agnarr server. Which class would be the biggest challenge. Then I presented my own thoughts on two top 3. Twinked and get your own stuff.
  5. Jaxarale01 Augur

Druids would be tough once you get past 53 or so... I have leveled several classes to 60 and spent 53 to 60 at Juggs and never seen a druid in any group I have had there.
  6. AgentofChange Augur

Leveling is dependent on how much help you have. Your class is more or less irrelevant, so the thread is silly.
  7. Twong Journeyman

Then add new to server, no friends and no guild...
  8. Machentoo Augur

That would be whoever can make friends the quickest then... Not like you level to 60 in a vacuum.
    snailish likes this.
  9. snailish Augur

solo iksar warrior untwinked would be pretty difficult. Soloing any warrior or rogue untwinked to 60 on progression is pretty self-sadistic.

I did an Iksar beast limited to Luclin once with only own drops and solo to 51. It was fun, and really slow if you like that sort of thing. Gearing up was particularly a roadblock/timesink.

Wizards and druids can both solo. Kiting = okay to have lousy gear (though better to have good gear) so I don't think they are on the worst 3 list.

Melee will be the worst in your scenario: warrior, rogue, paladin in my view though not many will succeed in soloing an untwinked cleric very far either.

The classes "good" in your scenario will still have tons of down time medding up small mana pools or their HP (for example monks are strong, but bare fists and bad gear won't let you solo fast XP 30+ due to the hits you take from dark blue + mobs).

If you aren't soloing... then it boils down to are you good at grouping with good groups? Xp is way faster on progression in groups, and good groups don't have massive downtime.
  10. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

Not sure how you came to the conclusion that a class with roots,dots, the best results with a bow, and the ability to tank 1-60 would be the hardest to level.
  11. Kutsuu Augur

Not to mention snare, SoW, and animal fear. It gets harder 50+ in Kunark but Velious brings animals to 60.
  12. HoodenShuklak Augur

Hardest to get 60 is honestly based on desirability. Unless you want to solo.

Because a clr soloing to 60 from scratch would be rough. But the way the game is played they could be naked to 60 very quickly. And ultimately no gear would not hinder them all that much.
    snailish likes this.
  13. Deadshade Augur

You forgot to add if it is solo or in groups which is by far more constraining than Equipment .
    If it is solo, everybody knows the classes that can't solo very far rogues , warriors , clerics, paladins .
    If it is in groups, then perhaps rogues and wizards with reservations ..

For instance I see every day levelling groups looking for tanks so that a paladin has not many difficulties to find groups . In a lesser way it is also true for correctly equipped rangers .
  14. Death Strudel Augur

Wizards are I think #1, twinked or not. They have crazy burst damage, but groups want consistent, steady damage for hours at a time. No gear will give them that. Mages and Necro's are preferred for similar roles. People will actively avoid wizards, I've seen it often to the point of choosing any other class. The irony being that Wizards are in high demand for raids, where mages are highly undesirable due to MoTM.

Druids have a hard time when an expac drop, all the clerics will be online levelling and take their healing spot. That turns Druids into wizards without the crazy burst damage, who needs that. However, as we have seen, once clerics get to 60 they do not log in anymore except to raid, opening the floor to druids.

Untwinked, right now, I think any melee class except monks & bards will have a rough go. They may get groups, but when the dps isn't high and the chain pulling is too slow, the group will suddenly decide they need to log.

Shaman just don't have a place in life right now. Their damage takes too long for groups to see, their heals are weak, and their buffs while in some cases the best, don't shine where it counts. But when really pinched, later in an expac when the clerics are playing alts, shaman can get a job healing in a camp that isn't best xp or top tier.

Twinked, any melee should have an easy time getting groups. DPS is consistently high, they're rugged and in some cases (tanks) essential. Preference is still monks>rogues>ranger, and no one will take a tank in a dps role. But I've never seen someone turn down a ranger if their choice was a wizard.

This is all based on desirability, it says nothing about the population imbalance of the server. Clerics, CC and to a lesser extent tanks continue to be required but are not favorite classes so they get fast groups. I play both a cleric and an enchanter, I had both to 60 before many dps friends got their first to 60 and I'm a filthy casual.

Twinked:
    1. Wizards
    2. Shaman
    3. Druid

Untwinked:
    1. Wizards
    2. Shaman
    3. Any melee except monks and bards
  15. Kiaro Augur

Rogue is the hardest class to level in all situations.
    I can't think of any other class that would have a "hard" time to get to 60, possibly longer but about anyone else can solo at least light blues to keep XP moving.
  16. Zefirus Journeyman

I find that hard to believe. I was able to get a crypt group no problem. People see rogues as a non downtime dps class. They can keep going and seldom take hits. they can also pull if needed. In seb particularly, they are good to group with because 1. They can pick crypt door 2. they can stealth to camps easily including juggs if they can get passed the see invis routes. 3. many get their epics early into 50's which make them kickass dmg dealers. They also get a boost to xp and if you bundle them into the hafling race, they get even more.