Aggro on raid mobs/burn mobs with no fade

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Arcainos, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Ricedogg New Member

I had some ago issues last night, but it was from Renaii giving Silv ideas with their broke pet. It was actually challenging to get ago off him! Still no zerker though... and I think I've shown you a few zerker parses Arcainos so you know what our zerks can put out...
  2. Arcainos Augur

Again. Glad you weren't having any issues Rice. Some are.
  3. Zarakii Augur

I dont doubt warrior aggro in the slightest but let me ask you how often can you completely lock down aggro during the duration of an entire event with 1 minute phantom and 5 minute aa pet with other no aggro issue disc/aa? there will be times where everything that is "sure aggro" will be down and when that happens and people are sustaining (making the most out of there burns over the longest period of time) will in fact steal aggro if they (the dps) are doing what they need to be doing. this isnt a bad tank problem this is a jolt problem that doesnt do anything near what its suppose to do

Are the zerks not having these issues just waiting to burn or are they optimizing there disc/aa per event to get the most out of it at all times?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  4. Triconix Augur

You should take a look into warrior aggro numbers. We can just pump so much aggro into a mob it's unreal which is why it's troubling to hear of warrior's with "aggro problems." We have 4 separate aggro mod abilities - Rage, Fury, Glyph, Bold Attacks - to increase our aggro. Bold Attacks is passive and is up 100% of the time now (AKA warrior aggro actually went up). We also have aggro mod on our mask.

Our two pets do insane amounts of aggro (Phalanx does something like 200k aggro and phantom is supposed to put us like 50% above highest person then lots of hate over time), and here is a list of our other stuff (highest rank):
    Blast of Anger - 36,000
    Insult - 11,443
    Sneering Grin - 9,127
    Wade in to Battle - 12,523 per proc
    Cyclone Roar - 3,887 per tick
    Stormstrike Blades - 13,708
    Barbed Tongue - 2483 // 2630DD This is every single taunt for 5 minutes. You can taunt every 3 seconds...
    Area Taunt - 6,000 (on top of no fail taunt)
    Ageless Enmity - 3,000 (on top of no fail taunt)
    Unbroken Attention - 6,040 plus decrease everyone aggro by 15% for 18 seconds plus increase our hate generation by 65% for 18 seconds.
    Phalanx of Fury - 4,500 innate proc (procs more than any proc I have last I checked)
    Gut Punch - 4,800
    Warlord's Grasp - 3,000, lock aggro for 2 ticks and decrease player aggro by 35%
    Warrior's Bulwark - 5,288

This is not even including our own swing aggro plus our aggro procs on weapons.

A warrior could literally just spam these as they come up for probably close to 15-20 minutes straight without worrying about losing endurance.

***Edited to show numbers
    Sheex, Ricedogg, Repthor and 2 others like this.
  5. Mayfaire Augur

Keep talking like that and we're going to have the nerf bat heading our way. lol :p
  6. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

*cough* broken pet aggro *cough* ;)
    Repthor and Mayfaire like this.
  7. Triconix Augur

NOOOOO!!!! :eek: :D
    Mayfaire likes this.
  8. Repthor Augur

Triconix is correct and also ppl dont understand every minute that goes by the warriors ability to hold aggro dubbles thanks to phantom . so wile other classes aggro tapers off, warriors aggro just dubbles every minute growing expantionaly. and this is not takeing in to acount that we also have all the other tools to pump in more hate when/if needed

our singel target aggro overtime is unrivaled by anyone in the game
    Triconix and Sheex like this.
  9. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

^
    Triconix and Repthor like this.
  10. Repthor Augur

was ofcorse meant for our zerker freinds
    Sheex likes this.
  11. Silv Augur

They're almost done with casters I think and now that they've done Bards the other melee are probably next in line. Good luck!
  12. Triconix Augur

We were already nerfed lots in the past, though! Coming back for more is just plain greedy and mean.
  13. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

#purplemonkeydishwasher

I'm actually surprised most of you are admitting how screwy war aggro pets are. The last time I posted calling it "broken" got lulslammed by warriors claiming it was just fine and to stop Grobbing!
    Xeladom likes this.
  14. A-Quad Augur

Confirmed. My aggrometer was noticeably higher across all events this past week. Hell, I died to Vitio's ramp for the first time ever; absolutely devastating to a "parsetard" like me :mad: :rolleyes:

Zerkers already had it bad - give 'em more tools. No complaints here though, at least not yet. In fact, I welcome the challenge in an otherwise-unchallenging game...

...as long as it doesn't impact my damage output too much ;)
  15. Repthor Augur

its not screwy other then beeing buged right now. they are super strong your projection i just as strong as ours btw , no one will ever deny that, they are also the majority of all our aggro hands down so takeing them away whould infact create problems
  16. Zarakii Augur

again from my statement earlier on aggro up time and i agree warriors can dish out aggro galore but when those pets are in cooldown and zerks are burning (should be always with sustained events) they are going to climb that aggro meter quickly

Again i didnt mean anything bad about warrior aggro i know how kick it is what im saying is the same thing i was saying 5+ years ago zerks need jolts that work hitting a 45s burn and backing away and turning attack off is not an option
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  17. Repthor Augur

and like i stated earlyer noone is sayign their jolt dosent deserv and upgrade i said that and that thy also got impacted by the fade. but what we are talking about is them claiming they need to hold back when burning. and with proper tankage they simply do not need to period
    Lianeb likes this.
  18. Triconix Augur

If a warrior dumps all aggro at the beginning, in just a minute that warrior will have achieved probably close to 700,000 aggro (if not more). I find it very hard to believe a berserker would over take that, especially the very next second after that minute is over, the warrior again dumps a few hundred thousand aggro on it. We're talking about aggro in the range of 1 million + hate. Plus using both aggro decreases would mean half a minute where a zerker is causing 15-35% less aggro than normal for about 30 second and nothing should be even touching us.

However, I rarely see warriors use one of their two pets (projection) which is a massive amount of aggro they leave on the table. Hint hint, that's a problem.
  19. Lianeb Augur

I don't know any good warrior that puts everything on cooldown so there is nothing left for aggro creep. In fact I mainly rely on the quicker refreshed things up front, then move into the bigger abilities as the creep persists. I know there are other warriors out there that have hit the aggro meter bug where you are so far ahead of everyone it just doesn't show a second person in it.

P.S. Phantom before the bug was WAY more productive later in the fight than up front. Putting me 50% ahead of DPS01 with 10k hate at the start is no where close to putting me 50% ahead of DPS01 with 200k hate 30s in. I cry a little inside when i see a warrior spamming it on up time.
    Repthor likes this.
  20. Lianeb Augur

Haha very nice cross post. I like the differing views though. Not that i hold it back i just don't spam it on up time.

Edit: oops i see you are talking projection not phantom. but yeah i agree not many still use it