Agnarr - better than Phini?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Benedictous, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Benedictous Journeyman

So just got recommended this server on reddit and was trying to figure out if it was worth another go after I decided Phini wasnt for me. I felt that
    1) XP was too slow
    2) Grouping was rather discouraged to preserve XP gains
    3) Solo classes were gutted so they were forced to group (51% of damage if I remember right)
    4) Root/DoT for shamans and druids was broken? (fuzzy on this one)
    5) Weren't mana gains or something really low too?

If anyone has some insight into my concerns I would really appreciate it.
  2. Benedictous Journeyman

I need a herooooo... with answers :p
  3. Karanthal Augur

1) XP was too slow
    Agnarr XP is faster - the first players hit level 50 within the first week. Took me about 4 weeks though.

2) Grouping was rather discouraged to preserve XP gains
    3) Solo classes were gutted so they were forced to group (51% of damage if I remember right)

Not sure what you are getting at there with 51% of damage? Anyway, group xp is best on both servers as it is on live. XP can still be made solo.

4) Root/DoT for shamans and druids was broken? (fuzzy on this one)

Pass, I play a druid on agnar and a shammy on phinigel, have had no problems with snare/root. DoTs for those classes have been revamped across all servers with the intention of stopping spells from the same line stacking and increasing the damage of the higher spell.

5) Weren't mana gains or something really low too?

There's no out of combat regen so yeah its slow compared to live. But its quick compared to classic, I particularly remember quad kiting in cobalt scar with my druid then spending 15 mins afk to med every 4 mobs (why did I even stick with the game after that torture??)
  4. Yruc Augur

People playing only on Agnarr would say Agnarr and people only playing on Phinigel would say Phinigel. Play on both and have twice the fun :)

1. Per Ngreth XP levels on servers- Currently: Live>RF=AG>PH
    2. No problems grouping on Agnarr. ( I haven't heard of any problems on Phinigel)
    3. Solo classes can still solo, they have to do at least 1 damage to a monster to get credit for it, if a monster is killed by just damage shield then the person will not get xp from it. 51% has to do with who gets credit for killing a mob. If you have 2 people fighting over a mob, then who ever does 51% of the damage will win the contest (most people respect "camps" but Daybreak has said there is no such thing as camps and if people are fighting over a mob, then who ever does the 51% damage gets credit XP and loot)
    4. Yes they changed the way dots stack. With druids you could stack all of the swarm dots together for some nice DPS. They changed it so only the highest version of the spell cast does the damage, BUT if you have 2 druids in the group, they both can use the same dot and have it stack.
    5. Mana gains better than classic that is for sure, the lowest level mana spell is clarity (until Kunark) at level 26 enchanters get, but alchemist can make and sell concentration pots which help and are not not real expensive, also from the DB store for about 3 bucks you can buy a 4 hour mana regen pot that will last through death.

I wasn't here for the launch of Phinigel, but I am playing on Agnarr and having fun. Something to also consider with your choice between the two is

Phinigel - This server started out as classic and is currently at Lost Dungeons of Norrath and will continue to the latest one so at some point all expansions will be available here. You can transfer off this server to any other server, but cannot transfer to this server.

Agnarr - Just launched and is currently in the Classic period and will only go up to Lost Dungeons of Norrath before stopping and no more new content will be available. Kunark launches in a little under 3 weeks (Aug 16th). You cannot transfer to this server and currently cannot transfer off this server
  5. Dabrixmgp Augur

At this point you will NEVER catch up on Phinny. Dont let anyone tell you otherwise. They have already beaten GoD. Only way you will is if you somehow can manage a 6 Box group or you have 5 friends but either way you need lots of $$$ to spam exp pots.
  6. Nolrog Augur

That's not true. I see people grouping at the lower levels looking for more all the time. The whole Phini XP rate is so bad has been overblown since day 1. GOD released a new class that people went back and started working on. You can catch up, but you will need decent play time.
  7. Kyllvyn Journeyman

At this time, I'd say Agnarr is better but that's only because everyone is still locked in the 'basic' classic server instead of spread out.

This does have the draw back of all the 'classic' camps being camped 24/7 and can make it hard getting into one of these camps. ...means there's a lot of people farming these camps for either PP or their alts.