Aggro change?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by HanktheTank, Sep 22, 2019.

1. HanktheTank Journeyman

So like I'm curious on what changed aggro in the last patch. I find that now I have to taunt mobs off of players more.

I don't know how to parse aggro, I just know that something changed with it. Now I can still fight the mobs and get aggro back, however, the numbers have changed.

I guess it is a small thing. Just cost me more endurance while fighting. I'm just curious on what changed with it and why.

Thanks
  2. Brohg Augur

Whatever agro you had passively from Ripostes last week will be at least 20% lower this week. 20%(ish) on current content, more versus lower leveled mobs that miss more
  3. Bigstomp Augur

I have not noticed any real difference in aggro.

If you are thinking about endurance you are probably not aggroing hard enough and your dps are likely having to hold back so they don't get aggro.

Ripostes likely matter as brohg said above, but also consider just mashing more buttons. Let your dps run wild.
    Brohg likes this.
  4. HanktheTank Journeyman

Is your aggro experience with group weapons or raid weapons? I am using group weapons.

Normally I could hold agro from people doing raid damage. However; now the others have moved up on the list. Like I said I can work around it; but there is a difference. Like I said I just hit more buttons and use more endurance. /shrug
  5. Drpeppa Journeyman

Which grp weapons to be exact pls ?

How many as do you have ?

Current agro mask?

Are you using the type 3 ability enhancing augs ?

What augs are in your grp weapons?
  6. HanktheTank Journeyman

Secret dawn war sword and Mikrarrg's Striking Stone using a shield. I don't have a problem with agro with 2 1 handers, but it's been a while since I use 2 1 handers in normal content.
    Drpeppa likes this.
  7. Drpeppa Journeyman

Are your dps attacking your mob you have targeted ?
  8. HanktheTank Journeyman

yes. It's over the course of several mobs. It's just the numbers of the group members are higher and the agro that I hold is lower. So I have to throw in more agro stuff than before. It's just more endurance, but it's a strange change.
    Drpeppa likes this.
  9. Drpeppa Journeyman

As has been pointed out. It should be 20% lower due to that much less repo and thus less repo agro proc via weapons self or aug procs per repo on secondary and third or beyond mobs generated
  10. Drpeppa Journeyman

A minor off set to this would be to use rune proc augs.

It won't recover all agro via repo nerf. However rune augs produce more ae agro per proc then single target hate procs.
  11. HanktheTank Journeyman

Thanks. I've had this aug forever, I'll look into switching it up.
    Drpeppa likes this.
  12. Drpeppa Journeyman

As an aside note to this.

It's rumored to have also effected the npcs as well meaning they may now also repo you less. Thus it might enable you to go back to 2 single swords rather then sword and shield.