Agnar server means no zerker ever on that server devs got any comments?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Voss, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Pictarous Augur

Good, zerkers are trash until 20 expansions in.
  2. DariyaVika Augur

GoD comes out, two weeks later there are level 65 berzerkers with their epics. Then I realized GoD wasn't that great and college girls were more fun, so I quit EQ for 12 years.
  3. Wayylon Augur

Lmao at people saying Zerkers would be weak on a PoP locked server.

Some PoP Zerker AAs: 21% chance to flurry, 50% increased hit damage, +96 Frenzy damage bonus...
  4. nagash101 Augur

The only way i think i would even play EQ on Agnarr again is if they did release it with Berserkers playable at the start. I think that would be a great idea. I think DBGs is missing the boat on not locking this server to OoW or GoD.

When did the Epic 2.0 come out?
  5. Kimberly New Member

OoW = epic 2.0s.
    GoD was the first expansion I didn't really enjoy and was sort of the downfall of the game for me. LDoN is a great place to stop and I cannot wait to participate in Agnarr!
    Wayylon and Cart like this.
  6. Kanuvan Elder

Please keep anything related to live garbage out of TLP thanks
  7. Kahna Augur

Because the best way to get the developers to do what you want is to insult them by calling the content they created garbage. Keep up the good work.
  8. snailish Augur

One of the points of a lock is some things aren't going to be there, ever.

One server without berserkers is not an issue. If a person is "berserker or nothing" then Agnarr is not the place for you.

Supposing Agnarr is a success that results in another locked server... most likely Agnarr 2.0 would be locked at a later era and thus have berserkers.

Hopefully the Agnarr ruleset is maintained, which the exception of transfers off being allowed at some point (rather than increasing the lock era. Even a specific "ladder" of locked destination servers is better than altering Agnarr's endgame setting).
  9. Taladir Augur

I've never seen a piece of Wild Lord's armor on Phinigel. Is it dropping now? Is it supposed to be?
  10. Zanarnar Augur

I have 2 pieces of wild lords as well as 2 Bestial* pieces from poGrowth for the clickies. I have a full set of BST armor from plane of fear on my monk, and a near full set of Bestial (including 5 BPs) because my GL thought it was funny to give it to me. We rotted a TON of zerker armor from classic too.

Still after much gnashing of teeth they left BST / BER to release in era on Phinny; if that was their choice they need to stick with it here too. Not that I care, as I'm interested in the expansions from OOW onward.
  11. taliefer Augur

it is, my beastlord has several pieces. and as others have stated, the beastlord and berserker planar armor definitely dropped on phinny during classic as well.

really, when they intrdouced bsts and zerkers they went through the hassle and pretty much fully itemized those classes through all the older content. im sure theres an oddity or small gap here or there, but nothing that should be a reason to keep these classes tied to an expansion.

however, i still doubt we ever see a new server that starts at classic with these classes available, sad as that makes me. im guessing it has something to do with not being able to untie these classes from their expansions, or just plain stubborness akin to how The Vision(tm) was back in the day
  12. snailish Augur

It could be changed.

That's not the recent direction though, look at the era-tying of halfling and Gnome "newer" classes and the extremely late era for froglok monk and wood elf beast. If the assigning of races has been so "as it was in history" it's not a good bet to expect classes to be moved. (I recognize that race-change potion $ may be in play with this).

While code was used once upon a time to give some unique combos (Vah Shir Druid at least) to the one Zek server... I'm not sure if that is a thing that could/would be done now. Making a global change to the class era of BST and/or BER would therefore impact any other future progression server.

Now a marketplace "early unlocker" for bst or ber... maybe that makes enough $ense to happen? As that could just not be available on the marketplace of a future progression server they wanted to keep era-accurate?
  13. taliefer Augur

yea, i really doubt we will see bsts and zerkers for whatever reason. my point is just that itemization cant be used as that reason, as the classes are itemized for all older content as it is, minus plane of sky.

if financial reasoning is a contributing factor, id actually be ok with adding an unlock to the cash store.
  14. SonOfABiscuit Augur

Hah. Hijacking thread momentarily...
    Retired:
    ***Kzael (NEC - RZ) <The Regulators>***

Have not seen the TR tag in many years. I was in TR for UO and EQ when it 1st launched. Good times.
  15. Strawberry Augur

I don't get the point of a permalocked server at all, once the content is beaten, what are you going to do?

This makes 0 sense to me. It's a server that is just going to die, and you already know it beforehand. Why would you play on it. I don't get it.
  16. AgentofChange Augur

Open a new server and make more money obviously. Duh.
    Reht likes this.
  17. Strawberry Augur

People asked for this? A permalocked server sounds like the dumbest thing I have ever heard.
  18. DariyaVika Augur

So far every TLP has more or less died soon after GoD came out.
    Wayylon likes this.
  19. AgentofChange Augur

?
  20. snailish Augur

Agnarr (locked @ LDoN) is not for everyone. It's not for a lot of people. It has been repeatedly asked for in some form for years by some people. The closing of the Mac server after 10 years locked at hard/bugged PoP, and sustained success of P99 with long periods of lock provide some precedent that people that say they want this will actually play it for a long time.

Agnarr could launch tomorrow or June... it will be busy to start, as lots of people enjoy fresh start on a progression server. Usually we lose lots of people as they fall behind with expacs, even Phinny has had this but the massive population there has minimized the negatives of this. Knowing Agnarr will stop means the slower progressing types can relax and know they can catch up. Rage/Lock XP rates means many will be willing to level a full slate of alts to max level & AA.

Agnarr launching now-June won't take much from Rage/Lock/Phinny --certainly not in the raiding culture at least. While Agnarr may end up with some sort of stratus of raiding guilds... it's not the ideal place for this kind of play, at least for the hardcore one-mainers. Agnarr will lose people after some time in the lock, and people when the next progression server from original after Agnarr launches... time will tell if who is left playing there is enough to be viable.

My 2cp is that I think it will be for several years at least. (and that Agnarr is a $ positive venture for Daybreak and therefore good for the overall game even though most of EQs players will never log in to it).
    Wayylon likes this.