Aggro on raid mobs/burn mobs with no fade

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Arcainos, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Silv Augur

No offense... but inside scoop: most of those people are all from your guild. Of course they're going to agree with it.
    Ricedogg likes this.
  2. FawnTemplar Augur

You're right. It couldn't be that we were all actually there and saw what happened. No, we just agree with Arc because of his sunny disposition. :)
  3. Zarakii Augur

think its safe to say zerks need jolts that work period.... time to move on and pray they do it in the next 5 years (i prayed for it 5 years ago and gave up)
  4. Zarakii Augur

Personally i gave up asking for help in those aa chats right at RoF and main changed during Cotf.
    You like to imply that rangers have issues with aggro and need to back away o_O baffled by that assumption you have tools and most rangers spam summers anyways burning and i have NEVER seen a ranger have aggro issues but you do? Please stop trying to derail this plea for help by saying stupid crap like that i can absolutely vouch GOOD zerks are and will continue to have aggro issues until the devs stop clumping the 90% of the very few that do play now of the press a couple things and everythings fine and go with that and look at the 10% of the ones that make the most out of the class and get royally screwed every time they do. same bull happened with decap EVERYBODY rolled a zerk and thats all the devs heard about decap this decap that and many issues were ignored because that was the majority (idiots who wanted one thing and had no idea of the in depth nature of the class) screaming for useless crap
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  5. Vetplayer Elder

Arcainos

"

Turning off attack on a burn isn't a solution...
    "

-----

Welcome to the new EQ. Where you pay for gold status for the use of Prestige gear.. yet you can't shouldn't turn on attack!
  6. Brogett Augur

It's not that simple. Berserkers can't just decide they'll burn 1 min later than the rest of the group in order to avoid agro, as their dps will be ^&*%^. Melee *need* synced ADPS to be competitive. As a rogue around half of my burn damage is from the immediate group support network, and my burn damage is so much higher than my non-burn that losing a bit of it will make my overall combined utterly rubbish. Berserkers have the same issues, but even more so.

Therefore any decision on when to burn is a complex one that requires entire groups to change, if not entire raid strategies to change. Hence one class having hate issues affects the entire raid.
  7. Kobrah Augur

Have your tanks double checked that hate mod aa they added to ensure its maxed and ON ? Dunno if anyone said that yet
  8. Battleaxe Augur

1. Doesn't sound like an affects the whole group/raid issue to me. Sounds like a Berserker issue.
    2. Doesn't sound like it requires the fade changes to be rolled back for Berserkers. It might require adjustments to Jarring Smite or better burn coordination by Beserkers/groups they are in.
    3. Sounds like there's a no adjustment required by DBG solution (which DBG may or may not recommend) - "turning attack off for a few seconds" ( <- Arcainos ). I suspect Captain Tita will die still and fewer Berserkers will.

Burn is not exempt from the requirement that classes manage their aggro nor do insufficient tools exempt them from managing it by turning off attack and backing out on occasion or stop nuking for a bit. See balance events and not DPSing blindly.
  9. Elricvonclief Augur

Do you seriously think endgame tanks are foolish?

Or are you just trying to stir up drama?
  10. Brohg Augur

Can't speak for Kobrah, but *I* seriously think numerous players of every archetype get lazy as crap when they're accustomed to facerolling mobs.
  11. Darkark Augur

I'm so tempted to throw out a plug for Triton here, and that the berserker class is open for recruitment atm ... could even come up with a little catch phrase or something, "Triton, enabling dps burns patch after patch".

But that would just be tacky :(
    Ricedogg, Mintalie and Silv like this.
  12. Silv Augur

Mission accomplished :cool:
    Elricvonclief, Sancus and Reht like this.
  13. Arcainos Augur

Not sure I get your point in this.
  14. Random_Enchanter Augur

DPS = deaths per second for zerkers?
  15. Mintalie Augur

FWIW, I rarely to never use Silent Casting, even on huge kitchen sink burns like Vitio, and I have no aggro issues. If you have tanks doing their jobs, you don't have to worry about aggro, in my experience.
    Ricedogg likes this.
  16. Darkark Augur

Only one way to find out ... ;)
  17. Gumlakx Augur

1. The event mob (Lieutenant Rolth, WK2) will spawn more adds the longer it is alive, so our raid leader wants us to burn once the warrior has aggro.
    2. It takes me a few seconds to get my burn going. During those few seconds usually I'm focused on getting my burn going and not watching the aggro meter.
    3. I'm not the only berserker at the event. We parse similarly (he usually edges me out). Sometime I die quickly, sometime he dies quickly. We are using similar burns on the same mob with vastly different results for aggro.

I understand where burn DPS is useful and where it is not relevant. On Guard Teclisin I'm concentrating on the burning prisons since I can decapitate them, and leave the main mob for others.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  18. Utaerx Elder

Putting the sarcasm aside, if it was only Arcainos and Krixis saying this, I wouldn't bother on this thread at all. I put a lot of stock into what they say because I know how well they parse, but I generally don't like to get on the EQ Live forums anyway, especially if it is just in some effort to circle the wagons. But Behelit really doesn't have anything to gain by being some sort of RoV shill, and he's an exceptionally good berserker. I've also read some of his write ups on zerking, and he's incredibly knowledgeable, so I also put a lot of stock into what he says. It also goes without saying that the warriors behind him are plenty competent. So, it just doesn't add up that this whole issue is unique to RoV, because we supposedly have bad warriors or zerkers. Yet, that has been continually leveled at us throughout this whole thread, and it's frustrating.
  19. Cicelee Augur

The next expansion is going to be 100% dependent on berserker DPS and warriors' ability to hold aggro off of said berserkers. Judging by this thread, I feel so sorry for ROI and Behelit and crew :(
  20. Triconix Augur

There are multiple pets that are bugged right now - warrior phantom being one. It could be a (the) reason why anyone would see any problem with aggro. There are workarounds to using these bugged pets, but it takes awareness and logic. Also, there were odd moments last night when my aggro just wiped clean out of nowhere (but nobody else's) and the mob certainly wasn't blurred and I certainly wasn't fading ...not that it would work now :p But one button click and I was back to being on top.

[IMG]
    Ricedogg likes this.