Agents unavailable for no reason

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Cacky, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Cacky Elder

I just did a common conversion quest and was awarded Head Administrator Grigano. I only have 1 of him. On my agents tab, he shows up with status: ready. He is an uncommon iconic with Scholar 3. Back on the quests tab, he shows up with an exclamation mark over his icon, and the alt text is "the agent is Iconic and is either currently questing, incapacitated, or selected for another quest," and I am unable to select him for any quest.

I looked at multiple quests, but for example Haste Makes Waste, and On the Shoulders. He shows up as unavailable both for the primary agent slot that has a requirement of Scholar 2 (in both of those quests), and also for the secondary agent slots.

I closed and reopened the overseer window, I clicked back and forth between tabs a few times, and I waited a few minutes. Still, any task I tried to select him for showed him as unavailable, and the agents tab still showed him as available.
    Arcos likes this.
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

Did you perhaps already have that agent and assign him to a quest before you did the conversion and maybe got a dupe?
  3. Arcos Lorekeeper

I have noticed that when selecting agents and using the drop down filters to sort them at times an iconic agent that will stick in the in used state after you check it -- it can be cleared if you close the quest window, look at the agent list to be sure it now shows ready, and starting that quest selection over.
  4. Thunderkiks Augur

You can also hit the clear button.
  5. Cacky Elder

Thanks for the suggestions guys, but it was not either of those issues. As I said in the original message, I only had 1 of him, so being an iconic dupe that was already on a mission was not the issue. And I as far as the other tip, yeah I pressed clear, I switched back and forth between quests, between tabs, opened and closed the overseer window, etc. I have seen the kind of problem you are describing, where it just gets "stuck" for a moment, but this wasn't it.

Next time I create an uncommon, I will see if the same thing happens. I am wondering if it is just a timing issue, like maybe it takes 15 minutes or something? Totally speculating...