Agnar server means no zerker ever on that server devs got any comments?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Voss, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Voss Elder

Jus sayin...

Some of us would love a shot at classic through ldon in those eras just for fun times...as a zerker...

or not, devs any comment?
    Wayylon likes this.
  2. AgentofChange Augur

not classic bruh
  3. nagash101 Augur

yeah they really need to release with beastlord and berserker.
    Xanathol and Wayylon like this.
  4. Rhaage Augur

+1 for zerker / beasty plan.
    Wayylon likes this.
  5. Fohpo Augur

Froglok monks too please
    Wayylon likes this.
  6. Kattahn Elder

My dream TLP is 16 week unlocks, bst/ber available from classic, AoC's, truebox, and RF/LJ exp rates.
    Xanathol likes this.
  7. Wayylon Augur

+1 For Zerker/Beast and all possible races and combos from day 1. Not gonna happen though.
  8. Kywen Augur

I totally want Wood Elf Beastlord on Day One.
  9. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

If zerkers aren't going to be added it would be nice if the berserker only armor from plane of fear was tagged to be GoD era to prevent it from dropping.

Incase devs aren't familiar it is the Shadow Rage Armor that drops from the "a samhain" type of mobs.
    Mashef likes this.
  10. Nolrog Augur

This is why they don't give people what they ask for. People have been begging for a locked server forever and now, 2 minutes later, you want something different.
    Smokezz likes this.
  11. taliefer Augur

every new server people ask for beastlords and berserkes to be available from the start. cause it would be fun to experience classic content with these classes.

its likely never to happen, but i still dont think its an unreasonable request
    Xanathol and Wayylon like this.
  12. Glowerss Augur

If you want to be a zerker in classic, just roll a warrior, equip a 2hander, and refuse to tank. Pretty much what a zerker will be before Omens.

Beastlords would still be a functional class early in the game. Possibly too good actually with beast crack being as good as it is.

Zerkers would be absolutely flat out terrible though. If they did release zerkers people would spend the entire time crying that their class was worthless.

The epic 1.0 might make them decent in Kunark (might), but requires them to go to Stonebrunt which isn't open till Velious or Luclin, by which point it's not so great.
  13. Nolrog Augur

It will never happen because then they will complain there isn't enough merchants, or they can't get good gear or they can't get epics. There's a very reason why.
  14. Vanrau Augur

Since some of you seem to be new to EQ live let me point out how it is around here.

Little or no gear drops for Berserkers in the early expansions as it is on the current set of TLP servers. What you would have is Berserkers running around with barely any gear and the sea of complaints would come pouring in. I don't even think there is a full set of gear for Berserkers that drop before GoD. The devs would have to either pull gear from GoD that is appropriate for each of the early expansions or create new gear. I seriously doubt they would even consider wasting their time with that.

All of this is going to take way too much resources to do properly. The dev team needs to focus on bug fixes right now which we sorely need more than anything.
  15. Phinny's Dark Knight New Member

Zerkers have a full classic planes tier set, full kunark set, and plenty of options for gear in velious/luclin. They also have a tier armor in PoP, can wear a ton of time gear, and ldon gear as well.

Not that I care if they put them in or not...server ruleset is for the birds. Waste of their time, won't be very popular.
  16. taliefer Augur

This just isn't true. Bst and zerkers have planar, kunark and Velious armor sets. The only Classic through pop zone they aren't itemized for is original plane of sky, which isn't a big deal. It'd also be an easy fix if they were so inclined, slap bst on all the monk quests, and berserker on the warrior ones minus dagas.
    Xanathol likes this.
  17. Vanrau Augur

taliefer, are you looking at this from a live server perspective? Because progression servers are different and some of that gear doesn't drop.
  18. taliefer Augur

it dropped on fippy, and the planar sets for bsts and zerkers definitely dropped on rage lock and phinny. the velious quests utilize the same drops as every other class.

they may have turned off the drops for the kunark sets on phinny,but i never exactly camped any of that stuff. but if they did that, its a simple process to turn itback on, as i know for a fact they dropped on fippy. i bought a wild lord tunic during kunark there for my future bst.
  19. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

Leave garbage pail classes in garbage pail, I say.
    Kanuvan likes this.
  20. crag79 Augur

As was mentioned above. This is totally not true. Fear has a set of Zerker only gear (with decent stats), Kunark has a set also, all three factions for Velious have the quests, Twilight Sea has a set for zerkers also. I think you are just worried about some Zerker taking your CoF off naggy. While its true the dps is nominal until Luclin, same can be said of a rogue or ranger. The big difference that a Zerker can tank better than either of them up through PoP.