Aging eyes need better compasses and maps

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gentsia, Feb 11, 2022.

1. Gentsia Apprentice

I've been playing for 20 years (ack!). I've had cataract surgery and my close up vision is not the same. I have so much trouble reading the map and compass, as in I can't even see where my group is. I've made the compass dark...can't do much else with it. I've made my hotbars bigger I've changed the font. Those help with the rest of the UI, but the compass...seriously. And the map this expansion ToL in particular, I have a hard time seeing the lines and the players and even my own X. I have played with tint, texture, alpha, faded, my color, group color...and i cannot see the dang tunnels in Umbral! I can't see where group is in like Shadow Valley or Bloodfalls. On raids, they are calling move North! Northwest! and I can't see the compass...i just have to follow and I am not someone to ever miss emotes or not move.

Any suggestions? In CoV and ToV i turned gamma way down to see and turned off some stuff in advanced display and it helped.

I use the default UI; no need to worry about patches. I do use MANY options the UI offers of which most people are unaware. I use /viewport for instance, assign icons to hotbuttons, etc.
    Shindius and Fenthen like this.
  2. Fenthen aka Rath

You can check out modded windows, compasses and such, from EQInterface.
    Shindius, Strumph and Svann2 like this.
  3. Herf Augur

The game in general really needs to invest in us long time players. The sole font size change doesn't affect all use of fonts in the game and offers extremely limited choices.
    Shindius likes this.
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

5. brickz Augur

Windows key and + key brings up the magnifier if you weren't using it already
    Pelrond, Nennius and Fenthen like this.
  6. Deckerd Smeckerd Augur

2022 Roadmap:
    • January:
      • Community Resource Council Application Relaunch - Your chance to help advise on the future of EverQuest.
    • February:
      • 64-Bit Servers and Clients Release to Live Servers
    • March:
      • 23rd Anniversary - New quests, missions, and a new raid.
      • New Content for Bristlebane's Day
      • New Content for Stomple's Day
    • April:
      • New Classic Achievements - Adding achievements for many original quests in EverQuest's starting cities.
    • May:
      • New Progression Servers - Rulesets to be announced at a later date.
      • Mercenary Rank Simplification - Simplify mercenaries down to the two ranks primarily in use and remove the quest line requirements for obtaining them.
      • New Tempest Festival Event
    • June:
      • Server Merge - Merging the Phinigel and Miragul servers to Vox.
    • July:
      • New Scorched Skies Event
      • New Overseer Achievements and Reward Improvements
    • September:
      • Heroic Characters Update - New Heroic Characters will start at level 100.
    • October:
      • 2022's Expansion Beta + Preorder
      • New Content for Nights of the Dead
    • November:
      • Extra Life - Help us raise funds for the Children's Miracle Network.
      • New Content for Feast of Giving
    • December:
      • 2022's Expansion Launch
      • New Content for the New Year's Event
    • Throughout the Year:
      • Raid Zone Performance Improvements
      • Class Tuning and Balancing
      • Anti-Cheat Improvements
    • Beyond 2022:
      • New UI Engine
    Looks like it might come next year.
    Jumbur likes this.
  7. Shaiken Journeyman

My aging eyes would love a way to turn off the bobbing animation when on certain mounts. They are starting to make me very motion sick.