Agnarr AFK Timer

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by AgentofChange, Jun 13, 2017.

1. AgentofChange Augur

Can we remove getting booted for being afk on Agnarr now? The server no longer requires this feature. Thanks.
    Reht and Finchy like this.
  2. Pack Journeyman

I couldn't agree more. You cant even sit through en entire Grimrot PH wihout getting booted.
  3. Girth_Wagon New Member

Anatolian newts are found in mountain streams in the eastern Anatolian region of Turkey. They are considered vulnerable to extinction due to damage to their habitat.
    FumanchuTheIksar likes this.
  4. Rojas82 Journeyman

While resting up to finish my summer home in South Karana i was also booted.. Its kind of silly at this point.
  5. Dweezil New Member

+1 to this please
    Kinda annoying when I am sitting at a long camp .. at the keyboard .. but get booted for .. sitting at a long camp
    Agrippa and Reht like this.
  6. RandomStrategy Augur

7. Illusory Augur

• Camps don't exist.
    • Server space is limited.
    • You're taking up bandwidth.
    • You're not actively killing if you're waiting for a static spawn
    The timer stays.
  8. Agrippa Augur

Says someone that has never done an epic...or even played EQ apparently.
    FumanchuTheIksar and coolobiet like this.
  9. Illusory Augur

Say what you want, but the timer isn't going anywhere.

You have 2 choices, you can adjust to the idea that you have to actively play or move to another game that won't boot you because your AFK 3/4s the time you're logged in. Additionally, using 'epic' quests as an excuse to sit idle isn't going to make DBG staff change their mind. Again, they want you actively playing the game, not walking away from your keyboard (for any length of time) while your character sits at a self-proclaimed 'camp' because the static NPC has yet to spawn.

They've made this clear time and time again.
  10. AgentofChange Augur

The afk timer existed on both ragefire and phinny. I'm unsure about lockjaw. It was also removed from those servers when it was no longer needed. From my experience on Agnarr, it seems it is no longer a useful function so I believe it's time to remove it. I have never had a queue and I have had up to 10 accounts online at once during prime time. Never even remotely been an issue other than on the launch day.

So please remove it. Thanks!
  11. Derpfest Journeyman

AFK timer has been removed from servers time (ragefire) and time again (phinny) for a total of two times! I agree with the concern posted above....are you sure you play this game?
  12. Pack Journeyman

as long as they are getting your monthly sub, i dont think they give a crap what your doing.
  13. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

The timer should only engage when/if there is a login queue.
  14. Illusory Augur

Read my original bullet points a few posts up and apply those to Agnarr. Then realize that Agnarr is still a high volume server with limited resources.

When people start moving back to Phinny and Agnarr's population stablizes they might remove the timer. Until then, don't afk too long - its as simple as that!

Why would you say that?
  15. Pack Journeyman

Because its the truth? Daybreak is a business, they are here to make money. Once they get your money they don't care if never even log in.
  16. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I agree, it's time to remove the afk timer. I understood having it to begin with, but the need for it has long passed.
    Pack likes this.
  17. That One Guy Augur

How does illusory go from 1 post saying deal with it, it's not going anywhere... to another post not long after saying... once people move back to phinny maybe they'll remove it lol.
  18. Grandma Elder

afk timer is nice to get the afk pet class krono farmers shut down now and then from Runeye where their pets are locked on anything that spawns that might drop BaMs.
  19. Rauven Augur

The feature keeps the queue away. Take a look at the server list under population. Agnarr still tops out.

Its a 30 minute timer. If you're not doing anything by then, you're not even playing. Many people login for 30 minutes, get stuff done and log out for the evening. Its a long enough time.
  20. Rhodz Augur

Not sure why anyone would be unable to hit a key every 20 minutes or so.
    Missing something?