[Agnaar] Kunark Questions (Iksar mostly)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by That Guy, Jun 27, 2017.

1. That Guy Journeyman

Hello all,

I just had a few questions about the Kunark expansion. I know it is still a bit away (7 weeks I think?), however I am the sort to try and plan ahead somewhat. I didn't really start playing until POP, so a lot of the content of Agnaar is new to me, but so far I am loving it. I just want to do some pre-planning for when Kunark goes live on Agnaar, and I am coming across conflicted information, so some help would be appreciated.

Anyway, onward! I am currently playing an Ogre SK, but I do intend on race changing to Iksar when Kunark comes out. Now from what i have read, this was sort of a grey period for Iksar plate wearers, due to most plate being restricted to non-iksars. So, here are my questions -

1.) Currently I am wearing Darkforge armor, and it seems that they have a comparable Dreadscale set, but I have read somewhere that it wont be available until later expansions? Is this true or will it be available when Kunark launches? If so it shouldn't be difficult to obtain them for the armor set swap.

2.) What would the high end armor available for an Iksar SK be? I am assuming Greenmist Armor, but this was added in the PoFear revamp, so again, not sure if it will be obtainable or not?

3.) Assuming neither Dreadscale or Greenmist will be obtainable, what would be the best armor possible then? I know stat wise other races will have better armors, but I do believe that after Velious then Iksar's have much more choice?

4.) Lastly, just for my general knowledge, it seems that they are using all the most recent versions of updated zones and so on. At least they seem to for current zones, such as Steamfront. Is this what we can expect for all time progression servers, or are there exceptions? And if so how does this relate to Quest NPC's?

Thanks in advance.
  2. Aegir Augur

Greenmist Armor does drop from Nightmare (black horse) in Plane of Fear once Kunark launches on Agnarr - I only think it was on Ragefire/Lockjaw, where it took some time for devs to add them to the game. It's just not that common from them horsies though and they roam where Cazic Thule usually is, so you need to be careful when pulling them. You are however, close to the safespot north of the big fire temple.

Dreadscale is in line with the mid-tier armor like Crafted, Ravenscale etc. Whereas Greenmist is the Iksar version of planar tier-armor, which has more optimised stats for SK than the original SK suit.

When Velious Launches, all armor wearing penalty for iksars dissappears and you quickly wanna head to ToV and farm either Skyshrine or Kael armor suit.
  3. Basak Augur

Mostly accurate. There are some plate in Velious that Iksar can't wear, but for the most part the important pieces (like the quested armor and the top-tier raid drops) are wearable.